did i do the right thing?

abacacus

big deal i missed out a comma, you didnt own, did you make me change my mind and not like metal

gotta 'cause

if you are going to try and be poncey you could at least write properly yourself

and you didnt own me either, im not your slave.

Sounds like he got pwnd... twice.

Yeah you did the right thing, though i'm stuck right now saving up for a gretsh white falcon guitar... which still costs loads but then i might aswell get gta on the day as i doubt it will be another 6 months or so till i have all the cash for the guitar. Aswell as needing new pedals and recording equipment mad.gif.

what am i supposed to see?

by showing me some 'sick' metal,or boys playing there instruments too hard becuase daddy didnt love them dont bother

jazz and metal both have extensive use of polyrhythms and counterpoint which are also used extensively in classical music.

not many other genres of music use this as they are based on a specific formula which stays within the modal time frame of the beat.

because of this simple fact it does not make jazz or metal better than any other genre, but it does nullify your first post about him "growin' up" since only an intelligent and mature person could understand polyrhythms and counterpoint.

therefore sire you have just been owned with my first post on these forums.

icon14.gificon14.gificon14.giflol.gif

because somethings complicated doesnt make it any better either, and you didnt own did you change my mind and make me like metal?

now i gotta go after your grammatical skills

and you didnt own did you change my mind and make me like metal?

the use of that syntax is completely rediculous and makes no sense what so ever.

this is probably why most arguments start on the internet 'cause people don't know how to read and write properly.

big deal i missed out a comma, you didnt own, did you make me change my mind and not like metal

gotta 'cause

if you are going to try and be poncey you could at least write properly yourself

and you didnt own me either, im not your slave.

You should have just said " In my opinion I think metal is crap, but if people enjoy it then good for them." It's the way you said it that made you look like an ass. You said it was the "crappiest genre" and you should have just said you didn't like it. Just because you don't like a certain genre of music doesn't make it all bad. I could say rap sucks, but I know not all of it is bad.

mudderfudder

well its crap in my opinion, i like some jazz but most of it isnt for me, i dont want someone thinking hes better than me becasue he read a dictionary and had fancy music lessons.

Why does your father have to buy GTA IV for you?

Do it yourself  devil.gif

no job, im only 16, and every single person that works at walmart knows me and knows im underage.

hahaha America is just so funny. Here in holland you can put your dick in the mouth of a Ho while being raped from behind by a gay and buy at the same time GTA IV without any trouble.

(for the moderators> sorry, but this is just the simple truth, i can't help it. If you want to ban me then it is your choice, but this is the way it is)

You should have just said " In my opinion I think metal is crap, but if people enjoy it then good for them."  It's the way you said it that made you look  like an ass. You said it was the "crappiest genre" and you should have just said you didn't like it. Just because you don't like a certain genre of music doesn't make it all bad.  I could say rap sucks, but I know not all of it is bad.

Number one reason why people don't like rap: 'Its all about guns and violence and drugs and disrespecting women'.

Yeah, right yawn.gif

If you don't like it thats fine but don't give me that bullsh*t excuse.

You should have just said " In my opinion I think metal is crap, but if people enjoy it then good for them."  It's the way you said it that made you look  like an ass. You said it was the "crappiest genre" and you should have just said you didn't like it. Just because you don't like a certain genre of music doesn't make it all bad.  I could say rap sucks, but I know not all of it is bad.

Number one reason why people don't like rap: 'Its all about guns and violence and drugs and disrespecting women'.

Yeah, right yawn.gif

I like rap myself, I'm just not into the new stuff.

Yeah, right yawn.gif

I like rap myself, I'm just not into the new stuff.

BoomBap? Gotta love the BoomBap. smile.gif

well its crap in my opinion, i like some jazz but most of it isnt for me, i dont want someone thinking hes better than me becasue he read a dictionary and had fancy music lessons.

never said i was better than you. i was just statin' the fact that you had no idea what the hell you were talkin' about by sayin' that one day he'd "grow up" and realize that he was playin' jazz and metal. i think he knows he's playin' jazz and metal and i think he should be pretty damn proud of it since he's able to perform polyrhythms and play those polyrhythms along with counterpoints from other musicians.

and the fact that you think metal is crap even though it utilizes many different formulas to become the music that it is only means that you don't know enough about music on the whole to be able to even comment about music at all. i don't talk about things i don't know enough about.

