Online with 360

toxicshock1911

toxicshock1911

With GTA IV going online with multiplayer and downloadable content and that, I figured it would be good to get my 360 online. But I have run into a world of issues.

Basically, I have high speed internet provided by the apartment complex free of charge. It runs in through the coaxal cable into a Moterolla modem. From there, I run it to a Linksys wireless router and then into my desktop. I have tried hooking the 360 with ethernet cable into the wireless router and made some progress. But when it comes time to sign in, and retireve my gamertag or whatever, the 360 never stops loading. I have let it sit for up to 20 minutes with no results. I am guessing this is due to my free internet. I will be getting AT&T/Yahoo DSL when I move in September.

My questions are:

1. Is there anything I can do to get online with my 360 with the internet service I have now? If so, what am I doing wrong?

2. Will AT&T/Yahoo DSL get me online with my 360?

If anyone has any help, I would appriciate it. I didn't see a topic addressing this type of problem so sorry if I missed it.

GTA3Rockstar

Have you paid for your Live or not? Cause if you're just now pluging it in, I assume you're basic Live(Silver). You would need gold to play online with others. Then again, you should be able to connect anyways. hmmmmm

fbeRElG.png

Yeah, it should connect and allow you to set up a Silver Account (Free, extremely limited account. Only chatting and stuff). After you plug it in and go to Xbox Live it should go to a connecting screen, then most likely say there's some updates needed and start downloading those.

After that I believe it asks you to create a Windows Live account, which you make a user name, then fill out some basic info. That should be it.

There should be no problem with it being free internet provided by the complex. It can't distinguish the 360 apart from a computer, so it should connect as easy as your computer does. Try plugging it directly into the modem if you can. It might be having trouble getting on through the wireless router.

Picolini is now Pico

user posted image

toxicshock1911

I haven't paid for a Gold membership yet. I was going to try to get the Silver to work first. I get booted off when I'm surfing on my desktop all the time, so I think its my ISP. mad.gif

I haven't paid for a Gold membership yet. I was going to try to get the Silver to work first. I get booted off when I'm surfing on my desktop all the time, so I think its my ISP. mad.gif

is there anyway you can get into the admin setup on your router?

goto 192.168.0.1 or 192.168.1.1

login should be

l: admin

p: 1234 (unless you changed it)

then you need to figure out what ip address your 360 is and make sure you DMZ that IP address. that should fix your problem

• 1 User Currently Viewing
    0 members, 0 Anonymous, 1 Guest

Important Information

By using GTAForums.com, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.