BAD coincidence!

ROCKSTARmentality

ROCKSTARmentality
That sucks, plus you gotta pay for the gas money to get there. So it ends up being even more, and just because you show up doesn't mean it's going to get reduced. Unfortunately they're always going to believe them over you, no matter what. I'd just pay the ticket and be able to enjoy that day to play GTAIV or do something else. If you go, I'd think about it as paying $250, Paying for whatever amount of gas youll need which will probably run atleast around $80, then the time it takes you to get there, wait for the trial or whatever to end, then drive back with a days wasted... so it ends up costing you around $330 + 1 day of your time.

On the other hand you can pay nearly 100 dollars less, and still have your entire day to do what you want.

P.S. Even if you did go and get the fine reduced, you'd end up paying for it in gas money anyways so it evens itself out.

Up to you, I'd just pay.

thats what i WANT to do...

I know if you go to the court trial and the officer that gave you the ticket doesn't show up, then you don't have to pay.  My friend had a similar issue and the cop died, so he didn't have to go to court.

Not true. It depends on the state. Some states allows the officers report as evidence/ the prosecutor is allowed to testify on behalf of the officer with his/her report.

You can reschedule... They're pretty lenient. Just make some reasonable reason... like school activities.

I got a ticket for 350 dollars once... granted I was going a 105.

my state has that same rule

Yeah some dude that was ahead of me in court tried to pull that sh*t on the judge and prosecutor... he got his ass handed to him. He was going 85 in 55 and he got charged with reckless driving, had his license suspended, and had to pay $350. Of course he was wearing goth clothes with chains and like ten different facial piercings, and on top of that he felt it was acceptable to give the judge some lip.

I showed up in a suit with my check in hand. Behaved politely and I got off with just the $350 fine for going 105 in a 70. Although I'm fairly certain they thought I was intending to commit suicide... they asked if that was the case at the time I was stopped and in court... I guess in retrospect that makes sense cause going that fast in northern Minnesota during winter is pretty suicidal... and then it was the holidays too, Christmas Eve at 3:30am. I was in all actuality trying to make good on a bet that I could make it from Minneapolis/St. Paul to Duluth (150miles) and back in under 3.5 hours.

Edited by voteneg

Just don't show up to your court date or answer any of their calls. Then bam! You've got a warrant out and you can play GTA for real.

nikoisabadman

So you're old enough to drive so you're at least 17 and you dont wanna go to court because of a game. wtf y dont u just go you've been waitin for years for this game to come out. Is an extra day really gonna matter?

Seriously, go to court. The longer you leave the game the better anyway. You'll enjoy it more. I know I'm not playing mine until 2009 at the earliest.

Seriously, go to court. The longer you leave the game the better anyway. You'll enjoy it more. I know I'm not playing mine until 2009 at the earliest.

suicidal.gif

1) Drive the speed limit.

2) Get a GOOD lawyer

3) Bribe the judge.

4) Call in a bomb threat on the day of your trial. It would probably be postponed or what not.

stevenkb5258

Why are you waiting until 2009 to play it???

Because I'll enjoy it more.

stevenkb5258

Because I'll enjoy it more.

Ok then... confused.gif

MorticianENG

Those guns are unaccurate, so just go there and say you were doing 80. It will either be thrown away or massively reduced.

ROCKSTARmentality
Those guns are unaccurate, so just go there and say you were doing 80. It will either be thrown away or massively reduced.

yeah they are inaccurate... VERY

pay the ticket.. u were wrong.. pay the ticket and drive more carefully.. that's it man.. i know it sucks but if ur wrong, u have to pay.

just go then tounge.gif you gonna pay a little less also you can maybe go then to the gamestore and take gta IV then

nickwuzheer
How exactly was it a B.S. ticket?  B.S. like you can speed if you damn well want to or because the officer estimated your speed without clocking you?

The officer used the speed gun, and tracked me going 87, first off, I had just looked at my speedometer, i was going 80 (that would make a huge difference in the ticket amount)

SECOND: there was a car in front of me the WHOLE TIME, and when the cop first approached me, he said 'you car looked white from that far away'

... the car in front of me was white...

