BAD coincidence!

ROCKSTARmentality

ROCKSTARmentality

So, i was picking up a friend from college, and on the way there I got a 250 dollor speeding ticket... and when is the court date?? April 29th...

...f*ck...

It was a B.S. ticket, and I could probably get it reduced greatly, but the place is about 3 hours away, both ways, so a 6 hour trip, not to mention how long the court trial will last.

basically, my april 29th would be WASTED

But the court date isnt manditory, and I could just pay the money even though the ticket was B.S.

What do you think I should do??

I NEED advice... so i came to you guys...

Just pay the money and/or reschedule the court appearance.

ROCKSTARmentality
Drive more carefully.

no sh*t... thats not what i asked smart guy...

stevenkb5258

How exactly was it a B.S. ticket? B.S. like you can speed if you damn well want to or because the officer estimated your speed without clocking you?

special someone

"Oh and what is the reason behind the reschelduling?"

"GTA4 Motherf*cker!"

I can see it working! biggrin.gif

"Oh and what is the reason behind the reschelduling?"

"GTA4 Motherf*cker!"

I can see it working! biggrin.gif

Thank you!

Or you put a religious holiday as the reason.

flyinhawaiian

I know if you go to the court trial and the officer that gave you the ticket doesn't show up, then you don't have to pay. My friend had a similar issue and the cop died, so he didn't have to go to court.

[MenaceMovies]

I really don't get why this is in the GTA IV forum.

If I was you I would pay the price and go to court.

//MenaceMovies

ROCKSTARmentality
How exactly was it a B.S. ticket? B.S. like you can speed if you damn well want to or because the officer estimated your speed without clocking you?

The officer used the speed gun, and tracked me going 87, first off, I had just looked at my speedometer, i was going 80 (that would make a huge difference in the ticket amount)

SECOND: there was a car in front of me the WHOLE TIME, and when the cop first approached me, he said 'you car looked white from that far away'

... the car in front of me was white...

PLUS: on the ticket it said he tracked me from 1500 feet away.... 1300

FT. is the MAX. that the laser speed guns are acurate from...

' date='Mar 22 2008, 21:15'] I really don't get why this is in the GTA IV forum.

If I was you I would pay the price and go to court.

//MenaceMovies

Do you know what date GTA IV comes out?

Don Garcia aka NjNakedSnake

Why even post this? Sympathy? Thought it'd be a cool story?

Yes, if you're speaking the truth, it's a witty coincidence, ha-ha, he-he.

DakoscoPotPie

Just don't pay it. If your in the USA all you have to worry about is getting a warrant issued. Then you just go to court at a later date and take care of the ticket. That will buy you a couple days to play some GTA4.

Or you could just slow your a$$ down and save the speed for the game. anuj_cop.gif

And btw: the Laser max range is not 1300 ft. Its the distance that a Laser travels....this I know.

ROCKSTARmentality

i asked peoples advice.... did you miss that part smart guy??? and obviously its a true story... want me to scan the ticket??

Public Enemy #1

I feel for you, man. I got a ticket about a year ago. Bunch of bullsh*t it was, the cop who pulled me over "clocked" me at 60 mph, when I knew I hadn't even topped 55. In an area where everyone else goes faster, I was the unlucky one. Well anyway, I went to court, and got a $350 ticket reduced to 60 bucks. It was hilarious, even the prosecutor I negotiated with told me that for the area I was pulled over in, I was not speeding, and that he'd seen drivers going faster on that road. (It's a long straightaway with no residences and one factory in the distance) The only catch was that I had to have my exhaust system removed (bummer, it was sexy), but all in all, it saved me a bunch of money. My advice is to man up, go to court on that date, and spend the money you'll save on Doritos. tounge.gif Good luck.

Edit: Cops round here (Connecticut) are assholes. It didn't help that it was the day before Thanksgiving and his fat ass wanted a holiday bonus. Funniest part is they call my house asking for donations. I tell them I'd rather donate to the Fire Department, which I have much more respect for.

Edited by Public Enemy #1

Don Garcia aka NjNakedSnake

i asked peoples advice.... did you miss that part smart guy??? and obviously its a true story... want me to scan the ticket??

Yeah, but the questions is just dumb.

So, you can either man up and pay the damn ticket or miss out on playing a video game for a few hours.....

user posted image

stevenkb5258

IF you really want to challenge it, then I say go ahead. It wont kill you if you miss the day dealing with the speeding ticket because GTA IV will be there when you get back.

