3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

GTA 4 in India!

MrVirus

Hello Friends,

I am from India, i have been a big follower & a huge Fan of GTA since in turned into 3D...

i also know there are millions of GTA fans across India

Has there been any news or info about GTA 4 release in India?...usually games from R* gets a late release here in India.

I have also heard that Microsoft India is planning for a big GTA release ???

GTA game lovers from India can discuss there plans about GTA 4 in this thread...

GTA has a World Wide release on the 29th of April 2008.

It's not like the other GTA releases, that came out a few days later for other countries.

Rockstar said the 29th of April is a WORLDWIDE release date

LOCK

Yeah i know it is a worldwide release but i dont understand why here in india most of the time the games are not availabe on the rlease date

i did enquire with a game shop here in bangalore, he says he has no idea

LOCK

Why Lock.... this is thread is for gamers from india...whats wrong in it

Ok this may be hard for you but India is always left behind because Bush wants it

bush looking for that special someone barf8bd.gif

LOCK

Use the Edit button at the top right of your post, rather than double posting.

If you don't get games on a worldwide release, I'm not sure if you would get it on the day then.

LOCK

There aren't many Indian gamers on this website. Infact, I've seen only two; there's you and then there's grishb... I think that's pretty much it. Being an Indian wouldn't harm you to discuss the game with members of every country, rather than creating a thread made specifically for Indian gamers.

To answer your question, I'm not sure why they send the games a little later than other countries. Must be some kind of piracy issue maybe? suicidal.gif

Hey Mr. Virus. GTA IV will be coming to India; only it will be available in May, courtesy of local distributor e-xpress Interactive.

I searched some websites and found that countries like India do get games a few days later and not more than a month. What they do is import the games from neighboring contries (like Japan, etc.) and pirate them. Each pirated 360 game costs about $2.5 compared to the average $60 price tag for each game for both the consoles. So that's 24 pirated 360 games for the price of one original game, and it even delivers almost-exactly the same performace/visuals as the original CD. wow.gif

Edited by stingray132

hey dude im from india too.I have pre ordered gta 4 frm play asia.it will reach bangalore on 1st or 2nd may.

I searched some websites and found that countries like India do get games a few days later and not more than a month. What they do is import the games from neighboring contries (like Japan, etc.) and pirate them. Each pirated 360 game costs about $2.5 compared to the average $60 price tag for each game for both the consoles. So that's 24 pirated 360 games for the price of one original game, and it even delivers almost-exactly the same performace/visuals as the original CD. wow.gif

Dude that's the biggest load of BS I've heard in a while. EA, Sony, Valve, Take 2 and all other major devs/publishers sell their games officially in India through local distributors for around 62$. But yeah, piracy is rampant here as well.

I DON'T BELIEVE THIS!!!!!!!

since Indians started buying original stuff?!!!!

I would expect them to buy a pirated version(which I strongly oppose)

Its best with PC games where one just makes multiple copies of a game.(which I again, strongly oppose)

I am not buying GTA IV untill and unless it comes out for PC.

simple, I know alot(and I mean alot) of guys who follow the GTA series and almost all buy a pirated version.

There aren't many Indian gamers on this website. Infact, I've seen only two; there's you and then there's grishb... I think that's pretty much it.

try to keep your eyes open you'll spot us.

Edited by dxk

Dude that's the biggest load of BS I've heard in a while. EA, Sony, Valve, Take 2 and all other major devs/publishers sell their games officially in India through local distributors for around 62$. But yeah, piracy is rampant here as well.

360 game costs about $2.5.

I think for EA game is still very expensive.they f*cking sell sh&t.

Most people I know actually buy their games even though pirating it would be a lot simpler (and not to mention cheaper). So it's not fair to judge an entire country based on the people you know.

360 game costs about $2.5.

I think for EA game is still very expensive.they f*cking sell sh&t.

EA actually sell their games for around 50$ here (new ones like Army of Two included). Ubisoft games are a lot more expensive ranging from 65$ - 75$

@nashb81: What I meant was that the pirated CDs are sold alongside the original ones. The problem is that when a game has not been officially released in a certain country (say, India), it costs way more than it costs in those countries where it has been officially released. So the best method is to pirate it, while still selling the original version, depending on which one the consumer wants. Anywho, I won't argue more on this subject, 'cause you live in India, so you obviously know more. This is just what I've read.

@nashb81: What I meant was that the pirated CDs are sold alongside the original ones. The problem is that when a game has not been officially released in a certain country (say, India), it costs way more than it costs in those countries where it has been officially released. So the best method is to pirate it, while still selling the original version, depending on which one the consumer wants. Anywho, I won't argue more on this subject, 'cause you live in India, so you obviously know more. This is just what I've read.

you have the idea correct.

No harm done dude; I'm just clearing some stuff up for ya. For starters pirated games are not sold alongside Original ones. Whole original ones are sold at various legit shops/malls, the pirated ones are available either on the road or in a seedy area (the grey market as we like to call it here) that deals wholly in pirated stuff.

And certain games (especially Ubisoft titles) may not be distributed here but they are sold in the legit shops/malls at a higher price so yeah you were right about that part. Gaming is catching on in India at a fast enough pace so hopefully Ubi and other publishers like Midway will enter this market soon enough.

• 6 months later...
BiggusSiddus

Me too frm India,Nov 18th is the Release date for Gta IV for PC but in India it's gonna be atleast an year late. sneaky2.gif

Me too frm India,Nov 18th is the Release date for Gta IV for PC but in India it's gonna be atleast an year late. sneaky2.gif

5 month old topic?? Whats wrong with ya? confused.gif

• 4 weeks later...

happy.gifsigh.gifsarcasm.gifnotify.gifnervous.gifsly.gifsneaky2.giftounge2.giftounge.giftounge.gifangry.gifsad.gifalien.gifbiggrin.gifsmile.gifbored.gifdevil.gifdontgetit.gif

HEY WHERE YOU ARE NOW.GTA 4 FOR PC IS RELEASED IN INDIA AT 21 OF OUCTOBER.

PRICE OF ORIGINAL CD IS 4599 RUPEES.

BUT PIRETED CD IS 100 RUPEES. tounge2.gif