Overbright textures ?

jesushumper

jesushumper

OKay everything else is running great.

Nighttime looks awesome, all other colors are okay as well.

This is my problem:

user posted image

user posted image

Incase you didn;t notice, most of the yellow, orange, and white colros are WAY too bright. So breigbht that some texture detail is lost.

I've tried altering the game brightness, monitor settings, video drvier settings, all without any result.

Any ideas?

I've tried reinstalling both the game (also tried vanilla install) and my video drivers. All other games and windows looks just fine.

Previous GTA:SA installs looked just fine.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

forgot to include my specs:

mobo: DFI P35-T2RL

CPU: E6750 C2D 3.3ghz

RAM: 2gb Corsair XMS2

Video: Evga 8800GTS 512mb (tried a few driver versions with no change)

Edited by jesushumper

start the game then go to options, and it should have "Brightness" or something lower it, see if that will work

user posted image

jesushumper

It's listed in the thigns I've already tried. Matter of fact, it was the first thing.

It looks like a result of all the mods you've installed. Try a fresh install without mods.

jesushumper

Jesus, does ANYONE read the entire post before trying to help?

Still, ill-informed help is better than none.

As already stated, I've tried on a vanilla install. Still no change.

Did you delete the set file from the User Files folder after the reinstall?

You seem to be running SACamHack.

I need you to give me a list of the mods you are running.

Really, it looks like a bloom/graphic effect gone horribly wrong.

Are you using 16bit graphic settings?

Edited by streetfire

98% Of guys surrounded their minds with rice burners, imports and euro**** through their teen years, if you're part of the 2% that stayed with real muscle, put this in your signature.

Ricers suck ass. Didn't you know that a Chev 427 big-block eats Ferraris for breakfast, lol. Then stick a blower on and watch the difference. You can have a 2000HP street car with that combo. It's not a matter of power-per-litre, it's a matter of torque... my lug nuts require more torque than a Lancer Evo does. When will ricers EVER learn? Oh, and put this in your sig if you agree. HONDA = HOW ODD, NO DAMN ACCELERATION. Stupid ricers. Don't forget eurotrash lovers LOL. Yep, they're just as ignorant too... no wonder they don't drag race Ferraris, Porsches, Bugattis, or FYI, rice burners. They can suck my d!ck.

jesushumper

32 bit color.

And for the third time, this still happens with a clean install.

Deleting the .set file did not help. Good idea, though.

...arg.

My GTA:SA install disc must be cursed. I had a weird, never-before, unsolvable problem before my last system format, too.

Maybe I'll go back to my on-disc video drivers.

I think it's a graphics card problem then. Try driver installation.

98% Of guys surrounded their minds with rice burners, imports and euro**** through their teen years, if you're part of the 2% that stayed with real muscle, put this in your signature.

Ricers suck ass. Didn't you know that a Chev 427 big-block eats Ferraris for breakfast, lol. Then stick a blower on and watch the difference. You can have a 2000HP street car with that combo. It's not a matter of power-per-litre, it's a matter of torque... my lug nuts require more torque than a Lancer Evo does. When will ricers EVER learn? Oh, and put this in your sig if you agree. HONDA = HOW ODD, NO DAMN ACCELERATION. Stupid ricers. Don't forget eurotrash lovers LOL. Yep, they're just as ignorant too... no wonder they don't drag race Ferraris, Porsches, Bugattis, or FYI, rice burners. They can suck my d!ck.