A Bank System

Makotronic

I've been throwing around the idea of having a bank system for GTA4.

The money you make doing missions and running errands is deposited in your bank account, since Niko isn't going to troll around with 50 thousand dollars in his wallet. So a small amount of money (like $2000) is the maximum allowed for Niko to carry.

Niko could pay the bank a visit, and see his savings. He could take some money out, and even get a loan for something. The bank would be really efficient, even though it would be kind of a bummer that you'd have to visit the bank all the time to grab money.

That's where a credit card would come in, and it would be used for buying expensive stuff like a car, weapons, clothes...

Simple and easy. It would become more racional and would make the game seem more realistic. I think it's a good idea.

Suction Testicle Ban

I think I read somewhere that this actualy is in the game(might be an other game I read about, I don't remember)

scarface910

The money you make doing missions and running errands is deposited in your bank account, since Niko isn't going to troll around with 50 thousand dollars in his wallet. So a small amount of money (like $2000) is the maximum allowed for Niko to carry.

Niko could pay the bank a visit, and see his savings. He could take some money out, and even get a loan for something. The bank would be really efficient, even though it would be kind of a bummer that you'd have to visit the bank all the time to grab money.

That's where a credit card would come in, and it would be used for buying expensive stuff like a car, weapons, clothes...

Simple and easy. It would become more racional and would make the game seem more realistic. I think it's a good idea.

It'd be less complicated if the money came out of his bank account rather than using a credit card..

And I would love a safety deposit box, you know, store "special" items(camera, flowers, kantana, dildo etc.) so you wont run the risk of losing it in a mission.

another thing I was thinking is the quantity of guns a GTA character carries at once. I think that should also be limited, to two guns tops.

Niko doesn't look like the Rambo type of guy.

Suction Testicle Ban

another thing I was thinking is the quantity of guns a GTA character carries at once. I think that should also be limited, to two guns tops.

ppfffttttt how fun would that be........

theyve already said you can carry as many guns as you want, which is awesomeee

and yeah atm use is already confirmed, so they must have a bank system in there.

Good thinkin!

And I would love a safety deposit box, you know, store "special" items(camera, flowers, kantana, dildo etc.) so you wont run the risk of losing it in a mission.

There better be a place to store my weapons, so I don't lose them when I get busted.

Edited by Goldey

NeuroticAxeMan

I cant actually imagine how they are going to pull this one off... confused.gif

Can anyone enlighten me?

I cant actually imagine how they are going to pull this one off... confused.gif

Can anyone enlighten me?

I think they said something about ATMs... Maybe i'm wrong?

guitar_dude_person

holy f*ck.... you're just making me more excited sad.gifsad.gifsad.gif i can't wait!

ok... by what's being said in this thread is making me excited about the game.. not you personally smile.gif

It'd be less complicated if the money came out of his bank account rather than using a credit card..

...not to mention robberies!!!!

NeuroticAxeMan

Okay imagine this:

Your doing a mission with a time limit and the need for some heat has suddenly arisen. You drive all the way to the nearest ammunation (or however they end up doing weapons acquisition). M4- $3000. "OMFG! FARK not enuf moneez!!" Leave store drive to ATM. Forget where nearest ATM is and end up driving round aimlessly for a while. Clock still ticking. Finally find ATM, get gun, go to kill dude. BUT NO!! HE HAS ALREADY REACHED THE AIRPORT!! MISSION FAILED!! *CONTROLLER SMASH*

Okay maybe that was a bit silly but still i dont see how it could work/ what the point in changing from the old system would be??

maybe when you get paid for missions; instead of them giving you the money up front, they give you it later. but if you see that person at the end of the mission they will give you it.

or........................

maybe it is a way of assets like in San Andreas or Vice City.

or maybe you put money in the bank and the money grows over time.

the possibilities are quite literally endless.

Only time will tell my friends wink.gif

orly.gif

and by time i mean Rockstargames

Nuthin But A G Thang Babyy

yer man i agree

In theory its a good idea but what about this situation.

Checkout person: That'll be $10.00, please.

Niko: Do you take Visa? (swipes card)

(Card swiper thing says denied)

Checkout person: I'm sorry you don't have sufficient fun....(Niko pulls out a gun) Everything seems to be in order. Thank you for shopping at (insert shop here).

