Mission Coding Led By

ceedj

Hi. Could we get a led-by in Mission Coding that, well, shows up and posts more than twice a year? Nothing against Y_less (I like him a great deal), or any of the other guys, but maybe we could have someone with mod powers in Mission Coding that, you know, POSTS in Mission Coding?

The forum isn't full of spam and is relativley small compared to a lot of others. As long as everything is running smoothly and there are a selection of helpful members willing to offer support is it really a big deal which members have the power to close a topic or not?

The forum IS becoming full of spam now, thanks to the brilliant move of closing the R& R forum.

And I didn't say anything about closing topics. It would be nice to see led-bys doing something other than having their name show up under the forum description. Otherwise, what's the point of having a led-by in the first place?

I don't think spam's that much of an issue at the moment, but you should at least remove all the inactive Led-Bys from the Led-By list.

MC is currently led by 8 led-bys.

Searching for the date of the last post the respective members made in MC yields interesting results:

illspirit - is Super Administrator anyway, can be removed from the list

Spooky - Nov 28 2005 according to the Search feature

uzer_errors - Search couldn't find a single post in MC

JernejL - Aug 2 2007

Y_Less - Mar 15 2008

"Modding Staff":

Gangsta Killa: Aug 20 2007

Snow Racer: none

TwoZero: Jun 15 2005

The results are telling IMO.

I'd rather see people who are really active in their respective fields of knowledge being promoted. This would remove the need for a "topic mover" like Gangsta Killa, too and would've prevented petty arguments.

What's up with the Modding Staff group anyway? Doesn't really serve much purpose either, does it?

Edited by SteaVor

I'd rather see people who are really active in their respective fields of knowledge being promoted. This would remove the need for a "topic mover" like Gangsta Killa, too

Agreed. I nominate you. smile.gif

Seconds?

There are just three members who are both regular posters there AND NOT newbies in the field of mission coding:

ceedj, ZAZ and (to a lesser extent because he didn't post much recently) Seemann

And they have Mission Coding listed as the forum they're most active in. cool.gif

However, first of all I'd like to know if your suggestion is even considered at the moment.

@mods:

Is there any serious discussion going on behind the scenes regarding this matter?

@mods:

Is there any serious discussion going on behind the scenes regarding this matter?

I've raised it.

For what it's worth I think you're both very solid members and we couldn't go wrong promoting either or both of you to become the Area Mod(s) there. However the decision isn't up to me, but the Super Administrators.

Stay tuned.

I think ceedj is asking more for a Led By than a Moderator here. In that case, though, lead! Lead lead lead! By example. Don't rely on a title; teach. I'm begging you; make coding for GTA learnable tounge.gif

And you guys are awesome members.

Edited by derty

LUCK FOR A BUCK!!!!! f*ck Yea!

GTAF's Most Annoying Unbanned Member.

user posted image

bai. -jllr

I think ceedj is asking more for a Led By than a Moderator here. In that case, though, lead! Lead lead lead! By example. Don't rely on a title; teach. I'm begging you; make coding for GTA learnable tounge.gif

Yeah, I know. "Area Mod" is the new buzz word replacing "Led By", since the latter is awful.

I wasn't at all suggesting a promotion to Global Moderator for either. tounge.gif

Thanks for bringing it up, Justin.

[...]but the Super Administrators

The group ""Super Administrators" doesn't exist anymore, does it? Two Days ago illspirit's profile said "Super Administrator", now he's "Administrator", as is Tank.

[...]but the Super Administrators

The group ""Super Administrators" doesn't exist anymore, does it? Two Days ago illspirit's profile said "Super Administrator", now he's "Administrator", as is Tank.

Right again. We removed "Super" since the staff mutually agreed that those guys in yellow aren't so great. tounge.gif

I'm not sure whether the group name was changed almost immediately after I posted, or whether I forgot and just used the "old" name.

