Closest Game to GTA:IV so far

ChaniWani

Yeh, this isn't a comparison but to get the Hype going for some of you, I recommend going and playing True Crime:NYC to get that New York feel that we'll learn to love in GTA IV, even though it is Liberty City and not NY. The Tall buildings enterable places aswell as the really large map is just some of the things we'll be facing in GTA Iv.

But yer Don't Flame me for this coz im just trying to show you what the NY city atmosphere will be kind of like in IV except waywayway better biggrin.gif

chrisisking
Yeh, this isn't a comparison but to get the Hype going for some of you, I recommend going and playing True Crime:NYC to get that New York feel that we'll learn to love in GTA IV, even though it is Liberty City and not NY. The Tall buildings enterable places aswell as the really large map is just some of the things we'll be facing in GTA Iv.

But yer Don't Flame me for this coz im just trying to show you what the NY city atmosphere will be kind of like in IV except waywayway better biggrin.gif

I understand what your saying man but I think if you played True Crime NY too much before you play GTAIV it will affect the experience in a bad way for you cryani.gif TC NY is ok but I don't recomend playing it to get a taster of GTAIV, go with either San An, LCS or maybe GTAIII.

what im trying to say is that the New York Atmosphere is what GTA IV will be all about, and TC:NYC reflects this pretty well for a not so good game, probably better than GTA :III because its closer to what GTA :IV would be like.... if ya get my drift

The map of True Crime: NYC was fukken amazing and incredible. 1:1 scaled NYC. Really epic.

Too bad the car handling and game sucked balls. Such a big waste!

The map of True Crime: NYC was fukken amazing and incredible. 1:1 scaled NYC. Really epic.

Too bad the car handling and game sucked balls. Such a big waste!

Actually just Manhattan, which makes it less than twice as big as San Andreas (and a lot less creative). Apparently they started the other boroughs but gave up. Cloning a real-life map doesn't necessarily make a good game map.

True Crime is much more graphically violent than GTA has been, but not successful enough for Jack Thompson to get aroused over.

Edited by Magic_Al

true crime NY was the second worst sandbox game ever made, right after true crime LA. all those games where your a rouge cop got old after the first one. criminals for the win.

True Crime is a good game but the controls are so different to gta and can get annoyong if you switch between the two

Interiors are good but just the cars handling is poor late turning, if you make the corners you will be lucky

Map takes too long to cross aswell

If you hit a car head on in TC the driver goes flying through the windscreen, cant remember if you can though

Edited by tld
user posted image

THE OTHER OPTION

i think driver parallel lines was the closet to NYC, it had everything exact, TC didnt

user posted image

Yea i thought Driver 4 was amazing map wise i loved when in the 70s the Twin Towers were there cool stuff

m3talocalyps3

Yea actually Driver parallel lines IS the closest thing to GTAIV. It has fictional version of bronx, manhattan, brooklyn, queens, and NJ. Its an amazing game. Its crazy when I play it because of the concept R* is taking creating a fictional NY similar to which Driver has already done. I wont be playing anytime soon because I dont want to spoil it for myself. I want that feeling of when you first pop in a fresh GTA game, and take those first few steps until ultimately unleashing the rapture in the GTA world. but im only saying if you want a taste of what GTAIV is gonna be like, I would definitely recommend trying out Parallel Lines.

I have to totally disagree with you. You won't get "the feeling" for NYC. That game is horrible. I think that Spider Man is closer to the real NYC then True Crime.

user posted image

m3talocalyps3

I forgot to mention TC NYC while writing that post. I definitley think that game sucks ass. Recreating manhattan just made the game really sh*tty and I dont know If anyone else that played the game agrees with me, was also very ignorant. First of all I live in Brooklyn and grew up in lower east side of manhattan. In the game, Lower east side didnt look anything where I grew up. and I dont mean because its a video game you wouldnt expect it to be exactly like it real life counterpart, they jus seem to rush it by putting stupid textures a what they thought made it look nice. and on the ignorance part, there was nothing and I mean NOTHING but mexicans for hispanics.WTF???no puerto ricans or dominicans which is what NYC is full of but that was just stupid hearing some f*ck saying yo essay in NY.You only hear that in LA. GTAIV will be way bigger and more diverse than TCNYC and actually look better . Recreating a real city just highlights the famous parts of the city and not the neighborhoods that make the city come alive