Niko can never be a "made man" can he?

rubix99

Just wondering on the possibility of Niko becomming "made" by the mob is? I do remember in the movie Goodfellas that it was stated the character Jimmy (play by Robert De Niro) could not be a made guy due to his Irish blood.

Which gives the impression only Italian Americans can be made. However in GTA3....Salvatore did say to "Claude" before the "bomb da base" mission that if he managed to blow up that ship that he "would be a made man, anything he wanted".

But it was also clearly stated earlier in GTA3 by Joey Leone that Claude was not Italian.

Just wondering what the chances of Niko becomming a made man are.

SexyManMMMM

nope not italian. i wish though

niko might be able to get stars from the russian mob though

My Custom GTA: IV box 360-

user posted imageuser posted image

Skins FAIL

I guess you could be made for doing a giant favor...

It's not going to be a Sicilian Mafia only game..Niko will be work for, and against, all different kinds of criminal reorganizations, and i would hate for it to be completly revolved around only one of those groups.

Sorry for saying this, but can someone put me out of my misery and tell me what a "made man" is exactly.

There was a mission on LCS and JD was being a made mad but I've got no clue from there.

Please tell me!

Sorry for saying this, but can someone put me out of my misery and tell me what a "made man" is exactly.

There was a mission on LCS and JD was being a made mad but I've got no clue from there.

Please tell me!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Made_man

Oh, you want to be put out of your misery? All right.

me=> whatsthat.gifsuicidal.gif <=you

alot of people who are not italian/half italian could get made. Look at John Gotti. Perfect example. Was Boss of the strongest/sucessful Mafia organization, Gambino Crime Family

Please tell me!

A "Made Man" is an offically recognized member of any one of the sanctioned Italian Mafia crime "families" or outfits in the Unites States or Italy.

The only reason the Leones told Claude that he would be "made" is because they had planned to kill him. Salvatore was lying to him, basically. You can only be "made" if you are full blooded Italian, or Italian enough that your immediate relatives could be traced back to the Old Country.

user posted image

Please tell me!

No need to be rude.

And thanks for the hardcore example of me and you.

SexyManMMMM

Please tell me!

in the mafia being made is one of the highest points of respect. you become a captain, you earn a crew of your own, and you basically become one of them in "their thing"

bada beep bada boop ya know? wink.gif

My Custom GTA: IV box 360-

user posted imageuser posted image

Skins FAIL

Please tell me!

A "Made Man" is an offically recognized member of any one of the sanctioned Italian Mafia crime "families" or outfits in the Unites States or Italy.

The only reason the Leones told Claude that he would be "made" is because they had planned to kill him. Salvatore was lying to him, basically. You can only be "made" if you are full blooded Italian, or Italian enough that your immediate relatives could be traced back to the Old Country.

You know the theory that Salv didn't really set him up?

Please tell me!

I guess the quote from Goodfellas is the best way to put it.

To become a member of a crew you've got to be one hundred per cent Italian so they can trace all your relatives back to the old country. See, it's the highest honor they can give you. It means you belong to a family and crew. It means that nobody can f*ck around with you. It also means you could f*ck around with anybody just as long as they aren't also a member. It's like a license to steal. It's a license to do anything. As far as Jimmy was concerned with Tommy being made, it was like we were all being made. We would now have one of our own as a member.

alot of people who are not italian/half italian could get made. Look at John Gotti. Perfect example. Was Boss of the strongest/sucessful Mafia organization, Gambino Crime Family

John Gotti was Italian...

user posted image

Please tell me!

No need to be rude.

It was a prime example of sarcasm.

Putting one out of misery - killing, pity, out of.

Southside Dukes Ballas
Just wondering on the possibility of Niko becomming "made" by the mob is? I do remember in the movie Goodfellas that it was stated the character Jimmy (play by Robert De Niro) could not be a made guy due to his Irish blood.

Which gives the impression only Italian Americans can be made. However in GTA3....Salvatore did say to "Claude" before the "bomb da base" mission that if he managed to blow up that ship that he "would be a made man, anything he wanted".

But it was also clearly stated earlier in GTA3 by Joey Leone that Claude was not Italian.

Just wondering what the chances of Niko becomming a made man are.

Now what f*cking sense does that seriously make?

