Take-Two Directors Building Defense Against EA

Jordan

This is an exclusive. It hasn't been posted anywhere else yet other than PlanetGTA.

--------------------------------------

Six men on the Take-Two Interactive Software board of directors have acquired more shares today in what looks to be a tactic to strengthen their defense against the ongoing hostile takeover that is being attempted by Electronic Arts. With EA attempting to buy stock directly from shareholders in order to gain control of the company, this new move by Take-Two may prove worthwhile in the future.

Michael Sheresky, Michael Dornemann, Jon J. Moses, Grover C. Brown, Robert A. Bowman and John F. Levy are the six men that have upped their shares today equally, each of them adding 1623. After adding the new shares, Sheresky holds 9855, Dornemann holds 9855, Moses holds 10741, Brown holds 15955, Levy holds 15855 and Bowman holds 9855.

user posted image

(Take-Two's 2nd Floor Office at 575 Broadway in NYC)

It is not yet publicly known just how much progress Electronic Arts has made. There are no public records out that show which, if any, shareholders have sold their stock to EA. It is clear that EA wants to make money from sales of Grand Theft Auto IV, so they are attempting to move fast before the late April release. They also want rights to publish the franchise. They want the cash. I wouldn't be suprised when, if EA ends up winning this battle, we see Grand Theft Auto: Tricked Out Street Edition Underground 4 sometime around the year 2010. We will keep you updated on this story.

For more: http://planetgrandtheftauto.gamespy.com/fu...y.php?id=149338

This is an exclusive. It hasn't been posted anywhere else yet other than PlanetGTA.

Six men on the Take-Two Interactive Software board of directors have acquired more shares today in what looks to be a tactic to strengthen their defense against the ongoing hostile takeover that is being attempted by Electronic Arts. With EA attempting to buy stock directly from shareholders in order to gain control of the company, this new move by Take-Two may prove worthwhile in the future.

Michael Sheresky, Michael Dornemann, Jon J. Moses, Grover C. Brown, Robert A. Bowman and John F. Levy are the six men that have upped their shares today equally, each of them adding 1623. After adding the new shares, Sheresky holds 9855, Dornemann holds 9855, Moses holds 10741, Brown holds 15955, Levy holds 15855 and Bowman holds 9855.

user posted image

(Take-Two's 2nd Floor Office at 575 Broadway in NYC)

It is not yet publicly known just how much progress Electronic Arts has made. There are no public records out that show which, if any, shareholders have sold their stock to EA. It is clear that EA wants to make money from sales of Grand Theft Auto IV, so they are attempting to move fast before the late April release. They also want rights to publish the franchise. They want the cash. I wouldn't be suprised when, if EA ends up winning this battle, we see Grand Theft Auto: Tricked Out Street Edition Underground 4 sometime around the year 2010. We will keep you updated on this story.

For more: http://planetgrandtheftauto.gamespy.com/fu...y.php?id=149338

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!! cryani.gif Don't let it happen, not for GTA.

PistolwhipU

Keep up the good fight T2!I wish i was insanely rich so i could offer more to the shareholders then just give them back to keep them away from EA.

Thanks for the Info Jordon! I think within the 2 or 3 days Take Two will respond to Ea take over Bid.

I hate ea games to be honest but I wouldnt care as long as they let the rockstar boys do what they want.

Now that Jordan you have said that we might see some spinoff GTA Underground Frestyle stuff rolleyes.gif EA are beginning to worry me... nervous.gif

Man I hope they dont get ownsership of T2 until after the 29th so they don't get their hands on any of the cash it generates.

I didn't know they wanted publishing rights too I would hate to see an EA logo on the front of GTAIV. Cant Rockstar just buy the IP back from T2 then do a runner. sigh.gif

MysteryGamer

E.A. are really pissing me off I just hope they do not get their hands on Grand Theft Auto IV before it releases. I mean they said originally they would let Grand Theft Auto IV release before they would discuss buying out Take Two but they lied angry.gif

I bet IF E.A. does acquire Take Two there will be another delay to go through all the paper work, legal requirements etc. The bastards mad.gif

Edited by MysteryGamer

Grand Theft Auto will never be the same game again if EA get their hands on it.

Let's just hope, if they aquire Take 2, they let Rockstar do everything they want.

GTA4FANATIC

I don't have a problem with EA taking T2 over because a franchise like GTA will be there most powerful asset and ruining a series that has sold 65million units in 10 years will be a 2 billion dollar mistake. Who is really that dumb?

I don't have a problem with EA taking T2 over because a franchise like GTA will be there most powerful asset and ruining a series that has sold 65million units in 10 years will be a 2 billion dollar mistake. Who is really that dumb?

It's really not that dumb. If you favor quantity over quality you will probably make a greater amount of money in a shorter amount of time than if you let R* do what they have been doing with regards to waiting 5 years between installments.

Azzerwazzer

can't there be like. a donation fund or something and when we've got enough some trustworthy site-manager can buy shares or whatever is needed to do to reduce EA's chances of taking over? confused.gif

Some people should stick some banners up or something down by the Take2 offices

I live in NYC and I'm more than willing to do it - as long as some others join me.

One-man pickets aren't that effective...

6g8AhC3.jpg

Nobby_McDonald

Good move by the six directors.

The big question though... how many shares are there?

Adam Jensen

I dont even know why am I concerned about this. Nobody is taking over something that I own but still I feel like I'm being robed nervous.gif

Robed from good gaming sad.gif

Burn EA devil.gif

just another thug

EA is awful, but I doubt they would wreck a series like GTA.

user posted image

It's nice to see some resistance from T2. I wonder how many shares it takes to have majority?

They would. EA don't care, they'll make some fast cash out of it, and then ditch the series. It is good that T2 are fighting back, they don't derserve this hostile take over by a bunch of money grabbing bastards. Which is all EA are, they don't give a flying f*ck about the industry or the state of the game they release, which is why we see patches a day after release.

All EA care about are profits profits, soon as they see some competition then they buy them out, to increase there profits. If some competition watchdog doesn't watch EA closely, then there will be no gaming industry it will just be EA.

I think Rockstart do own the IP, if I remember correctly its the Developer who owns the IP for the series, coding etc. Not the publisher, so should EA take over T2. Then I'm pretty sure Rockstar could just walk away with GTA and partner up with another publisher.

EA = Bad

Michael Sheresky, Michael Dornemann, Jon J. Moses, Grover C. Brown, Robert A. Bowman and John F. Levy are the six men that have upped their shares today

These guys are our heroes. icon14.gif Thank you.

• 2 weeks later...

Just kind of an update

EA also revealed that only 5,000 of Take-Two's 74m shares have been tendered since the offer was made on March 13.

Analysts said the derisory number was not significant.

Ea is also acting like little babies cryani.gif

Electronic Arts said game over to rival game maker Take-Two Interactive Software on Friday, warning that if the company’s shareholders adopt the proposed poison pill plan it will lower its per-share bid to $25.74 from $26. cryani.gif

Good move by the six directors.

The big question though... how many shares are there?

74,273 and 72,745 shares issued and outstanding at October 31, 2007 and October 31, 2006, respectively

Add those two together to get total shares out there...give or take depending on issue amounts and market conditions.

pAafese.gifpAafese.gifpAafese.gifpAafese.gifpAafese.gif

My question is, cant just rockstar search another seller? if take two is being owned, why they cant move somewhere else? there is a contract or something? confused.gif