I had noticed it yesterday (before you posted), but decided it didn't warrant a new topic in Network Support. tounge.gif

Whoa, I almost put words into your mouth there Justin tounge.gif I was just agreeing that Ceedj and SteaVor were great members who usually help out quite a lot.

However, my opinion still remains! Don't seek a title, guys! Be a leader! Teach! Set an example. smile.gif

And for christ's sake teach me to code moto_whistle.gif

user posted image

bai. -jllr

If that topic doesn't help you getting a better idea of mission coding I don't know what could.

Subscribed, Cheers. Next time I feel alive, and got the urge to learn some coding, I'll give it another shot smile.gif

I'll stop begging coding help in the Need A Mission Coding Leader topic now blush.gif

user posted image

bai. -jllr

Spider-Vice

I know it's off topic but I have a question: What is the R& R forums?

image.png

GTANet | Red Dead Network | 🌲

black lives matter | stop Asian hate | trans lives = human lives

the beginning is moments ago, the end is moments away 

AndyGanteks
I know it's off topic but I have a question: What is the R& R forums?

The Recruits&Requests in the GTAModding section.

A subforum that was closed a few days ago because nobody really filled anyone's requests in the past few months,so it got abusive and wortheless.

The message to the people was : Read the Guides and Learn.

This is also off-topic but I wondered how staff would feel on making a new board in the Editing Discussion purely for reverse-engineering and other coding of GTA (other coding meaning coding not in SCM). I think it would have quite a good following due to the large number of posts in both the SA/VC Memory Addresses topics.

I spend a lot of time on Editing Discussion and I have to agree; I wonder why,for instance, DexX's mod is in the Tools section. Seeing as how it is a rendering pipeline re-write, there's really no other place, and I'm sure we can all agree that this is not really a "tool". But still, it fits there more than anywhere else. Misc? ENB series is in the misc section of the showroom; but that is in showroom status... Sacky's idea is a good one imo, and I see it as a good step toward the expansion of what our beloved RWGTA's can do, rather than the usual changes to the standard offering.

However, I am also of mind that I cannot believe we're still using KAMS and nothing better has come along yet sarcasm.gif

I love Kam, he trusted me with his first SA exporter before release, but he hasn't improved the scripts (he has had a rough time IRL last I heard). I'd like to see some new stuff there.

While I think the limit adjuster is awesome, and some of the other hacks are cool, I wish the folks who knew how to do this stuff would spend more time making better tools than what we have now. Many agree, none of us say anything though. We all appreciate what we have enough, and of course, also appreciate the work of you guys who are expanding SA.

Those are my two cents I think, I am anticipating the new GTASDK, I have high hopes for it.

user posted image

bai. -jllr

While I think the limit adjuster is awesome, and some of the other hacks are cool, I wish the folks who knew how to do this stuff would spend more time making better tools than what we have now. Many agree, none of us say anything though. We all appreciate what we have enough, and of course, also appreciate the work of you guys who are expanding SA.

I like you a lot Derty, but that is one of the most ridiculously selfish things I've ever seen you post.

Maybe some of us don't know HOW to make the tools "better", and we should ALL be happy we have ANYTHING to mod with at all. There are THOUSANDS of games out there that don't have ANY support.

I really don't think you posted that with malice or bad intent, but it's still a f*cked up thing to say. And it doesn't really have anything to do with the original topic, or the sub-topic question of a second area (which I agree with BTW, I like Sacky's idea here).

I was saying how much I appreciate the tools and being able to be a part of the things you guys do. I was actually trying to be careful to not make you think I meant it in the exact way your reaction implies. Sorry blush.gif But at least you provided the bridge to be more clear smile.gif There's only one other way to take it now, I guess. This is pure and real development; we weren't handed anything. The tools that exist were from hard work and true passion for what one does, and for this particular hobby, and a very particular game, being GTA, for most. I hope that clears it up.

There was nothing selfish about what I said, cheers. derty is spelled with a little D suicidal.gif

user posted image

bai. -jllr