did i do the right thing?

abacacus

mudderfudder
youll realise when you grow up a littl your playing jazz and metal, 2 of the the crappiest genres.

biggrin.gif Should be playing Rap and HipHop lol.gif

old school rap and jip hop maybe, i was a little harsh on jazz, but metal, noise and confused boys.

youll realise when you grow up a littl your playing jazz and metal, 2 of the the crappiest genres.

oh yeah, jazz and metal... crappy... riiiiiiiight... consider the following... without jazz, there is no rap, there is no rock. hmm intersting i know...

metal=the only current form of music to survive decades...

hmm but then again, im sure you just like boppin along to your corporate manufacture emo/rap/rnb what have you...

go listen to clear channel and try to stay out of the way till you develope a knowledge of music.

True about metal thing.

The state of hip hop these days is disgusting, Soulja boy sh*t, Flo rida get low, all a bunch off hyped catchy songs with no artform what-so-ever.

Bilal_Is_Legend

while you create music, ill be creating chaos online in gta4.. now u decide if u did the right thing

mudderfudder

oh yeah, jazz and metal... crappy... riiiiiiiight... consider the following... without jazz, there is no rap, there is no rock. hmm intersting i know...

metal=the only current form of music to survive decades...

hmm but then again, im sure you just like boppin along to your corporate manufacture emo/rap/rnb what have you...

go listen to clear channel and try to stay out of the way till you develope a knowledge of music.

just becuase other music comes from jazz doesnt make jazz better. and cockroaches survive, doesnt make them better

That has to be the dumbest thing I've read all day.

mudderfudder

what am i supposed to see?

by showing me some 'sick' metal,or boys playing there instruments too hard becuase daddy didnt love them dont bother

by showing me some 'sick' metal,or boys playing there instruments too hard becuase daddy didnt love them dont bother

haha.

I don't mind jazz but Metal does my head in. I'm constantly going to gigs and all I get is pissed or headaches.

just becuase other music comes from jazz doesnt make jazz better. and cockroaches survive, doesnt make them better

As a matter of fact cockroaches are very good for the environment apparently, only a shame that some people have plenty in kitchens barf8bd.gif

haha.

I don't mind jazz but Metal does my head in. I'm constantly going to gigs and all I get is pissed or headaches.

The only metal that gives me a headache is that nu-metal sh*t. I only listen to the old stuff myself. This generations music sucks no matter what genre it is.

jazz and metal both have extensive use of polyrhythms and counterpoint which are also used extensively in classical music.

not many other genres of music use this as they are based on a specific formula which stays within the modal time frame of the beat.

because of this simple fact it does not make jazz or metal better than any other genre, but it does nullify your first post about him "growin' up" since only an intelligent and mature person could understand polyrhythms and counterpoint.

therefore sir you have just been owned with my first post on these forums.

jazz and metal both have extensive use of polyrhythms and counterpoint which are also used extensively in classical music.

not many other genres of music use this as they are based on a specific formula which stays within the modal time frame of the beat.

because of this simple fact it does not make jazz or metal better than any other genre, but it does nullify your first post about him "growin' up" since only an intelligent and mature person could understand polyrhythms and counterpoint.

therefore sire you have just been owned with my first post on these forums.

icon14.gificon14.gificon14.giflol.gif

Whats your point? Not everyone likes classical so you can't use it as a comparisson.

I don't know much about music but I do know what I like and what I don't, and I don't like Metal.

therefore sir you have just been owned with my first post on these forums.

i was waiting for someone to do that, i didn't want to waste the energy typing. thank you. christ my legs hurt, especially my left.

backround: i play drums, have for 5 years, mostly jazz ska and metal

coming home from school, my father said we were going to the music centre because i wanted to pick up some stick. well we got there, and sitting in the window is a gibraltar double bass pedal. 175 dollars, which is a little over half price, because they were a right handed set that a left handed guy bought without realising so they were used. now, my father gave me two options, gta or the pedal. i have wanted a double pedal for nigh on a year now and, well, gave up GTA 4, untill at least a motnh after realease.

did i do the right thing?

Get a part time job or paperround (depends how old you are) instead of livin of daddys money.

mudderfudder

because somethings complicated doesnt make it any better either, and you didnt own did you change my mind and make me like metal?

because somethings complicated doesnt make it any better either, and you didnt own did you change my mind and make me like metal?

classic example of not reading gthe whole post, he actually said it dosnt make it beter dumbass.

You went with what you are passionate about- and got it at half off too, you made the right choice. Since I'm no drummer, the choice woulda been simple for me. icon14.gif

Whats your point? Not everyone likes classical so you can't use it as a comparisson.

I don't know much about music but I do know what I like and what I don't, and I don't like Metal.

i never said ya hadta like classical or metal though. i was just provin' the point that he doesn't havta "grow up" 'cause he's already playin' some pretty adult music.

and now i'm gonna prove that your reading comprehension skills are terrible.

nowhere in my post does it say anything in any way, shape, or form, about liking a certain style or genre of music.

ishouldntbehere

I'm a little late to this thread-- but I understand your situation, i'm a professional classical musician as well.

Yes you did make the right decision. it doesn't matter how big a game is, it's always just a game. music comes first.

icon14.gificon14.gificon14.gifcookie.gifcookie.gifcookie.gif

You could have looked around on ebay for cheaper pedals.. I got Stagg PP1200 and they havent skipped a beat (excuse the pun). A lot of these things are more expensive because of the names. mercie_blink.gif

now i gotta go after your grammatical skills

and you didnt own did you change my mind and make me like metal?

the use of that syntax is completely rediculous and makes no sense what so ever.

this is probably why most arguments start on the internet 'cause people don't know how to read and write properly.

...'cause he's already playin' some pretty adult music.

Who defines that then?

nowhere in my post does it say anything in any way, shape, or form, about liking a certain style or genre of music.

I'm merely stating that I don't like Metal, it wasn't aimed at you or anyone in general.

and now i'm gonna prove that your reading comprehension skills are terrible.

and now i'm gonna prove that your writing comprehension skills are terrible.

i never said ya hadta like classical or metal though. i was just provin' the point that he doesn't havta...

the use of that syntax is completely rediculous and makes no sense what so ever.

this is probably why most arguments start on the internet 'cause people don't know how to read and write properly.

Neither grammer nor syntax validate/invalidate an argument (luckily for you). Fact and accuracies do that.

Dude, you'll have enough money to buy GTA IV, just a few weeks after it's released, if you work hard for it.

You didn't give up GTA IV, you just delayed it for a little while. biggrin.gif

And if your father won't buy you the game, just order it from the World Wide Web. sigh.gif

Don't Worry cool.gif

mudderfudder

big deal i missed out a comma, you didnt own, did you make me change my mind and not like metal

gotta 'cause

if you are going to try and be poncey you could at least write properly yourself

and you didnt own me either, im not your slave.