How many holes?

Horace

user posted image

One of my pet peeves in video games is when you're shooting an object (for example) and you can count the holes being made in it, and then suddenly you hit the magic number – POOF -- they all disappear, the object is brand new.

Yeah, there are still a lot of technical limits, and I'm not expecting any miracles, but how much damage or alteration do you think a player will be able to make on the world (especially given the lack of a guaranteed hard drive in the Xbox, and the PS3's under-sized ram space)?

GTA3Freak-2001

Most games I've played with bullet holes do have a limit but when its hit it simply removes previous holes and doesn't just start freash. Most games decal limits are usually only reached when you are purposely shooting a wall aimless and not during normal gameplay where most of your bullets should be hitting the enemies anyway. I expect GTA4 to be roughly the same.

Well, they said bulletholes are permanent on vehicles. But i'm still expecting a limit.

Man, I love that shot :3

SovietWarrior42

I counted 44 holes, so there's going to be quite a bit before limitations.

remember they said holes will allways be there,that would piss me off gettin a car that you realy like then end up getin a hole in it.

Apparently the bullet holes on cars never disappear. (as said in a recent preview.)

Apparently the bullet holes on cars never disappear. (as said in a recent preview.)

Don't take that too literally. It's the same when they first said that damage done to the environment would be permanent, and later changed it to "certain parts of the environment".

remember they said holes will allways be there,that would piss me off gettin a car that you realy like then end up getin a hole in it.

I'd bet my life savings that you can go in a 'Pay & spray' and they'll go.

Looks awesome, compared to SA were if you hit it 10 times it went up like a christmas tree.