Quantcast
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!   (85,264 visits to this link)

2. News

1. GTA Online

1. Find Lobbies & Players
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Vehicles
      4. Content Creator
      5. Help & Support
    2. Crews

1. Events
      2. Recruitment
    1. Grand Theft Auto Series

2. GTA Next

3. GTA V

1. PC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    4. GTA IV

1. Episodes from Liberty City
      2. Multiplayer
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
      5. GTA Mods
    5. GTA Chinatown Wars

6. GTA Vice City Stories

7. GTA Liberty City Stories

8. GTA San Andreas

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    9. GTA Vice City

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    10. GTA III

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    11. Top Down Games

1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    12. Wiki

1. Merchandising
    1. GTA Modding

1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Mod Showroom

1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    3. Featured Mods

1. DYOM
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

2. Red Dead Redemption

3. Rockstar Games

1. Off-Topic

1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Programming
      5. Movies & TV
      6. Music
      7. Sports
      8. Vehicles
    2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

Sign in to follow this  
kevinm07

next release

kevinm07
One year after GTA 3 was released (october 2001) another major GTA game was released GTA Vice City in october 2002...do you think we will see a successor to GTA IV around Autumn/Winter 2009 or do Rockstar want GTA IV to last for a long time.....sorry if theres already a topic like this

mudriy

Doubt it, it took them 4 years to make GTA IV.

lloydo

Then five years to make GTA5. smile.gif

frenzypsycho

Don't think we'll be seeing another gta for the next couple of years. But, heck, GTA4 will keep me busy a long time, and with the DLC, I don't think it'll get ever boring

yoooin

they made vice city in 9 months

Trooper911

Omg, why do it? We are all sitting here, waiting unpatiently for gtaIV (which btw feels like iv been waiting all my life for this game 2 cum out) and you go and start to talk about GTA 5, ON A GTA 4 FORUM... suicidal.gifsuicidal.gifsuicidal.gifsuicidal.gifsuicidal.gif

uniqueGTA

Nah, GTA4 was pretty new for rockstar with the RAGE engine and the next generation.

With GTA3 to Gta VC it was not new to them so it didn't take long time for gta vc did come out, with gta 4 to gta5 it wont take so long either i think if they still use the rage engine blush.gif

kevinm07

only 9 months..and i think its the best GTA on the ps2 so its possible we could see a GTA end of 2009 with a new city, protaganist, vehicles and some (probably not a lot) good new features...

Omg, why do it? We are all sitting here, waiting unpatiently for gtaIV (which btw feels like iv been waiting all my life for this game 2 cum out) and you go and start to talk about GTA 5, ON A GTA 4 FORUM...

omg why is there a 5 year old on GTA IV forums...

Edited by kevinm07

spook-

i think the game was ready for october 17 2007 release, but they just pushed it back to apr29 to do advertising and create more hype. which seamed to work.

yoooin
Nah, GTA4 was pretty new for rockstar with the RAGE engine and the next generation.

With GTA3 to Gta VC it was not new to them so it didn't take long time for gta vc did come out, with gta 4 to gta5 it wont take so long either i think if they still use the rage engine blush.gif

gta3 was new to rockstar- infact it was a bigger leap from gta2/gta3 than it is for gta:sa/gta4.

Trooper911

only 9 months..and i think its the best GTA on the ps2 so its possible we could see a GTA end of 2009 with a new city, protaganist, vehicles and some (probably not a lot) good new features...

But they could just upgrade???

E-lasto

Well, IV is the first GTA on current consoles.

It has taken so long because, they have had to build an entirely new engine, get to know the new consoles, ect.

The next GTA will not take as long, because the game engine will be complete, and they will have a better understanding of the hardware.