and if you're thinkin' of sayin', "then why does you bash my grammer when yours sucks entirely?!"

all i'm gonna say is that this is how i talk and type. if you talked the way that you type some of your repsonses people would say, "wait. say that slower so i can understand it." at least my words are coherent and comprehendable.

so as i said before. owned.

and stop thinkin' you can establish points for your original argument by tryin' to serve me up some ownage. that only makes you seem like you're runnin' away from the topic at hand, which is you not knowin' your ass from your elbow when it comes to music and me totally ownin' you on the subject.

never said i was better than you. i was just statin' the fact that you had no idea what the hell you were talkin' about by sayin' that one day he'd "grow up" and realize that he was playin' jazz and metal. i think he knows he's playin' jazz and metal and i think he should be pretty damn proud of it since he's able to perform polyrhythms and play those polyrhythms along with counterpoints from other musicians.
It was a joke, if he took it to heart maybe he should reconsider playing Jazz and Metal. I'll guess he'll get over it though yawn.gif

and the fact that you think metal is crap even though it utilizes many different formulas to become the music that it is only means that you don't know enough about music on the whole to be able to even comment about music at all. i don't talk about things i don't know enough about.
Its his opinion, noone cares how many classes you took. His opinions tops, so does mine for that matter.

and if you're thinkin' of sayin', "then why does you bash my grammer when yours sucks entirely?!"

all i'm gonna say is that this is how i talk and type. if you talked the way that you type some of your repsonses people would say, "wait. say that slower so i can understand it." at least my words are coherent and comprehendable.

Noone can hear you talk and noone cares. You bashed his grammer and syntax when your was just as bad.

I don't think so.

and stop thinkin' you can establish points for your original argument by tryin' to serve me up some ownage. that only makes you seem like you're runnin' away from the topic at hand, which is you not knowin' your ass from your elbow when it comes to music and me totally ownin' you on the subject.
Let me reitterate; Its his opinion, noone cares how many classes you took. His opinions tops, so does mine for that matter.

Ok, maybe other people don't know much, but I'm gonna call you out and say you made the wrong decision. I'm 20 and I've been playin drums since middle school, and am currently playing drums here at college. $170 dollars for a double bass pedal is half price??? I think not. I did a search on the internet, and in 10 seconds I found one for the same price you got yours. That means that it's not some steal of a deal. Should've bought used bro. Also if you go to smaller drum shops you can usually talk the guys down in price. Could've found one much cheaper. Oh well, you're young, and you'll learn with time. Next time be more patient, and wait for the right deal.

Yes you did. Playing an instrument is a very rewarding thing, and that pedal will be with you for years. GTA IV is eventually going to be replaced by GTA V.

agreed. music is something you can take with you the rest of ur life wink.gif not GTA IV. get it later wink.gif

mudderfudder

leave my typing alone, im not really that fussed what you say about my typing, i only said yours was wrong beacuase you were trying to be some big shot, and if you were going to have a go at me you could have at least done it right. and i now plebty about music thanks i study i at college, grade six in guitar and also learning piano

I guess you're going to have to steal GTA IV now and risk being caught. nice job jackass! cryani.gif

ok last post before i gotta go ta work.

this is a reply to saechmall or however you spell your handle.

opinions never top facts.

that's one.

your opinion, as well as his, counts just as much as anybody else's which is just the same thing as sayin' opinions never top facts.

that's two.

my opinion doesn't matter to you and your opinion doesn't matter to me.

that's three.

my point was proven with the first post i made proving the fact that he wouldn't havta "grow up" in order to realize that he was playin' jazz and metal since to fully understand the two you gotta be intelligent and mature.

that's four.

i've never taken a music lesson or class in my life. i make music. i write operas and compose the score myself. you don't need formal training in order to make, know, and understand music. you just gotta be smart enough to figure it out.

that's five.

in no way am i sayin' that i'm more intelligent or mature than you guys considerin' that i'm arguin' with you over the internet which makes us all retards. all i'm sayin' is that he shoulda never bashed the kid for playin' the style that he likes and feels 'cause based on your statements opinion is all that matters and therefore he's entitled to his about what he plays. that does not give the right to another person ,regardless of their opinions, to straight out say a certain thing is crap unless they understand it. call a turd a turd. don't call somethin' you don't grasp mentally the same thing though. that was my enitire point.

that was six.

now that i'm on my way to work you guys can stop flamin' this thread with crap since i don't think either of you two really read my posts correctly. read it as if it was the narration to a documentary on pbs 'cause that's how it was thought, felt, and said. and only 'cause i was kckin' some 'ledge your way ya dig?

ok i lied. one more post.

mudderfudder, you study music and are a grade 6 guitar player and don't like metal?

wow.

did your daddy listen to to much poison or motley crue while he spanked ya when you were a kid?

only reason i can think of for a grade 6 guitar player to not like metal.

