If i install something onto my computer that is

boogernut

I am just wondering if i unknowingly install/download any software (like Flash Player .... or anything... maybe a game... or freeware... or any software) that i already have on my computer/already installed, what will happen? Will it just go over it and leave it exactly the same? Will it make a new copy that i need to delete? Or if it's a new version will it just go over it and add the updates but other than that stay the same?

TY smile.gif

It depends no the program.. Do you have something specific in mind? You're always better to either use any built-in update software that comes with the program, or completely uninstall the older version of the program before re-installing it.

F4tISZ2.png

xY1j6rP.gif

It depends no the program.. Do you have something specific in mind? You're always better to either use any built-in update software that comes with the program, or completely uninstall the older version of the program before re-installing it.

well... the situation here... is i don't remember whether i have shockwave (and some other software but with that same situation) on my computer...............

I want to have the software, but i don't know if i downloaded/installed it yet on this computer.... so if I just do it, will anything bad happen if it is/or isn't on there already?

Thanks!

Rocketkiller

In the case of something like Shockwave, the installer will search through the registry and it should find that it's already installed so it'll likely ask you if you want to update it. If you have software left over from a previous windows installation you can just install it into the same directory and nothing bad will happen.

BuffaloSoldier

If you're using a typical program that runs InstallShield Wizard or the like, it'll extract/prepare and then give you like options it would give you in the Add/Remove Programs utility in the Control Panel. For instance, it'll have fill circles for "Repair" and "Remove", rather than installing it again.

• 1 User Currently Viewing
    0 members, 0 Anonymous, 1 Guest

Important Information

By using GTAForums.com, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.