Free mode

Jobbie

I personally hope that its not just gonna be like hanging out and stuff (eg Home), but more like the host gets to set a number of diffrent varibles.

Like setting a number of players as cops to try and find the robbers and stuff like that. Otherwise it may just feel like one big deathmatch.

Or have the host create certain missions for the players to do.

Fuzzknuckles

I'm actually hoping it will be a nice quiet way to hang out - hit the bars, strip clubs and do something fun that doesn't involve killing.

No doubt it will be full of assholes trying to stab you sad.gif

Signatures are dumb anyway.

someones gonna randomly shoot at you, and you gotta chase them down. theres alway a noob ruining the fun. Unless the host removes sniper rifles

Stunt Or Die Forever

Eastside

The Vigilante

Fuzzknuckles

I'm hoping you'll be able to turn guns off completely.

SHOVE MATCH.

In free mode noone should be forced to do anything, like in Burnout where the Host set a challenged and it only completed when everyone did it, that IMO is stupid, Freemode should be about people being allowed to do what they want but just 15 other people around them, Like the single player just without the main missions.

There are 14 other game modes if you'd rather have an objective and not just piss about... Why would the host make the option for a certain amount of players to be cops in Freemode when R* specifically created Cops 'n' Crooks for that type of play, makes no sense.

In Freemode no one will be forced to do anything, you can do what you want (said in multiple official magazine interviews)

Fuzzknuckles

One of the best things about the good old days of VC MTA was going on the stunt servers.

Except for when arseholes started mowing you down with helicopters.

I personally hope that its not just gonna be like hanging out and stuff (eg Home), but more like the host gets to set a number of diffrent varibles.

Like setting a number of players as cops to try and find the robbers and stuff like that. Otherwise it may just feel like one big deathmatch.

Or have the host create certain missions for the players to do.

Theres different game modes like Cops 'n' Crooks to satisfy your needs.

RIP Rockstar Games

1998 - 2021

I'm hoping you'll be able to turn guns off completely.

SHOVE MATCH.

A shoving match? How decidedly European! LOL

I'm kidding; but I saw a vid some time ago of how English lads do battle- they each slapped the other's wife around instead of the other dude...hilarious!

Most likely i will use it to fool around with my friends, this is why i hope that you are able to rob stores.

Ever play multi player online for the pc version of san andreas?

Whatever the hell you can possibly do will be done. I predict total anarchy on most servers, and then you'll have your weirdo servers that will have some sort of role playing crap.

I'm hoping Free Roam will prove to be a blank canvas for a bit of creative GTA-ing. Just mentioned in the what would you like to see thread, that I'm hoping the shopping trolleys and bins we've seen in screen shots will roll realistically and be moveable to some extent.

I'm planning on meeting up with a few friends and trying to invent games with the people, objects and terrain we find. I will be a happy man if I can push said trolleys and bins down steep roads towards arbitary targets. A happy man. Oooh, grenade in a trolley rolling down a hill?

There could be a thread (once the game is out!) listing crazy new games that people invent themselves using the tools and environment around them.

Fuzzknuckles
I will be a happy man if I can push said trolleys and bins down steep roads towards arbitary targets. A happy man. Oooh, grenade in a trolley rolling down a hill?

I think I love you. inlove.gif

I've always wanted to see trolleys in the game - if you can push your friends around in them, Jackass style, it could make for some of the funniest replays yet recorded.

Especially with the realistic physics.

I think I love you.  inlove.gif

Well I do declare (in a bashful Tennessee accent, cooling face with elaborate fan)! blush.gif

Many thanks. OK, I'll see you there for a bit of clay pigeon trolley shooting - Pull! Trolley is rolled down hill - hits ramp - up in air - FIRE!

Fuzzknuckles

I think I love you.  inlove.gif

Well I do declare (in a bashful Tennessee accent, cooling face with elaborate fan)! blush.gif

Many thanks. OK, I'll see you there for a bit of clay pigeon trolley shooting - Pull! Trolley is rolled down hill - hits ramp - up in air - FIRE!

DEAL.

at0micgarden
I will be a happy man if I can push said trolleys and bins down steep roads towards arbitary targets. A happy man. Oooh, grenade in a trolley rolling down a hill?

I think I love you. inlove.gif

I've always wanted to see trolleys in the game - if you can push your friends around in them, Jackass style, it could make for some of the funniest replays yet recorded.

Especially with the realistic physics.

I can almost promise this. In Crackdown (which I really enjoyed playing co-op), if a dude was driving a pickup truck, the other guy could jump in the back of the truck. Not by pressing the enter vehicle button, but by jumping in there and crouching, it was fun and hilarious shooting rockets at things from the back of a speeding truck.