NYC PATROL

The next GTA I See wont be out till 2014 or later, They(Rockstar) said they WANT GTA IV to last for a long time, i dont blame em,(Theres tons of detail in GTA IV ) they worked there butts off to make the game you see now...Just Dont expect the next GTA anytime soon....Now after April 29, 2008, Everyone who worked on IV deserves a nice long break...

ashbash159

I won't take them as long as it took for GTA IV to be made because they already have their engine and other tech sorted out, they probably just have to make a new map and other stuff but it will take about 1.5 years as I've seen from other good game sequels.

shanbhu

no, they're going to be working on that DLC for the 360, but we may see GTA:IV for PC around that time.

NYC PATROL
I won't take them as long as it took for GTA IV to be made because they already have their engine and other tech sorted out, they probably just have to make a new map and other stuff but it will take about 1.5 years as I've seen from other good game sequels.

It will probably take just as long as IV, But they wont start the core stuff for the next gta for a few years probably, They are focused on IV for the next 2 or 4 years...

d00d

VC and SA were built on the GTAIII engine if I'm correct, with modifications for new features like clothes, swimming, etc. It was able to be done quickly since the engine was already made, and it was a simple case of making new objects and coding new missions.

GTAIV on the other hand is built from scratch, so of course it was going to take longer.

NYC PATROL

I REally dont see a new GTA for awhile, like i said, THEY WANT IV to last with all the details it has + the story + exploring + multiplayer...ITS GIGANTIC in every possible way

galgor

TBH I'd rather see some sort of expansion pack. Something that gets planes in there! & other things that the game is missing tounge.gif

mightyox

I just read an interview with Hauser (dunno which) that was linked in another topic, he talked about the DLC and kind of said that in the future (depending upon the response to DLC) they would consider expanding GTA with further episodes that will add more depth to the origional story line, he said for an example (not a word for word quote and he did not say this WAS in DLc only this kind of thing) some guy might come up to you in the street point to his apartment and say something like "my wife is shagging some guy can you help me out" that sort of thing.

Edit: Posted on page two of "Car Wash" topic by GTA_DUDE_69

Ta.

Edited by mightyox

airfonzo

If EA takes over than it is a likely possibility

Peter_G
I REally dont see a new GTA for awhile, like i said, THEY WANT IV to last with all the details it has + the story + exploring + multiplayer...ITS GIGANTIC in every possible way

but you said 2014.. Thats pretty rediculous as people would be expecting the next gen console to be out a few years after that, and if GTA are going by their LC, VC, SA pattern they will need to fit in 2 more games before then. I'm not saying they will rush them but they will definitely start work on the next game once GTA 4 is released.

gruppe_sechs

With GTA3 to Gta VC it was not new to them so it didn't take long time for gta vc did come out, with gta 4 to gta5 it wont take so long either i think if they still use the rage engine  blush.gif

gta3 was new to rockstar- infact it was a bigger leap from gta2/gta3 than it is for gta:sa/gta4.

Actually sam houser said that The leap from gta sa to GTA 4 is a bigger leap than it was from gta 2 to gta 3.

Vincenzo_NL
The next GTA I See wont be out till 2014 or later, They(Rockstar) said they WANT GTA IV to last for a long time, i dont blame em,(Theres tons of detail in GTA IV ) they worked there butts off to make the game you see now...Just Dont expect the next GTA anytime soon....Now after April 29, 2008, Everyone who worked on IV deserves a nice long break...

Oh? I never heard a brain surgeon go: "Right, saved a life today, let's take a couple'a weeks off."

GTA saves lives (from boredom?) ;]

Rockstar*Ren
I just read an interview with Hauser (dunno which) that was linked in another topic, he talked about the DLC and kind of said that in the future (depending upon the response to DLC) they would consider expanding GTA with further episodes that will add more depth to the origional story line, he said for an example (not a word for word quote and he did not say this WAS in DLc only this kind of thing) some guy might come up to you in the street point to his apartment and say something like "my wife is shagging some guy can you help me out" that sort of thing.

Edit: Posted on page two of "Car Wash" topic by GTA_DUDE_69

Ta.

Yea I read that too, I kind of like the idea but the only thing that would bother me a bit would be the fact that you'd have to stay as Niko...or would you?!

wouldn't be so bad if he's as cool as he looks