Why does your father have to buy GTA IV for you?

Do it yourself  devil.gif

no job, im only 16, and every single person that works at walmart knows me and knows im underage.

When I was 16 I was working 30 hours a week and going to highschool.

You made the right decision. Games will come and go, but music is something that will stay with you forever.

GTA 4 will stay with me forever inlove.gif

i can play metal, i choose not to, i have taste.

oh i'm sorry. you play emo and whine about teenage girls breakin' your heart about 5 years ago.

i bet you bleed black too huh?

Double bass isn't necessary, you could have worked on your Heel-toe or slide technique and done just as well; but considering the price of the pedal compared to GTA IV, you did make the right decision.

i play guitar and have been for a couple of years i need a new guitar but i spent money on ps3 but atleast i even have a guitar smile.gif

mudderfudder

oh i'm sorry. you play emo and whine about teenage girls breakin' your heart about 5 years ago.

yes i play emo....

of course i dont, you think id be going on about taste if i played emo. maybe i shouldnt have said it but so what. you have to be talened to play metal, but dont mistake talent for tast, lyrics are also a big part of music and generally metal is lyrically awful

opinions never top facts.
I know that, but when it comes to something as subjective as Music and your telling him which is better because it has magic notes or whatever in it his opinions tops because its his opinon. Full stop.

that's one.
Congratulations, it is. icon14.gif

your opinion, as well as his, counts just as much as anybody else's which is just the same thing as sayin' opinions never top facts.
Refer to above

that's two.
No, thats still one, you just repeated your first point. icon13.gif

my opinion doesn't matter to you and your opinion doesn't matter to me.
Your opinions matter to me, your facts don't but I respect your opinions.

that's three.
Nope. Two.

my point was proven with the first post i made proving the fact that he wouldn't havta "grow up" in order to realize that he was playin' jazz and metal since to fully understand the two you gotta be intelligent and mature.
He plays them, noone said he understood them. He may very well understand them but you don't need to be smart to play them, you just need to be good.

that's four.

i've never taken a music lesson or class in my life. i make music. i write operas and compose the score myself. you don't need formal training in order to make, know, and understand music. you just gotta be smart enough to figure it out.
I'm delighted for you, I truely am icon14.gif

that's five.

in no way am i sayin' that i'm more intelligent or mature than you guys considerin' that i'm arguin' with you over the internet which makes us all retards. all i'm sayin' is that he shoulda never bashed the kid for playin' the style that he likes and feels 'cause based on your statements opinion is all that matters and therefore he's entitled to his about what he plays. that does not give the right to another person ,regardless of their opinions, to straight out say a certain thing is crap unless they understand it.
He was joking, if someone gets offended by a piece of text written by a person who doesn't know them you then thats their problem. And yes, opinion is the single most important thing in the world. I argue facts all the time, I enjoy debating but you can't argue with opinions especially when its over something as subjective as music.

that was six.
Your last paragraph was long and I'm sure it was hard so I'll give you an extra one, we're on 6, yes.

now that i'm on my way to work you guys can stop flamin' this thread with crap since i don't think either of you two really read my posts correctly. read it as if it was the narration to a documentary on pbs 'cause that's how it was thought, felt, and said. and only 'cause i was kckin' some 'ledge your way ya dig?
No idea what the f*ck you just said but I'll let my homies no dat u b representin' 4 da pbs Edited by Seachmall

Is this the same guy who was bitching about the joke before? Why aren't you at work?

Double bass isn't necessary, you could have worked on your Heel-toe or slide technique and done just as well; but considering the price of the pedal compared to GTA IV, you did make the right decision.

go do a single pedal version of black diamond by stratovarius. thars the kind of music i play, constant 16'th note double bass.