did i do the right thing?

abacacus

backround: i play drums, have for 5 years, mostly jazz ska and metal

coming home from school, my father said we were going to the music centre because i wanted to pick up some stick. well we got there, and sitting in the window is a gibraltar double bass pedal. 175 dollars, which is a little over half price, because they were a right handed set that a left handed guy bought without realising so they were used. now, my father gave me two options, gta or the pedal. i have wanted a double pedal for nigh on a year now and, well, gave up GTA 4, untill at least a motnh after realease.

Yes you did. Playing an instrument is a very rewarding thing, and that pedal will be with you for years. GTA IV is eventually going to be replaced by GTA V.

coming home from school, my father said we were going to the music centre because i wanted to pick up some stick. well we got there, and sitting in the window is a gibraltar double bass pedal. 175 dollars, which is a little over half price, because they were a right handed set that a left handed guy bought without realising so they were used. now, my father gave me two options, gta or the pedal. i have wanted a double pedal for nigh on a year now and, well, gave up GTA  4, untill at least a motnh after realease.

That's up to you! I play guitar and if I found a guitar I always wanted i'd choose it over GTA so yeah IMO you made the right decision...you can always get GTA later. I probably won't have a while after launch..no biggie

EDIT: The guy above me is 100% right.

EDIT #2: Don't listen to the nerds who live for GTA...Like I said IMO you made the right decision.

Why does your father have to buy GTA IV for you?

Do it yourself devil.gif

no job, im only 16, and every single person that works at walmart knows me and knows im underage.

Do it yourself devil.gif

Agreed.

You're never too young, either!

Paper rounds etc if you're young. colgate.gif

coming home from school, my father said we were going to the music centre because i wanted to pick up some stick. well we got there, and sitting in the window is a gibraltar double bass pedal. 175 dollars, which is a little over half price, because they were a right handed set that a left handed guy bought without realising so they were used. now, my father gave me two options, gta or the pedal. i have wanted a double pedal for nigh on a year now and, well, gave up GTA 4, untill at least a motnh after realease.

You did the right thing m8.

Sounds like music is your passion so it was the way to go.

Because as much as GTA IS is one of the greatest thing to bless the earth we live on. Real Life activities mean more in the long run.

Do it yourself  devil.gif

no job, im only 16, and every single person that works at walmart knows me and knows im underage.

Then order it on the internet if you've got the money!

If not, lend it from your friends xD

so if they know you then they will sell it to you....they won't get fired... but i say u made the right choice....you can get a video game anytime, once you turn 18 lol.gif lol

You made the right decision. Games will come and go, but music is something that will stay with you forever.

The fact you bought it shows you made the right desicion. GTA is only a game, it'll be out long after that pedal goes off sale.

MortifiedPenguin09

i would of done the same thing mate icon14.gif

who also are roke and have unaccepting parents?

i have ONE friend that plays GTA and if i asked i would be shot.

Don't worry man, GTA IV is only $60. You will get it eventually. That pedal was more expensive so if you had your dad buy GTA IV for you instead, it would have been a lot harder to save up for the pedal and get someone to buy it for you.

who also are roke and have unaccepting parents?

i have ONE friend that plays GTA and if i asked i would be shot.

okay...then it was better to buy the pedals I think!

I mean you can also get the game later (I suggest..oO).

So yeah, I also love music and the pedals are a long-time investment!

RageOfTheJester

should have gotten the TAMA iron cobras instead. one of the best double pedals available. but regardless, get workin on those double kicks dude, and if youve never done it before, prepare for burning shins lol. lol.gif

VCNMaverick

Haha of course man... if I had to choose between GTA and the Boss Bass Overdrive pedal, well y'know.

Enjoy the pedal! turn.gif

Too bad those rebate cheques are only due for June (I think...)

There comes a time when you have to give up the fun for your future. Perhaps this was one of them. It's also dependent on your level of a GTA fan. Obviously you're not THAT big, if you waited for so long you might as well have waited for the pedal just a little longer (that is, if you are a big GTA fan).

mudderfudder

youll realise when you grow up a littl your playing jazz and metal, 2 of the the crappiest genres.

should have gotten the TAMA iron cobras instead. one of the best double pedals available. but regardless, get workin on those double kicks dude, and if youve never done it before, prepare for burning shins lol. lol.gif

well, they are my first pedals, and i see what you mean avter about an hour. and i hate tamas, i have aplyed a single before and jeust hated. how lars uses them is beyond me. i love the gibraltars though tounge.gif

Yes you did. Playing an instrument is a very rewarding thing, and that pedal will be with you for years. GTA IV is eventually going to be replaced by GTA V.

totally right! Do your thing, maybe one day you can make a great single with a bunch of fellas. I Love music man, Hip hop, Jaz, Metal, Classic,... it's all very needed in my world. Do your thing and enjoiiiiii wuuz good

youll realise when you grow up a littl your playing jazz and metal, 2 of the the crappiest genres.

biggrin.gif Should be playing Rap and HipHop lol.gif

Go mow someones lawn or something.

im blinded by ignorance. no, really, it burns!

RageOfTheJester
should have gotten the TAMA iron cobras instead.  one of the best double pedals available.  but regardless, get workin on those double kicks dude, and if youve never done it before, prepare for burning shins lol. lol.gif

well, they are my first pedals, and i see what you mean avter about an hour. and i hate tamas, i have aplyed a single before and jeust hated. how lars uses them is beyond me. i love the gibraltars though tounge.gif

tama singles arent great, but the doubles with the dual chain drive and the independant cam is friggin fantastic. i love mine. i do like gibralter hardware however, and im sure those pedals will give you hours and horus of burning legs and enjoyment hehe cool.gif

should have gotten the TAMA iron cobras instead.  one of the best double pedals available.  but regardless, get workin on those double kicks dude, and if youve never done it before, prepare for burning shins lol. lol.gif

tama singles arent great, but the doubles with the dual chain drive and the independant cam is friggin fantastic. i love mine. i do like gibralter hardware however, and im sure those pedals will give you hours and horus of burning legs and enjoyment hehe cool.gif

oh yes. after all, ever hear stratovarius? my legs will need some coffins soon.

im blinded by ignorance. no, really, it burns!

Joking, gotta love the Jazz.

Fun Fact: In 1937 Harry J. Anslinger got Marijuana outlawed because he claimed it made people listen to 'The Devils Music' i.e. Jazz biggrin.gif What a crazy racist bastard sneaky2.gif

RageOfTheJester

oh yeah, jazz and metal... crappy... riiiiiiiight... consider the following... without jazz, there is no rap, there is no rock. hmm intersting i know...

metal=the only current form of music to survive decades...

hmm but then again, im sure you just like boppin along to your corporate manufacture emo/rap/rnb what have you...

go listen to clear channel and try to stay out of the way till you develope a knowledge of music.