Niko's Closet

Slamman

I was or have been playing GTA San Andreas on my trusty PS3 even today and had to make a few trips to get the GIMP suit again... It is a rather slow boring process... but as we know with GTA4, attire changing can make the character fit a mold that we feel we can identify or just have fun with, so I would ask... How much a role do you think clothes will play in taking missions this time around and will it be about the same in terms of going into a closet and seeing a list of things you bought for your safe house, etc.?

We don't have any info, but I'd say still worthy of discussion of it was not touched on earlier. I don't recall if it went anywhere.

I felt in terms of dating it puts the pressure on, if you're late, for example. We know timing appointments will be more prominent in this round of GTA.

In Vice City I think it was such a simple method of walking into an icon and changing which was used sparingly in SanAn. It's faster but takes away from the realism.

-Bill

Arthur Borgan

All i remember is for one mission, you had to change into a nice suit so you don't arouse more suspicion than needed. But It'll probably work similar to SA I think...

I think it was for the interview, but I also think Sam or someone at Rockstar mentioned clothes add to Niko's appearance and how he'll be treated by people he meets. It sounds logical enough to expect

Clothes are on the shelf now for Niko to pickup. Trying them on might still take a while. You'll probably pickup everything that you need and go the changing room. And after a quick load time, Niko emerges wearing everything you picked up.

Better than trying things on one by one.

Azzerwazzer
I for one want to dress like a chav cool.gif

your... your kidding right? confused.gif

well, we know you'll have to get them of the shelf in shops, but thats about it.

i think clothing will play a much larger role this time around. with the new "relationship" system and all.

I think they'll be more missions in this game where you have to wear specific attire. As mentioned above, there's a job interview mission where you must purchase a suit. There was also a screenshot with Niko in a trash lorry so this might be for a mission as well. It was rubbish in SA, you could fight the mob in just heart boxer shorts. They're going for realism so hopefully it's changed.

I think they said something about niko having to wear a window cleans costume or something like that on one mission, and in different screensshots niko seems to have the same jeans but different top or same or gloves or no gloves to i think it will be more like SA, i also remember in one preview it saying that if niko doesnt change for a few days people will pic up on that and comment on you smelling or being a tramp and things .