BAD coincidence!

ROCKSTARmentality

gtathebest4ever
So, i was picking up a friend from college, and on the way there I got a 250 dollor speeding ticket... and when is the court date?? April 29th...

...f*ck...

It was a B.S. ticket, and I could probably get it reduced greatly, but the place is about 3 hours away, both ways, so a 6 hour trip, not to mention how long the court trial will last.

basically, my april 29th would be WASTED

But the court date isnt manditory, and I could just pay the money even though the ticket was B.S.

What do you think I should do??

I NEED advice... so i came to you guys...

that's some bad luck for you... but you're living the gta life smile.gif

AKalashnikov

Go to court on principal. If the ticket was a load of bullsh*t you should fight it. The cops or whoever gave it to you shouldn't be able to steal a working class person's money like that for a bullsh*t reason.

Tonay_Montana

So, i was picking up a friend from college, and on the way there I got a 250 dollor speeding ticket... and when is the court date?? April 29th...

...f*ck...

It was a B.S. ticket, and I could probably get it reduced greatly, but the place is about 3 hours away, both ways, so a 6 hour trip, not to mention how long the court trial will last.

But the court date isnt manditory, and I could just pay the money even though the ticket was B.S.

I would definetly say, with 100% confidence, that u should drive and take care of it. Ur real life is more important mate, keep the money that is rightfully yours. You can play GTA when u get back and release some anger at the cops that wrote u the ticket!

Just do it mate, the game comes out on the 28th anyway so u will have a day to play it, then go take care of ur ticket, and enjoy GTA and remember to be more careful next time! Edit: ok maybe GTA comes out on the 29th my bad sad.gif

good luck

Edited by Tonay_Montana

Star-Destroyer

well.. If you havent pre-ordered it and you are were planning to buy the game that day you can forget it. Its most likely going to be sold out or something so your going to have to wait anyways

andylovesGTA

just don't go to court on 29th. what they'll do?

I never show up when I mess up.

user posted image

Instead of paying the fine, get your car repainted. The cops won't recognize you. Or, look behind buildings in your neighborhood for a star floating in midair and run through it. The cops will forget about your ticket.

Considering where you're asking for advice, I can't believe no one has suggested this yet.

Just pay the money and/or reschedule the court appearance.

"Oh and what is the reason behind the reschelduling?"

"GTA4 Motherf*cker!"

I can see it working! biggrin.gif

How about saying that since it is a 3 hour drive it would be too inconvenient for that day, and you could do it anther day when you have the time to travel.

I sympathise if you truly were in the right, but if you were speeding then it serves you right.

As for actual advise, what do you think is more important, $250 or GTA. I would rather go to court and get the money reduced and just play the game later. Missing out on a few hours of a game is not worth that kind of money. I mean FFS IT IS ONLY A GAME

nickwuzheer
Why dont you pick up the game on the way to court, that way at the traffic light you can read the manual

with all respect, i thought that he came to us for help becuase he wanted to play it on the 29th of april. not to read the manual on the way to court. so i find what you said kind of un-helpful ( not sure if thats a word confused.gif ) also if i was in his position, reading the manual will only make it worse becuase when i buy a new game, i read the manual to get ready for the game, not to quench my thirst for it.

I would figure this a bit differently.If it is a 6 hour roundtrip to the court the gas you burn may cost a bit.You will most likely get it reduced if you show but it is not guaranteed.Will getting a speeding ticket reduced really change your insurance rates much?I will be driving with caution from now on , no more drunken races in the streets for me.

da grove street `G`
Just pay the money and/or reschedule the court appearance.

"Oh and what is the reason behind the reschelduling?"

"GTA4 Motherf*cker!"

I can see it working! biggrin.gif

Thank you!

Or you put a religious holiday as the reason.

GTA is better then holy days, i would crucify jesus no offence believers to play GTAIV before all you guys. Jesus would be happy with my actions aswell purely because i sacrificed something insignificant with GTAIV

</NOOBPOST>

i hate you 08ers sad.gif

eRa Games

Electronic Rockstar Arts

Brought to you by EA + Rockstar

sean ireland
look behind buildings in your neighborhood for a star floating in midair and run through it. The cops will forget about your ticket.

thats a good one

GTASA_passer

dont drink and drive, smoke weed and fly

OMG! LMFAO! LOL! ROFL! tounge2.gif

you should start your stand-up comedy show

...f*ck...

Aha, sucks to be you eh? all i can say is, sh*t happens, just make sure you dont do it again when GTA V comes out wink.gif

How exactly was it a B.S. ticket?  B.S. like you can speed if you damn well want to or because the officer estimated your speed without clocking you?

The officer used the speed gun, and tracked me going 87, first off, I had just looked at my speedometer, i was going 80 (that would make a huge difference in the ticket amount)

SECOND: there was a car in front of me the WHOLE TIME, and when the cop first approached me, he said 'you car looked white from that far away'

... the car in front of me was white...

PLUS: on the ticket it said he tracked me from 1500 feet away.... 1300

FT. is the MAX. that the laser speed guns are acurate from...

Uh, yeah, if you take all of this information to court, you could get a huge amount taken off from that fine.

Sucks, you wouldn't be able to play GTA IV, but at least you'd save some money.

However, if money is no object for you, then I would just pay it, haha.

Drive more carefully.

aren't you a funny one? how about you stick your sarcasim up your arse hole and get raped.

Nobody was being sarcastic, he needs to be more careful. But as someone that spells 'sarcasm' with with an i', I wouldn't expect you to know that.