PLUS: on the ticket it said he tracked me from 1500 feet away.... 1300

FT. is the MAX. that the laser speed guns are acurate from...

what you just said you can tell to the judge if you go to court but you know, if you reserved the game(which i am assuming that you did) you dont have to pick it up that exact day. there is a number of things you can do

#1. go to court and tell them that story

#2. pick gta4 up the next day. gamestop holds it for 2 weeks i think. im sure you can wait 1 mere day to play a videogame assuming that you have control over yourself.

#3. or just kill the cop that gave you the ticket in a totally un-related to you accident and then lie your ass off and say you dont know sh*t while playing gta4.

personally, i'd choose #3. i really enjoy killing cops.( in videogames.)( i assume it wont be ANY harder what-so-ever in real life happy.gifdevil.giframpage_ani.gifsly.gif )

ROCKSTARmentality
pay the ticket.. u were wrong.. pay the ticket and drive more carefully.. that's it man.. i know it sucks but if ur wrong, u have to pay.

cuz you were f*cking sitting in the car next to me right??? so you would know... police ARE WRONG sometimes too, they're human, JUST LIKE US

IF the officer really said your car looked white from back there, it will DEFINITELY be on the a recording (All officers MUST record any conversations after pulling over a vehicle). In court ask them to play the tape. That evidence enough will get you off. Get a good lawyer too. COURT IS MORE IMPORTANT THAN A VIDEO GAME. If not... just pay the fine.

I was in a situation similar to yours...if you got money (apparently you do for video games), do what I did: Lawyer up.

First of all, My court date was postponed immediately by the lawyer.

Second, the charge got plead down to a "noisy muffler" (traffic lawyers know what's up!)

Third, I never spent a day in court. Not a day.

Finally, I received no points on my license (I'm in New York...I'm not sure how your state works).

So, for $150 dollars (for the lawyer), and some small crappy fine(for the noisy muffler), I'D DO IT AGAIN IN A HEARTBEAT. Then you can play GTAIV and laugh while your doing 90 down the street in-game.

ROCKSTARmentality
I was in a situation similar to yours...if you got money (apparently you do for video games), do what I did: Lawyer up.

First of all, My court date was postponed immediately by the lawyer.

Second, the charge got plead down to a "noisy muffler" (traffic lawyers know what's up!)

Third, I never spent a day in court. Not a day.

Finally, I received no points on my license (I'm in New York...I'm not sure how your state works).

So, for $150 dollars (for the lawyer), and some small crappy fine(for the noisy muffler), I'D DO IT AGAIN IN A HEARTBEAT. Then you can play GTAIV and laugh while your doing 90 down the street in-game.

great advice, thanks man

Honestly, it ended up being like 210 bucks at the most, and I was going FAST.

Like you, it happened far from my home and would have been one of those 6

hour round trip deals in some town court i'd never been. It was totally worth

it...courts only care about MONEY, and having less people on that days list only

helps them. Look up traffic lawyers in the yellow pages...it's hilarious, there's tons

of 'em. Lawyers only care about MONEY, so one payment for initial consultation

(like 50 bucks) the difference for your win in court that goes to the lawyer (like

100 bucks) and some minor fine (mine was less than 100 for sure can't

remember exactly) and you'll get a call from your lawyer 4 months later

saying, "your going to jail...just kidding!!! noisy muffler...60 bucks"--that was a

quote from my lawyer...his version of humor.

sorry to hear about that dude, but court comes before video games... here's to you getting off scott free. icon14.gif

ROCKSTARmentality
sorry to hear about that dude, but court comes before video games... here's to you getting off scott free. icon14.gif

thanks man!! cheers!

I can't believe I'm one of the first to mention this but I always assumed April 29th meant "shipping date" and the game would actually be IN-stores like April 30th or 31st (and if there is no April 31st you know what I mean)

I ordered from Amazon.com and I honestly don't expect the game to be on my doorstep on the 29th. More like "we ship on 29th and your ass gets it in a couple business days"

Drive more carefully.

aren't you a funny one? how about you stick your sarcasim up your arse hole and get raped.

That's violent. Stop that

Why dont you pick up the game on the way to court, that way at the traffic light you can read the manual