Cheats will not disable achievements

Skippy Magoo

they are using developer codes, they can do whatever they want. And yes cheats will disable achievements for the final version that consumers play

Skippy Magoo

oh my bad.

is there any offical word on cheats disabling achievements.

cheats have always been a huge aspect to gta games so i cant see it disabling the achievements.

oh my bad.

is there any offical word on cheats disabling achievements.

cheats have always been a huge aspect to gta games so i cant see it disabling the achievements.

There is not point to achievements if you can cheat, and it was in some previews somewhere

Rambone2007

There hasn't been any info on whether or not cheats will disable achievements (to the best of my knowledge). Even though I don't use cheats much, I think it would be cool if R* gave us the freedom to use cheats with impunity.

The only game I think of that doesn't disable acheivements is The Orange Box.

Of course cheats would disable achievments, the whole point of an achievment is to use your skill to achieve it.

I don't think there are any games which allow you to use cheats to get the achievments, what makes you think GTA will differ?

Also, there hasn't been any evidence of it because its so f*cking obvious.

Skippy Magoo

um orange box doesnt disable.

all 2k games as well.

and EA.

The Orange box doesn't have cheats. If it does then I just suckered myself out for playing the full game without cheats.

Azzerwazzer

all 2k games as well.

and EA.

angry.gif NEVER! mension that satanist company here again!!

sigh.gif I'm kidding.

yes, orange box still gives you acheivments with cheats enabled. I don't know of any others that do this but i don't like the idea of acheivements using cheats. i kinda demeins the whole poin in them confused.gif

Skippy Magoo

all 2k games as well.

and EA.

sigh.gif I'm kidding.

yes, orange box still gives you acheivments with cheats enabled. I don't know of any others that do this but i don't like the idea of acheivements using cheats. i kinda demeins the whole poin in them confused.gif

i agree, but if i am stuck on a certain mission i would like to have to choice to use a cheat and still unlock an achievement.

You've misunderstood the article. The rep didn't put a cheat in, not in the conventional sense, he just typed some code into the debugged 360 and *ding*... weapons.

Cheats will disable achivements like in all other 360 games.

Azzerwazzer

all 2k games as well.

and EA.

sigh.gif I'm kidding.

i agree, but if i am stuck on a certain mission i would like to have to choice to use a cheat and still unlock an achievement.

it would be nice... but you still see it's like running an olympic race on steroids and getting a gold medal yeah?

it would be awesome for R* to say, make a section of cheats disable achievements (unlimited health, infinate ammo ect) where as the others (funny costume, and pointless random cheats) don't make a difference.

Edited by Azzerwazzer

gruppe_sechs
Of course cheats would disable achievments, the whole point of an achievment is to use your skill to achieve it.

I don't think there are any games which allow you to use cheats to get the achievments, what makes you think GTA will differ?

Also, there hasn't been any evidence of it because its so f*cking obvious.

I agree 100%

RageOfTheJester

i could care less about the achievements. GTA games are more fun with ALL THE GUNZ!!!!!

also, in the first GRAW game cheats didnt disable achievments