License Plates in GTA IV

d4v1d1sch4ld0

d4v1d1sch4ld0

I have noticed that every license plate on every car say, Liberty City, instead of saying, HSW3 JD9 , or whatever.

Are they going to change the license plates so it actually says what a real license plate would say?

I was hopping they do because I want to be able to go in a cop car and use there computer thing and search up a license plate number and find where the car is and the owner of the car.

That could be helpful on a mission where you have to find someones car, and all you have is there license plate, lol.

What will probably happen is, they enable random number plates when everythings finished, if not already

stevenkb5258

I don't think the cop car will enable you to look up people's cars, although I could be wrong.

It would be cool, but it's kinda complicated to make a entire database of car's licenses in the game, so looking up the owner of the car is out. Almost 100% sure that the licenses will be random-generated, just like san andreas.

I don't think the cop car will enable you to look up people's cars, although I could be wrong.

That would be neat.

scarface910

Those videos were from early builds of the game, license plates will definately be added when the game is out.

it would be neat but i dont think they would do it for every single car maybe just the cars of the people you know in the game.

or they would do it like sa where they had some random license plates then they had some funny ones

Sinister747

i think its all for the screen shots, i am 90% certain they have a Random plate generator available, i think they just have Liberty City for visual appeal, also to make sure junkies remember where they are tounge.gif

no, there not going to enable numbers/letters in them. Every cop car will be number 53, and every license plate will be Liberty Ctiy.

Ever thought that maybe Rockstar was holding out on the plates to place witty abbreviations and etc. in the final game? It would be like them.

Sinister747
no, there not going to enable numbers/letters in them. Every cop car will be number 53, and every license plate will be Liberty Ctiy.

How are you so certain about that? got a link to an official article or something?