How come Xbox 360 doesnt use the MP3 feature?

Unisom

I think in the PC version of Vice City you could have your own radio station of your own MP3s. The cool thing was if you went out of the car and went back in, it continues like a normal radio station.

The first Xbox had this feature for many games. But Xbox 360 only lets you stream continuously -- but it's not truly integrated into the game. Your music will play even when you pause or get outside your car. bored.gif

I think in the PC version of Vice City you could have your own radio station of your own MP3s. The cool thing was if you went out of the car and went back in, it continues like a normal radio station.

The first Xbox had this feature for many games. But Xbox 360 only lets you stream continuously -- but it's not truly integrated into the game. Your music will play even when you pause or get outside your car.  bored.gif

Basketball games don't have cars. confused.gif

EDIT: and I wrote that because I use the streaming feature when playing NBA 2K8(a T2 game), and you'll/we'll never know until GTA IV comes out for the 360.

p.s. What other games with cars can this be done in. Are there any after SanAndreas for Xbox?

Edited by Dotseoem

You have to rip the music onto the 360 HDD for it to work as a radio station. It won't do it if streaming from an iPod/MP3 player or your computer.

The first Xbox had this feature for many games. But Xbox 360 only lets you stream continuously -- but it's not truly integrated into the game. Your music will play even when you pause or get outside your car.  bored.gif

Basketball games don't have cars. confused.gif

No in the sports games you could use your music clips as celebration music. So if you hit a home run, you provice your own music and it will play it. That was so cool. In wrestling games you had your own entrance music.

For some reason, Xbox 360 - the more powerful and advanced console - hasnt done this. I think it might have to do with Xbox 360 being split into a Core version and the Premium/Elite versions with Hard Drive included. Maybe developers don't want to alienate the Core users so they dont bother adding this to games like GTA or Madden 08. That sucks mad.gif

The first Xbox had this feature for many games. But Xbox 360 only lets you stream continuously -- but it's not truly integrated into the game. Your music will play even when you pause or get outside your car. bored.gif

MS should have made where games can make use of the music on your HDD/network and give it in-engine effects (like with SA on PC and Xbox) as well as being to play over any game's music (like it only currently does). But the fact is: too few games made proper use of the feature on xbox 1 to warrant the same setup.

The thing about SA was that custom tracks were put to use as a radio station instead of an mp3 player like GTA4. You won't need auto-EQ adjustment and commercials when listening to the phone mp3 player as that is how the devices work in real life.

We'll have to see how R* handles it to be absolutely sure.