Have your picture drawn!

Rockteur

While rockstar confirmed a while ago we would experience all the different people in Liberty City... I didn't realize they would go this far. In the new LC Cops trailer, when a fat cop is in the middle of star junction buying something from a vendor.. right behind him is a setup with a bunch of drawings of peoples faces.

Sorry, don't have anywhere to upload a screenshot. Maybe someone can do a screen grab?

TrueAssassin

yea, i saw that screenshot a little earlier. your right dude. maybe it's one of the new side stuff r* has added in.

It takes great skill to be a True Assassin...

fitbikesbmx

This was already discussed in a few posts. I don't plan on being able to have your picture drawn, it is just something else to make the city feel authentic.

user posted image

It's a nice touch to have stands like that set up around the city to make it seem more alive.

TrueAssassin

I bet r* wanted to keep that as a surprise for us all when we finally play it. but we've ruined it now! lol.gif

I bet r* wanted to keep that as a surprise for us all when we finally play it. but we've ruined it now! lol.gif

I'm certain that if Rockstar didn't want us to know that they were there we wouldn't have seen them at all.

user posted image

Is that prostitute getting her face drawn too? tounge2.gif

Her being a woman makes her a prostitute?

user posted image

Well this is GTA! Nice ass though, it must be about 7 polys. biggrin.gif

[-Vice-Andreas-]

I think this would be used prior to getting a camera, as a way of identifying a victim or something. You have to find somebody, given from the drawing you have of their face. Other than that, just for fun

ps3 user all the way

I bet r* wanted to keep that as a surprise for us all when we finally play it. but we've ruined it now!  lol.gif

I'm certain that if Rockstar didn't want us to know that they were there we wouldn't have seen them at all.

That may be but let's not forget the Rockstar Rep's reaction when one of the previewers (kikizo I believe) showed them a printout of the map discovered from the police boat.

GTA3Freak-2001

What makes you think the player will be able to sit down and have his image drawn? I am fairly sure like most things people like to think are gameplay features are really just eye-candy or some cut scene cinematic. In this case I am sure you will find there is just a stand where some guy is drawing peds that sit down near him or something. Basically something to breath life into the city which is what R* always do.

TrueAssassin
' date='Mar 9 2008, 23:57'] I think this would be used prior to getting a camera, as a way of identifying a victim or something. You have to find somebody, given from the drawing you have of their face. Other than that, just for fun

Niko has a camera on his phone, does'nt he?

user posted image

It looked like she was wearing something see-through at first. But you never know, it is very likely that she is one.

What makes you think the player will be able to sit down and have his image drawn? I am fairly sure like most things people like to think are gameplay features are really just eye-candy or some cut scene cinematic. In this case I am sure you will find there is just a stand where some guy is drawing peds that sit down near him or something. Basically something to breath life into the city which is what R* always do.

You could be totally right, but I hope you are not.

[-Vice-Andreas-]
,Mar 9 2008, 23:57] I think this would be used prior to getting a camera, as a way of identifying a victim or something. You have to find somebody, given from the drawing you have of their face. Other than that, just for fun

Niko has a camera on his phone, does'nt he?

Yeah, but isn't he poor in the start of the game? Could he really afford a fancy camera-phone when hes living in the rags? You might need to use drawings instead of actual photos for the first bunch of missions until you're rich enough to BUY the phone. Just a thought.

well... police use drawings of crims right?

ps3 user all the way

CarpetDweller

I don't really see how we've jumped from seeing a street artist in a screenshot to identifying people from drawn pictures in missions because Niko might not have a camera on his phone at the beginning.

Niko not having a camera means he can't take pictures. While not impossible, I doubt he's suddenly going to start drawing them instead. If someone else is drawing them for him, then Niko not having a camera is no longer relevant because the person that gave him the pic would have the means to take the photo. How many mission are usually picture related anyway?

It could just be there for added realism and something Niko can't use, but maybe he could get his picture drawn. It wouldn't be that hard to put in. Niko isn't that customizable and a lot of street artisits just do a big cartoon head on a generic body anyway, so R* only really needs to make 1 (or maybe 3) version(s) of the finished portrait. It would be a nice little added touch. The portrait could later appear in a safehouse.

In terms of street entertainers or tourist attractions I hope they've got their own version of The Naked Cowboy.

Edited by carpetdweller
user posted image

GTA3Freak-2001

So you find the ability to have Niko sit doing nothing while some ped crudely draws Niko's face something exciting?

SantiagoDomingo

Why would R* keep that a secret? I can tell you right now, we won't be getting our picture drawn. Why? Because we will all have the exact same character, it isn't like we can customize how we look. What would be the point in being able to have our portrait drawn?

So you find the ability to have Niko sit doing nothing while some ped crudely draws Niko's face something exciting?

not at all.