ROCKSTARmentality
I feel for you, man. I got a ticket about a year ago. Bunch of bullsh*t it was, the cop who pulled me over "clocked" me at 60 mph, when I knew I hadn't even topped 55. In an area where everyone else goes faster, I was the unlucky one. Well anyway, I went to court, and got a $350 ticket reduced to 60 bucks. It was hilarious, even the prosecutor I negotiated with told me that for the area I was pulled over in, I was not speeding, and that he'd seen drivers going faster on that road. (It's a long straightaway with no residences and one factory in the distance) The only catch was that I had to have my exhaust system removed (bummer, it was sexy), but all in all, it saved me a bunch of money. My advice is to man up, go to court on that date, and spend the money you'll save on Doritos. tounge.gif Good luck.

Edit: Cops round here (Connecticut) are assholes. It didn't help that it was the day before Thanksgiving and his fat ass wanted a holiday bonus. Funniest part is they call my house asking for donations. I tell them I'd rather donate to the Fire Department, which I have much more respect for.

thanks man, it means a lot to get a real response on here, i think that might be what i do. Thanks for the help man.

Just go to court, from the sounds of things you aren't gonna get fined and you're gonna go home happy. You shouldn't pay the ticket just to miss court... GTAIV: $60. Playing it on the same day that you get it: $X

Think about it.

ROCKSTARmentality

Yeah, but the questions is just dumb.

So, you can either man up and pay the damn ticket or miss out on playing a video game for a few hours.....

user posted image

k dude... go to a topic you care about then....

go to court and pimp slap the judge

user posted image

PSN: joe_bevis

どぞよりしく

Knight_Yellow

I pretty sure that if you told them you wanted a court date about a cop making a mistake about your speed postponed... so you can go play a game in which you will likely speed and not only evade cops but also plow over their mangled corpses and general shoot them in the face....

Yeah i dont think that would help.

I would personaly try to get it moved on other grounds, if they dont then id go to the place and kick up hell "6 hour trip for a BA fine" type stuff.

Then just savour the hell out of GTA when you get home from your moral victory!

ROCKSTARmentality
I pretty sure that if you told them you wanted a court date about a cop making a mistake about your speed postponed... so you can go play a game in which you will likely speed and not only evade cops but also plow over their mangled corpses and general shoot them in the face....

Yeah i dont think that would help.

I would personaly try to get it moved on other grounds, if they dont then id go to the place and kick up hell "6 hour trip for a BA fine" type stuff.

Then just savour the hell out of GTA when you get home from your moral victory!

TRUE THAT my friend

I know if you go to the court trial and the officer that gave you the ticket doesn't show up, then you don't have to pay. My friend had a similar issue and the cop died, so he didn't have to go to court.

Not true. It depends on the state. Some states allows the officers report as evidence/ the prosecutor is allowed to testify on behalf of the officer with his/her report.

You can reschedule... They're pretty lenient. Just make some reasonable reason... like school activities.

I got a ticket for 350 dollars once... granted I was going a 105.

ROCKSTARmentality
I know if you go to the court trial and the officer that gave you the ticket doesn't show up, then you don't have to pay.  My friend had a similar issue and the cop died, so he didn't have to go to court.

Not true. It depends on the state. Some states allows the officers report as evidence/ the prosecutor is allowed to testify on behalf of the officer with his/her report.

You can reschedule... They're pretty lenient. Just make some reasonable reason... like school activities.

I got a ticket for 350 dollars once... granted I was going a 105.

my state has that same rule

That sucks, plus you gotta pay for the gas money to get there. So it ends up being even more, and just because you show up doesn't mean it's going to get reduced. Unfortunately they're always going to believe them over you, no matter what. I'd just pay the ticket and be able to enjoy that day to play GTAIV or do something else. If you go, I'd think about it as paying $250, Paying for whatever amount of gas youll need which will probably run atleast around $80, then the time it takes you to get there, wait for the trial or whatever to end, then drive back with a days wasted... so it ends up costing you around $330 + 1 day of your time.

On the other hand you can pay nearly 100 dollars less, and still have your entire day to do what you want.

P.S. Even if you did go and get the fine reduced, you'd end up paying for it in gas money anyways so it evens itself out.

Up to you, I'd just pay.