After the final trailer

killingyouguy

killingyouguy

Hey, I was wondering if you guys think after the final trailer airs on thursday if we'll see official info coming out thick & fast. I mean we only have about 4.5/5 weeks left 'til the game comes out and they still have 14 radio stations to unveil, soundtrack details, multiplayer details, and whatever other little trailers, pics, flash sites & whatever else they want to put up on the official site. With the radio stations alone they'd have to start unveiling them at a rate of about 3 a week.

So do you think everything will start to step up a notch next week?

Deuce Deuce

Probably. That said, Rockstar didn't actually say they'd reveal everything prior to its release; more of it could come after April 29th.

TPT Noodles

also they said that they have only released 33% of all detail last time i herd anyway so i cant wait for the rest tounge.gif

They'll probably step up the amount of media they release a bit (since it'll be the final month before release), but I doubt they'll show us everything.

RageOfTheJester

the most likley thing to happen is that there will be more screenshots and multiplayer details released along with more radio station reveals. also, expect that the gaming media will be brought in for another hands on session as well. so we will be neck deep on hands on write ups once again (which i look very much forward to). also, considering the scope of the game, all the gaming media outlets will most likley be getting their review builds of the game. they will have to have them far enough in advance if the game truly will last 100 hours.

we can expect a lot more claimed leaks (which for all we know could end up being acutal leaks once those review builds go out) and we should expect to see at least some gameplay footage including the HUD to display actual game mechanics.

im sure that all the pod casts and blogs will be letting slip that they are currently playing it for review purposes and its awesome etc etc...

Final trailer is on Thursday (27th) right?

Yep. "Good Lord, What Are You Doing?" aka "Everyone's a Rat".

RageOfTheJester

and you know, ALL DAY LONG people will be making stupid threads like "why isnt it out yet?!?!?!slitwrists!?!??!?!"

i have to work all day on thursday so ill watch it when i get home at night. so thankfully i wont have to wade through all that crap. unless of course when i get home at 930est it still isnt posted...

killingyouguy

I can't see them holding back any of the site content 'til after release, what's the point? They have no reason to. Pretty much everyone who would visit the site will be playing the game by then, they'll know the stations, they'll be able to see, hear & play it all themselves. There will be very little interest in what is posted on the site after release. The only thing I can think of that would be of interest is the sountrack releases. Besides that pretty much everything else will become common knowledge upon the game's release (and a lot before hand from reviews, leaks, etc.) Better for them to get it out beforehand and through the official site. No, I expect we'll either get it in weekly updates or bi-weekly with one large dump somewhere along the line.

playerhater

anyone have any clue to the content that will be shown in the new trailer or its length?

killingyouguy
PROB JUST GO DEAD UNTILL APRIL

HOPE NOT THOUGH

I don't mean within days of the final trailer, I mean probably starting next week. April is next week. We might even get twice-weekly updates then. lol.gif

Hopefully, they won't tell us ANYTHING else. Is it just me or does it seem like everyone wants to know everything BEFORE they even lay hands on the game???

hawkstorm182

I think if anything the media they release and the frequency they release stuff will slow down. We have been given a ton of new information over the past month or so, an official site, videos, radio stations, multi player details, bags of previews, interviews, and now another trailer things will begin to slow down for the release then pick up just before the games release with TV ADS etc. Remember they do not have to reveal all the radio stations or soundtrack details before release.

If only it was possible to freeze people. April 29th could be tomorrow.

I think I will stop visiting gta related sites after watching the 4th trailer.

I already have the feeling that I know too much.

If only it was possible to freeze people. April 29th could be tomorrow.

It is possible to freeze people. Just...not possible to safely unfreeze them yet. smile.gif

user posted image

I dont know about a "flood" but there will be a bunch of stuff going on with website. The rest of the radio stations and multiplayer stuff (along with the usual screens and little videos) is a lot to put up if they stick to their once every 2 weeks schedule.

killingyouguy

I think if anything the media they release and the frequency they release stuff will slow down. We have been given a ton of new information over the past month or so, an official site, videos, radio stations, multi player details, bags of previews, interviews, and now another trailer things will begin to slow down for the release then pick up just before the games release with TV ADS etc. Remember they do not have to reveal all the radio stations or soundtrack details before release.

