So here it is

Sircus

Hey guys, please no one criticize this topic, its been posted in very good nature, and if ya genuinely do want to hear more you can ask. I'm not trying to be arrogant or anything. I'm a film student, and i just put the 4th trailer on my final cut pro and after playin it frame by frame and re-rendering it without a gamma filter. This is the first peice of gaming footage i have looked on the editing board in my life that is genuine frame by frame and has not been cleaned or touched even slightly by an video editing software, besides that the game could be given an oscar for the perfect use of Mise en scene. Plus i found some real time lighting and reflective elements which would even dumbfound Spielberg, not to mention my film theory professor.

Cookies for everyone, gives me a smile.

defibrillator

Sounds like quality. Gta never had pre-rendered stuff though, so I'm not at all surprised by this. Everything we have seen is in game, just not technically "gameplay."

fitbikesbmx
Sounds like quality. Gta never had pre-rendered stuff though, so I'm not at all surprised by this. Everything we have seen is in game, just not technically "gameplay."

THANK YOU. This is whay so many people forget. All of these screens and trailers have been in game footage, but just not actual gameplay. The actual game was used to record all of these videos. Rockstar does not give us pre-rendered bullsh*t like other game dev's do. What you see is what you get, and I like what I see.

REELHigh_Roller

I can't wait for this game to comeout, when will the waterboarding end! suicidal.gif

Hey guys, please no one criticize this topic, its been posted in very good nature, and if ya genuinely do want to hear more you can ask. I'm not trying to be arrogant or anything. I'm a film student, and i just put the 4th trailer on my final cut pro and after playin it frame by frame and re-rendering it without a gamma filter. This is the first peice of gaming footage i have looked on the editing board in my life that is genuine frame by frame and has not been cleaned or touched even slightly by an video editing software, besides that the game could be given an oscar for the perfect use of Mise en scene. Plus i found some real time lighting and reflective elements which would even dumbfound Spielberg, not to mention my film theory professor.

Thats sick! Thanks for the re-assurance.

IHEARTGTAIV
nice, catloaf for you catloaf_by_anuj.gif

ROLFMAO that was funny! haha catloaf! ah... good times good times

What's the point? It will never be 35MM cinema quality. People are only just now pointing out things like flaws in the arm graphics, and the road's curves. R*'s art even now can stand more improvements but they've had a large task and have done well so far. I won't complain until I have the game and notice things that actually detract from game play.

That being said, I have nothing against you practicing your art with the trailer. Just wondered why.

Jack_Harvard

Kudos simply for someone else on this bored not only knowing what mise en scene is, but how to use it correctly in analysis!

Very well done, and I couldn't agree with you more!

Jack_Harvard
What's the point? It will never be 35MM cinema quality. People are only just now pointing out things like flaws in the arm graphics, and the road's curves. R*'s art even now can stand more improvements but they've had a large task and have done well so far. I won't complain until I have the game and notice things that actually detract from game play.

That being said, I have nothing against you practicing your art with the trailer. Just wondered why.

Are you talking to the OP? Because he is doing the opposite of complaining.

I said other people are complaining about the graphics, not the OP.

I am implying that there's no way to upgrade video (the trailer) that is inherently with faults... and make it look better. Filters and patches, edits used in professional studios can mask things but they're still there in the Rockstar video/game graphics.

Where is the work, is it done?

Here's a link for those who are not in film school or critic's circles:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mise_en_sc%C3%A8ne

Edited by Slamman

My friend, i don't how much you know about cinema, but 35 mm is a mere specification in film making, it defines nothing but the scale of the video, that being said it's quite odd of you to compare a game to cinema quality, because the game is not processed in an editing studio and neither on a camera, if you want to compare it something, compare it to the some of the latest animated productions, that is what rockstar is trying to achieve, animated cinema quality, basically an interactive collage of music and images. So what are you sayin?

And i practice my art on everything i lay my eyes on.

I said other people are complaining about the graphics, not the OP.

I am implying that there's no way to upgrade video (the trailer) that is inherently with faults... and make it look better. Filters and patches, edits used in professional studios can mask things but they're still there in the Rockstar video/game graphics.

Where is the work, is it done?

Here's a link for those who are not in film school or critic's circles:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mise_en_sc%C3%A8ne

That is exactly my point dude, the fact that they are not using editors an polishers means that its actually rockstars hard work which has resulted in this flawless piece of video.

Again, what are you saying.

I would point you in the direction of Widescreen Review, typically found online now, but a magazine that catered to Home Theater fans and it delved deep in to telecine and DVD production, road show movies, extra value content, Laserdiscs, and the processes and people behind the tech. A wealth of info from their vaults.

I learned a lot about the process from that. 35MM and higher means the best quality films one can expect. Transferring video either way can be tricky and cause many problems as well.

I should clarify I thought your project was to convert the trailer to film medium, sorry for any misunderstanding but Widescreen Review is an amazing magazine on the subject, you might want to look into. I have countless issues I bought and held onto.

Edited by Slamman

Kudos simply for someone else on this bored not only knowing what mise en scene is, but how to use it correctly in analysis!

Very well done, and I couldn't agree with you more!

cheers for understanding boss

I would point you in the direction of Widescreen Review, typically found online now, but a magazine that catered to Home Theater fans and it delved deep in to telecine and DVD production, road show movies, extra value content, Laserdiscs, and the processes and people behind the tech. A wealth of info from their vaults.

I learned a lot about the process from that. 35MM and higher means the best quality films one can expect. Tranferring video either way can be tricky and cause many problems as well.

ummmm...ok watever u say dude...i ain't got time, peace. sigh.

I learned a lot about the process from that. 35MM and higher means the best quality films one can expect. Transferring video either way can be tricky and cause many problems as well.

I should clarify I thought your project was to convert the trailer to film medium, sorry for any misunderstanding but Widescreen Review is an amazing magazine on the subject, you might want to look into. I have countless issues I bought and held onto.

cheers, finally! haha.

Were you merely describing or were you going to show us the result?

That's what confused me in the first place. I also need to add that you double posted and I got in trouble for that in the past, so be careful! colgate.gif

Were you merely describing or were you going to show us the result?

That's what confused me in the first place. I also need to add that you double posted and I got in trouble for that in the past, so be careful! colgate.gif

Well, wish i could show you the complete result my friend, it looks very very impressive, but man the re-rendered video is to big for uploadin, im gonna put up some very nicely filtered pics, i filtered them to figure out how well rockstar was working with the light rays an reflections. apparently, they were better then i could've dreamed, ahh who am i.