Has Euphoria taken away the ability to...

andylovesGTA

andylovesGTA

it was a fun but unrealistic way to get around when you were sick of driving or just wanted to have fun.

So do you think it will be possible to do this in GTA IV?

user posted image

Gourangalol

You can still stand on them, but with Euphoria, i think you would need to keep re-arranging your position due to momentum of the moving car.

Ben Fleming

Oh, good point.

The momentum of the car might now make Niko lose his balance and topple off, unless the car is going at a snail's pace.

You might still be able to hang onto the roof, though. But I guess that wouldn't be as much fun, because it's difficult to snipe the drivers of passing cars when hanging on for dear life.

Good question. Car surfing has always been fun. I sure do hope that you won't just tumble off the second the car you're standing on takes off. Maybe you won't fall off until the car reaches a certain speed?

Or maybe Euphoria has just made it even more interesting, using the same system that lets us hang onto trucks and such? Being able to clamp yourself to the roof to prevent yourself from falling off?

DeAdLy_cOoKiE

Would be nice if you could stand on cars..

I remember that indiana jones euphoria techvid where indy autobalances himself on a bridge.

chris cambo

I think euphoria will be awesome. Imagine standing on the roof of a car shooting somebody then the car your standing on speeds off making you do a mid air flip and land on your head.

user posted image

in real life if you ducked down your balance would be better distributed. so try doing it in GTA and im sure it will be a lot easier to ride. Then you can stand up... mark my words sly.gif

kurt_hectic_2001

I sure the hell hope that you'd have to put at least some effort into balancing on a moving vehicle's hood or roof if you're going to get a free ride. rolleyes.gif

Gourangalol
Would be nice if you could stand on cars..

I remember that indiana jones euphoria techvid where indy autobalances himself on a bridge.

Thats what i was thinking about. But also i'm sure i read somewhere that the mission where you steal the truck full of drugs from the yardies or triads (can't remember which) you have to balance yourself etc or you fly off the truck and thud! into the asphalt cool.gif

Euphoria means Niko has to maintain balance but it doesn't necessarily mean the player has to do it for him. From some of the demos it sounds like you have to do this in some missions but during free roam maybe it's automatic.

GTAIV-NewYork

Why do you want to stand on top of cars? THere will be so much to do in GTA IV.

Is hanging onto vehicles confirmed? I remember the screenshot but is it actually confirmed?

chris cambo
Is hanging onto vehicles confirmed? I remember the screenshot but is it actually confirmed?

Im pretty sure it is icon14.gif

user posted image

yeah its confirmed

I hope not, that was stupid. If you want to do that buy Saints row 2. there is a mini game of car surfing.

Edited by HeroIV
user posted image

Euphoria will add more to the game than it takes away from it. Think about it that way icon14.gif

Good way to put it, standin on cars were fun but, most of them only went in cirlces so it wasnt a great thinmg. But if you want to stand on cars in the future just play, SA or VC again.

gonnabedeadsoon

isnt one of themissions to climb on the back of a delivery truck whilst its moving!

surley this confirms it can be done!

isnt one of themissions to climb on the back of a delivery truck whilst its moving!

surley this confirms it can be done!

That situation could have been scripted.

Here's to hoping it wasn't. cookie.gif

rareairtone

we probably have to crouch to stay on longer. That euphoria demo of "niko" being moved around is on a stationary surface--no acceleration and no constant velocity. it's just wiggling him around.

by crouching, the center of gravity is brought closer to the legs so that we have more control over where we go. since euphoria is a physics engine, it should make us stay on longer than normal. i really only imagine us falling off the car if the pedestrian speeds up hella fast because it is trying to "run" away from the destruction we're causing behind or in front of it

monkeyman23555

unless the car accelerates really fast, I think you should able to be on a car.. problem is when going relatively fast into a curve...