KING Magazine Exclusive DJ Reveal

Jordan

DJ Green Lantern has his own station on GTA IV. Here are the details:

"Somebody within my camp said that they were interested in doing some stuff. We sat down and it ended up like a whole radio show. This particular show, there's a little bit of budget involved. It's not the normal licensed-out music. When you jump in the car, you're going to be able to hear a whole Green Lantern radio show filled with nothing but exclusive music I produced for the game. I think it's the first time that's ever been done."

All of the details are here:

http://planetgrandtheftauto.gamespy.com/fu...y.php?id=149059

Edited by Jordan

MysteryGamer

Whoa nice DJ Green Lantern used to be Eminen's DJ, I am quite looking forward to the productions DJ Green Lantern has for Grand Theft Auto IV he is a great producer. D-Block - Two Guns Up was a crazy beat by him in particular. DJ Green Lantern was suppose to release his own solo album but got scrapped. Maybe some of his tracks are in the game? monocle.gif

There was a rumour last year that DJ Kay Slay would do work for the music on Grand Theft Auto IV too. He gave a shout out to Rockstar regarding Grand Theft Auto IV.

Thanks for the news icon14.gif

Just to point out Jordan this is what DJ Green Lantern looks like:

user posted image

You have a picture of Joe Budden instead.

Edited by MysteryGamer

Green Lantern has done loads of great stuff. Can't wait for a whole radio station of just him icon14.gif

kippers.png

That's awesome. It's like how LCS had DJ Clue. But I hope DJ Kayslay does some music for this game though.

Edited by MC_320

MysteryGamer

Yeah this should be awesome for those into Hip-Hop I bet there will be loads of exclusives from DJ Green Lantern, and Rockstar hired some big name rappers for tracks for DJ Green Lanterns show. Some new Mobb Deep maybe, Nas, AZ etc I expect there will be a lot of New York born rapper features anyway.

sow->show?

I liked the radio in San An with DJ Hans Oberlander SFUR

I am not normally listening to that outside the game and that's why I have much faith in Rockstar's selections here... I hope I am not dismayed in the end!

Well, I'll listen to more 'House Music' then Hip hop, the instrumental stuff has been good in the past. Bob James IIRC, nice

Edited by Slamman

MysteryGamer

Not a lot is revealed as expected but Styles P is one of the artists on there so thats cool, he's a more hardcore rapper than most mainstream Hip-Hop artists.

With 18 radio station I am starting to think DJ Kayslay has done work for the game or he has his own show like DJ Green Lantern but we will have to see though.

For those who enjoy wider variety of music, we're still left wondering about non-urban soundscapes...but One thing we can all speculate equally on is what type of R humor do you think you'll find on this particular station??

Let's have some fun with this

MysteryGamer

With 18 radio stations I expect the music genre to be pretty varied. I listened to all radio stations in the previous titles Grand Theft Auto IV will be no expect ion.

Although Hip-Hop and Electronica is my main favourite genre of music I like a wide range music styles too. I can't wait to hear all these radio stations.

He got some good work, the fort minor mixtape alone was great and some of his older stuff is awesome

MysteryGamer

I guess i kind of dropped a hint about this happening almost a year ago.

http://www.gtaforums.com/index.php?showtopic=277679&hl=

Yeah this is what I was talking about in one of my posts, it looks like it was DJ Green Lantern all along and not DJ Kay Slay then.

That was a good find I remember reading about it.

mmmfloorpie

Great, personally I hate this kind of music and I'm sure most of you just don't realize that you do too yet... Is it wrong of me to want more mainstream songs that I actually have on my winamp playlist in this game??? It would be awesome if there was some way to sync your PS3 with your computer's mp3 collection via USB or something and play them through the car radio.. I'm sure that would never in a million years happen though...

Well, that's 1 station confirmed to be completely ruined, 17 to go. monocle.gif How could anyone be excited to hear this dog****? Personally I'd rather listen to anything but hip hop aka "urban" barf8bd.gif , the opera station, the talk shows, the new russian station will kickass if its anything even partially resembling the russian station in gta 2, hell it was even occasionally fun being pursued by the cops while listening to country in san andreas!

This stuff is just garbage tho that will do nothing but waste time every time I want to cycle to a listenable station. barf8bd.gifbarf8bd.gifbarf8bd.gifbarf8bd.gifbarf8bd.gifbarf8bd.gifbarf8bd.gifbarf8bd.gifbarf8bd.gifbarf8bd.gifbarf8bd.gif

MysteryGamer
Well, that's 1 station confirmed to be completely ruined, 17 to go. monocle.gif How could anyone be excited to hear this dog****? Personally I'd rather listen to anything but hip hop aka "urban" barf8bd.gif , the opera station, the talk shows, the new russian station will kickass if its anything even partially resembling the russian station in gta 2, hell it was even occasionally fun being pursued by the cops while listening to country in san andreas!

This stuff is just garbage tho that will do nothing but waste time every time I want to cycle to a listenable station. barf8bd.gifbarf8bd.gifbarf8bd.gifbarf8bd.gifbarf8bd.gifbarf8bd.gifbarf8bd.gifbarf8bd.gifbarf8bd.gifbarf8bd.gifbarf8bd.gif

No-one will force to listen to it though will they? You say it's garbage fine, personally I like Hip-Hop but I enjoy other music genre hell I even liked the Opera station in Grand Theft Auto: III. Come on there is 18 radio stations there is bound to something that someone will like to listen to.

I'm MADD Hype right Now!! WOW! a local DJ in the Game. They could have also gotten Big Tigger, or Angie Martines. I heard DJ Clue was in the game too. biggrin.gif I Lovin' my City right now...

DJ Green Lantern has a lot of respect from a lot of artists.

Excited about Styles P and Uncle Murda, they don't come much grimier than Styles, his music has a definate ''underground'' and real Hip-Hop feel, over mainstream Hip-Hop's BS. If they've got Styles I hope they've got Jada. and possibly Sheek Louch aswell, D-Block are sick.

I just hope they don't do the same for DJ Khaled (however you spell it) that guy does my f***ing head in.

Edited by Emm Ell

Excited about Styles P and Uncle Murda, they don't come much grimier than Styles, his music has a definate ''underground'' and real Hip-Hop feel, over mainstream Hip-Hop's BS. If they've got styles I hope they've got Jada. and possibly Sheek Louch aswell, D-Block are sick.

I just hope they don't do the same for DJ Khaled (however you spell it) that guy does my f***ing head in.

YEEEEEEESSSSSSS!! Did you know that D-Block was in other R* Games, like The Warriors(as voice actors).

hopefully, he gets immortal technique to do a few rhymes... that would be the sickest thing ever. its totally possible because their coming out with a mixtape in april, called the third world...

if you like rap/hiphop, check out immortal technique, hes the best

Excited about Styles P and Uncle Murda, they don't come much grimier than Styles, his music has a definate ''underground'' and real Hip-Hop feel, over mainstream Hip-Hop's BS. If they've got styles I hope they've got Jada. and possibly Sheek Louch aswell, D-Block are sick.

YEEEEEEESSSSSSS!! Did you know that D-Block was in other R* Games, like The Warriors(as voice actors).

Nope I didn't bored.gif Who did they voice/act??

Nope I didn't bored.gif Who did they voice/act??

I think they did some of the Dealers and the Peds. I think Styles P was the Knife dealer. I'll have to check the credits.

Here's the Link, but it's a Hard find. Look Carefully. Even J.Hood did a voice. confused.gif

Edited by Dotseoem