Read :: Leaked Maps

Mercie

Do not post the leaked maps... Users who do will be banned and their topic binned.

I have seen the images and I can tell you they are not special in any way. They look legit, but still, nothing you cannot wait for.

Edit - We do not care if you have seen the maps. This is not a discussion. If you have questions regarding what is allowed and what is not, feel free to ask. To everyone else: If you saw them, great. If you didn't, dont worry about it.

sharpshooter_08

is it ok to PM the maps ?

Thank you for asking... The answer is no. Given that these are 'leaked' you must understand that it is not Rockstar's intent to have them spread all over the internet. GTANet will support Rockstar's attitude and not allow them, period.

Ok, well, if they aren't impressive, can someone PM it to me, since it sounds like it's fake?

Not sure if this is allowed, but I'd still like to see it, and, if it's fake, what's the harm?

*EDIT*

Oh, ok. I see your point. I respect Rockstar, and agree with you, they shouldn't be all over the net.

sharpshooter_08
Thank you for asking... The answer is no. Given that these are 'leaked' you must understand that it is not Rockstar's intent to have them spread all over the internet. GTANet will support Rockstar's attitude and not allow them, period.

allright thanks for clearing that up for me

HushBull <3rdEye>

I saw them, just saying. colgate.gif

Like modman said, nothing special. Nothing special at all...

Brian O'Toole

Personally, I think rockstar leaked them.

guitar_dude_person
I saw them, just saying. colgate.gif

Like modman said, nothing special. Nothing special at all...

'nothing at all....'

... with those dots at the end!! argh!!! lol

is it he same map we saw a while ago which looked kinda bluury and was black and white?

Personally, I think rockstar leaked them.

x2

I just saw them on a site much bigger than gta4.net, and I'm surprised the moderators there aren't doing anything about it...

It's hard to say who would have leaked them. Rockstar would not. It's a bit over the top to think they would leak it, especially since they most likely enjoy the hype. It would most likely have been a gaming company, or an individual who had been able to aquire these some way. The leaked maps were definately something Rockstar would be extremely upset about, and definately something they didn't want. To the person who leaked them, good luck, because they will be copping it at the moment, whether it's being fired or being sued. The maps were Rockstar's property, and all companies, including Rockstar / Take 2 would have a contract that would make the maps private.

I just saw them on a site much bigger than gta4.net, and I'm surprised the moderators there aren't doing anything about it...

GTA Forums and gta4.net are the biggest GTA community site, if I'm correct?

The site administrators are obvious idiots for not taking them down, as Rockstar would have contacted them already. What's the site you are talking about?

Isn't it a bit too harsh to ban?I mean it could be some new guy that doesn't know about it, should be a 24 hour ban bored.gif

is it he same map we saw a while ago which looked kinda bluury and was black and white?

Not sure what you are referring to, but this one isn't black and white. It's a series of photos of what appears to be an actual copy of the map to be enclosed with the game.

It is essentially just the outline of the islands, but with the roads added. Map on the other side is the same thing, but with subway stations and lines marked. It does reveal some new info, but you might as well just read about that in the number of threads around here.

As OP said, they really aren't all that impressive. The impressive thing is that the map exists. Tells us that R* really is getting ready to release the game. Fingers crossed for no more delays.

Prior to filing a bug against any of my code, please consider this response to common concerns.

Brian O'Toole
Isn't it a bit too harsh to ban?I mean it could be some new guy that doesn't know about it, should be a 24 hour ban bored.gif

Yeah, if it's a newbie and it's real ignorance, should be a 24 hour ban or warning. If they ment to do it, permaban.

It's hard to say who would have leaked them. Rockstar would not. It's a bit over the top to think they would leak it, especially since they most likely enjoy the hype. It would most likely have been a gaming company, or an individual who had been able to aquire these some way. The leaked maps were definately something Rockstar would be extremely upset about, and definately something they didn't want. To the person who leaked them, good luck, because they will be copping it at the moment, whether it's being fired or being sued. The maps were Rockstar's property, and all companies, including Rockstar / Take 2 would have a contract that would make the maps private.

GTA Forums and gta4.net are the biggest GTA community site, if I'm correct?

The site administrators are obvious idiots for not taking them down, as Rockstar would have contacted them already. What's the site you are talking about?

Yes, you're correct on that, this is the biggest GTA IV forum, however, the site I'm talking about as a whole is much larger, and much more official, and it's kind of... irresponsible of them not to remove the images.

I'd tell you, but I don't wanna get banned. nervous.gif

guitar_dude_person

Not sure what you are referring to, but this one isn't black and white. It's a series of photos of what appears to be an actual copy of the map to be enclosed with the game.

It is essentially just the outline of the islands, but with the roads added. Map on the other side is the same thing, but with subway stations and lines marked. It does reveal some new info, but you might as well just read about that in the number of threads around here.

As OP said, they really aren't all that impressive. The impressive thing is that the map exists. Tells us that R* really is getting ready to release the game. Fingers crossed for no more delays.

It was a black and white map which looked like it had been badly photo copied. The guy posting said he 'just found it' somewhere else and people commenting saying that it looks like someone has just thrown a load of roads together, though looked rather legitimet.

Is there a place to view these maps for the people who wish to?

It was a black and white map which looked like it had been badly photo copied. The guy posting said he 'just found it' somewhere else and peopel commenting saying that it looks like someone has just thrown a load of roads together, though looked rather legitimet.

No. No information towards the whereabouts of the maps will be provided.

It was a black and white map which looked like it had been badly photo copied. The guy posting said he 'just found it' somewhere else and people commenting saying that it looks like someone has just thrown a load of roads together, though looked rather legitimet.

What you mean bluespot's real map find in trailer 3?

you can't stop people from pming the maps

I have seen the images and I can tell you they are not special in any way. They look legit, but still, nothing you cannot wait for.

In your opinion they are not special. What, do you think you represent everyone? And maybe someone cannot wait for the images, you can't stop them from looking.

Edited by iv123

Then you'd be surprised. A PM is little more than a forum between two members.

guitar_dude_person

Tell the people who wish to view the map early before release, and for the people who do not wish to view them, don't. It's their fault for clicking a link or whatever to view the map.

brandon92701

okay lemme just say. I would like to see the maps. Makes me feel all inside the loop and all

Then you'd be surprised. A PM is little more than a forum between two members.

So you mean all of you mods can read our PMs? suicidal.gif

scarface910

What about the MP screens that weren't supposed to be released?

Like in the first post: This is not a discussion. Do not link to or show the leaked content from GTA:IV. I dont know what is so hard to understand about that.... Just do not do it.

If it helps, pretend they never existed.

HushBull <3rdEye>
Well you should atleast pin it, so that newbies see it

Or you could just shut the f*ck up and stop arguing...