Why would an Eastern European be a made man in an Italian criminal orginization. The only way to be made in Cosa Nostra is to be 100% Italian. You can only go as far as being an associate if your not. Now it's really up to the Don to pick who he makes so really a Don could make a black guy or a Russian guy or any guy if he wanted but would he get alot of slack? Hell yea they may even try to kill him just for changing things up so much.

Now if Niko is Russian he may get his stars to be a Vor if he's Russian but we don't know what he is.

In a game more focused on Russian/Eastern European gangsters and the Russian mafia, why the hell would Niko join the italian mafia?

Please tell me!

No need to be rude.

It was a prime example of sarcasm.

Putting one out of misery - killing, pity, out of.

And there was no need for it.

Let me be sarcastic on something you dont know about, sence maybe.

John A Gotti(John Gotti's son) was not 100% Italian. His mom was Russian and Jewish. But I don't think Niko can be made no matter what. He's not Italian at all.

Not fully. Back in the days, in order to be Made you gotta be 100% Italian. But now adays, they let people independin on what favor they did for the higher ups.

John A Gotti(John Gotti's son) was not 100% Italian. His mom was Russian and Jewish. But I don't think Niko can be made no matter what. He's not Italian at all.

And John Gotti's son isn't "made", either...

Not fully. Back in the days, in order to be Made you gotta be 100% Italian. But now adays, they let people independin on what favor they did for the higher ups.

No they don't..

user posted image

Tonay_Montana

I dont really understand this.

GTA isnt really a mafia style game anyway, niko dont need to belong to sh*t.

And John Gotti's son isn't "made", either...

No they don't..

Yes they do.

No you have to be 100% itialian and be able to prove it. Not that it matters anyways, the italian mafia in the u.s. is made up of has beens. Now 'n days the russian , asian and south american crime families are the major organized crime groups.

No you have to be 100% itialian and be able to prove it. Not that it matters anyways, the italian mafia in the u.s. is made up of has beens. Now 'n days the russian , asian and south american crime families are the major organized crime groups.

Traditionally you have to be 100 %. But when John Gotti was the Head of the Gambino family there was changes made up.

No you have to be 100% itialian and be able to prove it.  Not that it matters anyways,  the italian mafia in the u.s. is made up of has beens. Now 'n days the russian , asian and south american  crime families are the major organized crime groups.

Traditionally you have to be 100 %. But when John Gotti was the Head of the Gambino family there was changes made up.

like i said it doesnt matter, the italian mafia has little or no power in the u.s. anymore.

Anyway, Niko can be a made man if a close friend of his/himself starts a mafia. The only people who could be admitted are Niko and Italians.

THEGOVERNMENTCAN'TSTOPJAKE
No you have to be 100% itialian and be able to prove it.  Not that it matters anyways,  the italian mafia in the u.s. is made up of has beens. Now 'n days the russian , asian and south american  crime families are the major organized crime groups.

like i said it doesnt matter, the italian mafia has little or no power in the u.s. anymore.

If you knew they did, then they wouldn't be very good at their professions, would they? There was a bust made on tons of organized crime leaders, all Italian, made just a few weeks ago, I believe. And in the U.S. I think that's proof enough they're still here somewhat, though not as strong as before.

Though a lot of them did relocate to Canada, since the police rule on organized crime there is a bit more vague as they haven't had to deal with it as much. Mostly bootlegging of Canadian liquor, I think, but whatever.

And on-topic, I don't think Niko's going to officially join anything. He may join a gang or small mob here or there, but eventually he'll probably end up leaving them or killing them for some reason. In the end, as in most Grand Theft Auto games, he'll probably have his own criminal empire, though I think they stated it won't be the same scale as like, Vice City or San Andreas where you own the entire state.

We'll see in about a month, though, don't worry. My advice is to not get excited until the last week of time up to the release, then go ape-sh*t. Much less stressful.

Please tell me!

in the mafia being made is one of the highest points of respect. you become a captain, you earn a crew of your own, and you basically become one of them in "their thing"

bada beep bada boop ya know? wink.gif

No... being made means you become a soldier. You don't get a crew. You just become a normal soldier.

THEN you can become a caporegime and get your own crew, if you're good enough.

Well, from what JD said of Salvatore in Libert City Stories, he doesn't care if there's differnt blood in you. The Sindaccos did, because they were Sicilian. So it could be possible. I couldn't see Niko doing that though...