Why not release that info about the radio stations? Once the game is out, or even beforehand, info about them will be released from unofficial channels (like people playing the bloody game). Who will care about the radio stations then? It is only useful info before the game's release.

Edited by killingyouguy

killingyouguy
I dont know about a "flood" but there will be a bunch of stuff going on with website. The rest of the radio stations and multiplayer stuff (along with the usual screens and little videos) is a lot to put up if they stick to their once every 2 weeks schedule.

Exactly.

dentist guba

i am expecting/ hoping for a similar run up to release as the other games. with SA they began showing short videos and a map a bit before release.

i am expecting/ hoping for a similar run up to release as the other games. with SA they began showing short videos and a map a bit before release.

they have been doing that for GTA4 for awhile now orly.gif

killingyouguy

Personally I could do with a little less of the character vids (I do enjoy them but I fear any more and I might feel a little spoiled). But I would like vids like the Wizz, LCPD, Dillatante ones. I don't think they really spoil the game for me. And I'm really interested to see & sample the radio stations, they're one of my favourite aspects of GTA games.

dentist guba

they have been doing that for GTA4 for awhile now orly.gif

i meant the proper gameplay vids and some more detail on the map.

Personally I could do with a little less of the character vids (I do enjoy them but I fear any more and I might feel a little spoiled). But I would like vids like the Wizz, LCPD, Dillatante ones. I don't think they really spoil the game for me. And I'm really interested to see & sample the radio stations, they're one of my favourite aspects of GTA games.

Exactly how I feel about it. I don't want to see all the characters and know all the features and have a really good idea about what the plot is like in any detail, but the mini vids; adverts and little snippets of radio stations are awesome. IF99 is going to be mint, can't get enough of that funky stuff, plus a D.I.S.C.O. station couldn't ask for more (xcept maybe some DnB), anyway back on topic; I think they might start updating a bit more because if they stick to two weekly thats only like two more updates at most after Thursday. I reckon there could be a bit more info to come, but personally I don't need it, the game will do just fine thanks.

hawkstorm182

Why not release that info about the radio stations? Once the game is out, or even beforehand, info about them will be released from unofficial channels (like people playing the bloody game). Who will care about the radio stations then? It is only useful info before the game's release.

Everything that is put n the official GTAIV site is not suposed to be a secret, the site will not be complete in terms of content until after the games release, why would they not just finish the radio station page after release it makes no difference, that's like ayng why have TV ads after the game has been eleased as everyone has alrady played it. It is posible for them to relese content after release you know it does not just stop dead, that's it games out no need to do anything with the site now.

killingyouguy

Everything that is put n the official GTAIV site is not suposed to be a secret, the site will not be complete in terms of content until after the games release, why would they not just finish the radio station page after release it makes no difference, that's like ayng why have TV ads after the game has been eleased as everyone has alrady played it. It is posible for them to relese content after release you know it does not just stop dead, that's it games out no need to do anything with the site now.

But by then everyone can get that info, possibly better & more detailed, from other sources. Why is someone, after the game is out, going to sit around waiting for R* to update the offical site's info when they can find it somewhere else. At the moment they're the best source of info but by then they won't be. R* might as well put everything they want up by the games release, it serves no purpose releasing it aferwards. It's nothing like advertisements.

hawkstorm182

But by then everyone can get that info, possibly better & more detailed, from other sources. Why is someone, after the game is out, going to sit around waiting for R* to update the offical site's info when they can find it somewhere else. At the moment they're the best source of info but by then they won't be. R* might as well put everything they want up by the games release, it serves no purpose releasing it aferwards. It's nothing like advertisements.

Because some people still will not stray from the official site. Sites always update just to keep it official, Rockstar will always have the upper hand on other sites. look at the vice city site, it's great the flash version anyway. They updated that after release to confirm weapons, radio stations and vehicles, even though it was already known. I am not saying it's good that they will not reveal all info but it''s just the way websites tend to work/

I ont what to know everythin i want to play and find out for myself, its the best way. biggrin.gif