Time has come to get meself some gear for gta 4

GTA-Lover/Junkie

GTA-Lover/Junkie

Hello all, first time poster long time lurker!

Well ive been waitin for this game for a while now and its coming round to the time where i have to make a purchase. I dont have a console or a decent tv, so im thinking of getting into debt and getting myself a ps3 and lcd or plasma tv. Does anyone know what kinda tv is better for games? and what will everyone else be using to play the game, ive saw hd projectors for like 400 quid but know nothing about them.

My budget is going to be around £1000 quid for both ps3(or maybe a cheapy 360) and tv of some description. Anyone got any recommendations? Want to spend as little as possible but get the best viewing experience for what is going to be an immense game! Will probably only use the console to play GTA 4, only bought the ps2 for san andreas! Dont play anything else on it!

ScarySquirrel

I recommend that you head on over to a dedicated AV forum for some proper advice. Most of the users on this forum are completely retarded. Do you really want to take advice from a retard?

Check out www.avforums.co.uk

It is a UK based site but you will find plenty of information and advice on what you are looking for. Alternatively, search for some AV forums based in your home country. I am guessing from the fact you mentioned a budget of £1000 that you are UK based though.

Most of the users on this forum are completely retarded. Do you really want to take advice from a retard?

Lovely way to describe your fellow users.

Anyway, I'd say to go for the cheapy xbox, thus you get more for a decent TV.

Will probably only use the console to play GTA 4, only bought the ps2 for san andreas! Dont play anything else on it!

Because of that line get a 360, the game will look identical on both systems anyway and the 360's cheaper.

Get a 360 elite and a samsung LCD.

I had a PS3 but sold it tell you the truth I love Xbox more PS3 was only good for bluray, the exclusive games weren't as good as xbox so I ditched it

CharmingCharlie

Just thought I would give you a general reminder that you aren't limited to HD TV's. Both consoles can be connected up to a normal PC monitor and a monitor will give you at least 720p resolutions (which is the native format for GTA 4).

If you are after 1080p resolutions then you can pick up a 24" monitor with HDMI for under £300 (just make sure it has HDCP compatibility). I don't know if this will be of interest, I am just showing you some other options aside from forking out for a HD TV.

Yeah if all you want the console for is GTA... I would say a xbox mainly because the games will look the same either way BUT you will get the extra content on xbox and its cheaper. (plus you get achievements and once you start getting a few you will get addicted to getting more and more. lol)

TV wise... you can get a cheapish HDtv now for about £300 from currys or comet... they not the big name companies but my bro got one a while back and it does look good.

mar01006765

Hi mate,

As people have said, the game will look the same on both systems, the 360 is cheaper and will have exclusive downloadable content packs, which we don't think will be available on ps3, at least not as big as for the 360.

I'm running an xbox elite (£300) with a 720p Digimate 32" LCD HDTV = £300 from www. ebuyer .co .uk

As far as I know LCD is better and don't be fooled into buying an expensive brand like Sony etc they're all made in some sh*tty factory in China.

I believe you could get a decent setup for less than 1000, easy. Don't know what the prices are in the UK, but I bought a PS3 and a 32" Visio LCD TV for about $1000 U.S. (which, which the value of the dollar going down the toilet, would probably be in the area of 600 or so UK pounds - have no idea what the exchange rate is, but I think it is in this ballpark).

Visio isn't the best TV out there, but it is miles above the old television I had, and you only really notice its inferior quality when it is sitting in the store next to a Sony or Samsung (Visio doesn't have quite as bright of a picture). Most importantly - it’s cheap (sorry, I mean 'cost effective').

Bought them both last October, and they fit the bill very well. I am sure the Xbox would work just as well, and probably be a little cheaper than PS3 - only reason I went with PS3 was because I was familiar with the controller.

GTA-Lover/Junkie

Cheers guys,

360 seems to be the most recommended, gotta say i do love the ps2's joypad but im sure its like anything else will take some time to get used to. Think i might do more research on both consoles and way up the pro's and con's before i make a purchase. That monitor idea sounds spot on as i do need to replace my current pc monitor on my gaming rig as its an old 21" CRT. So GTA 4 is 720p, that should be managable from any cheapy lcd tv/monitor then, happy days!

Well im in no rush to buy, as long as its all in place on the 28th april, would be cool if i could go shopping in town and come home with a tv, console and the game of the year!!! The other half wont see me for days!!! ph34r.gif