Getting dirt on your car..?

ROCKY-BALBOA

ROCKY-BALBOA

I just read that getting dirt on your car is permanent..I have a few comments..

- If u are driving with the camera veiw from the wheel, would the windshield get dirty, if so, does this mean it is permanent that u will not be able to see..

- Isn't there a car wash, cause it sucks driving around in a dirty car, and not being able to clean it makes it worse.. biggrin.gif

- If u are driving with the camera veiw from the wheel, would the windshield get dirty, if so, does this mean it is permanent that u will not be able to see..

Ever heard of windscreen wipers?

- Isn't there a car wash, cause it sucks driving around in a dirty car, and not being able to clean it makes it worse.. biggrin.gif

there is a cash wash and i dont think it will go too far to make the windshield dirty, and i dont think the windscreen wipers will operate

there is a cash wash and i dont think it will go too far to make the windshield dirty, and i dont think the windscreen wipers will operate

Argh, I can't find the screenshot with Niko in a car while the windscreen wipers are going off.

They were going to do it in San Andreas. It would be good to have, but, I would hate it to be permanent.

BobsYourUncle...

Windscreen wipers would add another whole lot to realism, or... can you jump your car int the ocean, even though you lose your car... will the dirt come off??? biggrin.gif

I heared it wasnt dirt but bullet holes are permanent, i dont remember reading dirt?

And it does rain in Liberty City you know

user posted image

BurningRevenge
There is cillit bang for dirt!

Knowing this game, they'd call it something like 'clit bang' or something tounge.gif

Windscreen wipers would add another whole lot to realism, or... can you jump your car int the ocean, even though you lose your car... will the dirt come off??? biggrin.gif

I don't think you want to drive into the hudson River with your vehicle JUST to make it clean.

A) you will loose your car

B) i bet the hudsons 100 times dirtier than your car actually is lol.gif

I think theres gonna be windscreen wipers, probably ones you can't control(rain sensing cool.gif )

As for dirt, there will be cars in mint condition, and the older ones will have dirt. Not sure how permanent, and if driving one into the ocean will effectively "clean" it, while being a complete waste of time.

I think Pay n Spray or a "garage" will return, but it won't have wanted level magic like previous games. Nice touch if April 29th says that is true.

Do any of you know if there is going to be an "interior view" of the car when driving?

That would be really nice if you could see the dash of the car (something like the gran turismo HD previews)

Do any of you know if there is going to be an "interior view" of the car when driving?

That would be really nice if you could see the dash of the car (something like the gran turismo HD previews)

Yes there is an incar view but it will be nowhere near the detail of Gran Turismo 5

Obliviongamer

i think you guys under underestimating r* a bit too much. When they say that they are going for realism. That means they will make the game as real as possible. Well at least more realistic than previous games

Wouldn't that be something, if dirt was permanent? Talk about UNrealistic. I read somewhere that bullet holes would be permanent, so far as permanent goes in the gaming world.

AbrahamFinkle

windscreen wiper WTF... I think auto rain ones would be so cool. on the road of Moding what about if their was could you modd the sound system in their cars that would be the bomb.

CookPassBabtridge

I dont have much to add, other than why the hell would they announce permanent dirt and car washes at the same time? These previews get weirder...

Im not up for permanent dirt, minor as it sounds. Id rather no dirt than have no choice in the matter monocle.gif

CookPassBabtridge
Because the dirt is "permanent" until you wash it off...

You may have a good point there Cps....

Still, its all a bit cryptic with R* aint it? Roll on April...

Tell me about it, don't know what's what! I'm trying to take anything I read (previews and the like)with a pinch of salt until I can see/do it for myself.

Roll on April...

Edited by cps82

PorkchopSoldier
Because the dirt is "permanent" until you wash it off...

Lets all hope so.

TwistedMedia

Im guessing the dirt & bullet holes are permenant until you get a new paint job, or maybe rockstar have a garage specially for fixing bullet holes ?

also i heard older cars rust aswell lol

im gona get new paint jobs all day lol i want best lookin car in the city tounge.gif

Tell me about it, don't know what's what! I'm trying to take anything I read (previews and the like)with a pinch of salt until I can see/do it for myself.

Roll on April...

Me too. I know rockstar are saying "GTA IV isn't just a list of featues" but I would like to know if certain features are acually in or not. Seems the previews are always contraditing each other.