Im thinking about playing through them again....

Ace ATL 33

The thing is...i dont know if i should replay them on 360 or ps3. Both are backwards compatable. I played all the original on the ps2...but i think the graphics were better on 360, werent they? I really loved the controls on the ps2, so now i have it payed off on ps3, but i might change as it gets closer and i figure out which one will be the better experience.

What should i do...play them on the box or playstation?

Or do yall think i would get burned out by doing nothing by playin gta till release?

SovietWarrior42

I just replayed them on the PS2 since I don't have a PS3 or the Xbox versions.

The Xbox versions have more and better visual effects than the PS2 versions, but the control is freakin' wacky. I'd suggest playing them on the PC. Higher resolutions and framerates (along with faster load times... a BIG plus) of the PC version outweigh the few effects the Xbox versions have.

I played through them again in anticipation for GTA4. I've played through SA on about eleven times since 2005 (seven on the PC). I also bought LCS and VCS for the PSP, hoping to get reach corner of the canon. I ended up ripping the PSP ISOs to my hard drive and ran them off USB cable because the load times were absolutely atrocious otherwise.

are they worse than ps2's or do you just think they are weird cause you are used to pc?

Play them on the PC, its the better experience, you wont regret it.

There are plenty of mods to choose from that adds a lot to the game.

if i had to choose I would go for the xbox version.

The graphical gap between consoles was much greater last gen and San Andreas shows it. PS2 version has some aliasing problems. And the field of view is better on xbox version biggrin.gif (you can see further in planes and sh*t)

Also, with all the fuss about games back compat PS2 on the PS3 looking graphically "altered" it may be even more different. Plus I have a 360 so I can just play it on that biggrin.gif

But yeah the PS3 has an identical controller to last gens so that may be an advantage?

Accually, what would be better is to get the PC version and plug your 360 controller into it!

If all else fails suicidal.gif lol

kawasakirider

The human eye can only see 60 Frames Per Second, so the computer geeks who upgrade their sh*t constantly only play a numbers game. I am a PS guy all the way, but now I've played the 360 and own one, that is the way to go for sure. The new 360 controls are amazing (xbox gen 1 controllers are crap) I now think the PS controls are too small being 16 and a fair bit bigger. If you're an adult as far as hand size go and like ergonomics, not to mention extra stuff for Gta and a way better line up of games...... Go the 360.

are they worse than ps2's or do you just think they are weird cause you are used to pc?

I haven't played much of the PS2 versions, but the Xbox controls were changed for the worse (in GTA3 and GTA:VC... GTA:SA controls were fine). The right stick does not control the free camera anymore. Instead it is how you have to look left and right while driving (for drive-bys) or it changes into first person for the length of time you move it (not allowing you to move while in FP either) while on foot. The triggers also accelerate and brake like an SA on Xbox and GTA4 an all platforms (which is good), but the lack of shoulder buttons on the xbox controller made for some wonky compromises.

I still and always will prefer GTA on a controller, but the mapping has to be done well. That's one of the reasons i prefr SA for the PC is because of the San Andreas Advanced Control app that allows for super precise configuration of any combination of controls for K/M, current-gen multi-axis gamepad (such as wired 360), or vibrating force-feedback return-to-center racing wheels with foot pedals.

The human eye can only see 60 Frames Per Second

You are wrong.

Edited by MrKlorox

doomdiver_16

I recomend doing what I do. Buy the games for PC (advantages of high resolutions, better effects, mods etc.) Attack your PS3 controller to the PC and Finding a driver for it.

I just started playing Vice City on PS2.. =D

I would've started SA, but i can't find it anywhere :(

Shootin_spree
PS2 ladd.

no discussion  cool.gif

Why?

i dunno.

everyone likes PS2s.

PS2 ladd.

no discussion  cool.gif

Why?

i dunno.

everyone likes PS2s.

Well for me it's the only version I have.