Checkout person: I'm sorry you don't have sufficient fun....(Niko pulls out a gun) Everything seems to be in order. Thank you for shopping at (insert shop here).

Nah, I think credit cards will be too much a hasle.

ATM's would be pretty decent, though.

Suction Testicle Ban

well if we're going for completely realistic i think that if you are caught killing someone you will be arrested and have to stand trial and spend the rest of you gta life in prison. sigh.gifsuicidal.gifmercie_blink.gif

Credit cards? Loans from a bank?

good idea if you was playing gangster tycoon or what ever, but i think that would be a bit too involved for the original GTA feel.

like the idea as long as its not to complicated

I think there are banks but not fully sure what you can do with them

remember from a preview they were talking about banks old old preview

user posted image

You don't put crime money to your bank account. You pay with cash, if the money is black.

Outer Haven

And why exactly would you store a dildo in a safety deposit box? Why would you have one in the first place. whatsthat.gif

elpartizan88

wudnt it be cool if Niko cud use a credit or debit card?? to pay hookers??

No. That would also be unrealistic.

funny sh*t, but no credit cards hopefully, who wants Debt? i don't confused.gif

ATM's will work out just fine, you will propably have a savings acount, and you will gain money over the years for intrest, but i doubt it will be a huge increase. But thats propably were your money will be stored.

Now, heres my theory, it might be possible to hold all of money in your pocket, which wouldn't make the whole savings account a good idea, but since peds are more dangerious and are alot smarter/powerful, and could actually kick your a$$ now, maybe they can rob YOU and jack your sh*t. as in guns/money etc.

That way, you will think twice before caring $50,000 while at a subway station at night.

I think it would be pretty cool to store weapons and stuff at your safehouse but a bank i would only use it if they made it so when you die you lose it all.

ATM's will work out just fine, you will propably have a savings acount, and you will gain money over the years for intrest, but i doubt it will be a huge increase. But thats propably were your money will be stored.

Now, heres my theory, it might be possible to hold all of money in your pocket, which wouldn't make the whole savings account a good idea, but since peds are more dangerious and are alot smarter/powerful, and could actually kick your a$$ now, maybe they can rob YOU and jack your sh*t. as in guns/money etc.

That way, you will think twice before caring $50,000 while at a subway station at night.

Heh, I don't think so. If you had $50,000 in your pocket, you most probably wouldn't let a ped rob you..

Niko is a master of Krav Maga and you're the player. No way a ped could rob you if you really didn't want that to happen.

Heh, I don't think so. If you had $50,000 in your pocket, you most probably wouldn't let a ped rob you..

Niko is a master of Krav Maga and you're the player. No way a ped could rob you if you really didn't want that to happen.

The games more realistic, multiple previewers started the game off dieing b/c they got there a$$es kicked by some ped. And there are Gangs now, and living & killing is harder now. So it IS possible to get robbed. I do remember hearing that peds rob each other & could rob you, So look out!

-There are gangs out there that are heavily armed and don't take sh*t from nobody. You walking in Thinking your CJ and that you can take out a whole army, will most likely get you a head shot, cause i bet, if someone shoots you with there gun at your head, your instantly dead, just like in COD4.

-No Last stands either tounge.gif

elpartizan88

No. That would also be unrealistic.

it was a joke.. u swipe it through lol.gif

and i think a credit card wud make the game more realistic since nobody in NY doesnt walk around without a credit or debit card

The games more realistic, multiple previewers started the game off dieing b/c they got there a$$es kicked by some ped. And there are Gangs now, and living & killing is harder now. So it IS possible to get robbed. I do remember hearing that peds rob each other & could rob you, So look out!

-There are gangs out there that are heavily armed and don't take sh*t from nobody. You walking in Thinking your CJ and that you can take out a whole army, will most likely get you a head shot, cause i bet, if someone shoots you with there gun at your head, your instantly dead, just like in COD4.

-No Last stands either tounge.gif

Yes, it might be harder, but a ped still couldn't rob you. That would be.. lame. In any other GTA game you could take on armies alone. I doubt it's THAT much more realistic, that you can lose to a petty ped.