4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

2. Forum Support

3. Site Suggestions

David.

Official F1 Topic

Yatesyz

Tables and stuff all updated now. icon14.gif

I can finally get to watch all the F1 now that the Premiership has ended, can't wait for the race on Sunday.

Mark
Tables and stuff all updated now. icon14.gif

I can finally get to watch all the F1 now that the Premiership has ended, can't wait for the race on Sunday.

Aye tell me about it. Champions leagues over now too...all in time for the Monaco GP. Awesome!

Waddy

Well should be a great race today, a good chance of rain now and just after the start.

Gona be a slippy track out there. wow.gif

AndyGanteks

Aye ^

Coultard slipped out already,got bit by Bourdeis afterwards,although i didn't see how he lost control. Alonso also slipped at the same place and had to change tyres. Hamilton too. Very interesting race so far...

edit : Damn,another crash/slipup,but i didn't see it because i edited thee ultras topic sad.gif

Edited by AndySerb

Seddo

Woo Hamilton has just won the Monaco Grand Prix cool.gif.

I haven't seen the race yet, i'll watch a few highlights soon.

AndyGanteks

Great race,many slipups,crashes,entertaining to the end. Massa was 3rd,and Kubica finished 2nd.

Mark

And guess who's leading the driver's championship now biggrin.gif

Woo! Excellent race from what I could see of it, I was at work at the time so didn't catch all of it...I'll watch the highlights later I think. Hamilton was a lucky bugger when a few laps in that's for sure, clipping that wall n all.

Iminicus

f*cking sh*t race.

Hamilton didn't deserve the win.

pizza guy

Of course hamilton didn't deserve the race, he clipped the wall and as a result timed his 2nd pit stop to perfection, got over a 30 second lead on massa, came out of the pits and was still in the lead. Hamilton is a damned good racer, the race on Sunday proved that. Montreal may be a similar story, he did very well there last year.

!!GC!!

f*cken great race. Stupid about who won though.

The Raikkonen crash was sweet, he controlled the countered oversteer so well and was about to regain full control but was going too quick and hit that German guy, who i thought drove an awesome race and very unfortunatly retired.

When i saw the full speed, front view camera angle of it, front and rear slip angles were massive but he still kept it under control, awesome.

Mark
f*cken great race. Stupid about who won though.

The Raikkonen crash was sweet, he controlled the countered oversteer so well and was about to regain full control but was going too quick and hit that German guy, who i thought drove an awesome race and very unfortunatly retired.

When i saw the full speed, front view camera angle of it, front and rear slip angles were massive but he still kept it under control, awesome.

Not under control enough obviously. Adrian Sutil drove an excellent race, disproving those who doubted his seat at Force India, only to be taken out. Kimi really needs to stop making mistakes.

You bash Hamilton for clipping the wall....Massa went straight on at turn 1. Kimi followed a little while later and then after that ploughed into Sutil. Heikki had incidents too. The only one out of the top driver that didn't make mistakes was Robert Kubica. Unfortunately, Monaco in the wet is as random as hell, and to be fair you can't really fault Lewis because although he along with the other drivers in the top 2 teams made mistakes, he had a Senna-esque pace about him in the wet. Few people have been remembered in recent years for their greatness in the wet. The only 2 I can really commend in the last 20 years have been Ayrton Senna and Michael Schumacher. I personally see Lewis joining the club of awesome wet drivers.

!!GC!!
You bash Hamilton for clipping the wall....Massa went straight on at turn 1. Kimi followed a little while later and then after that ploughed into Sutil.

Who bashed Hamilton? Not me.

At least Massa was able to see he had locked a tyre and avoided an impact with the wall. Well recovered, i'd say.

H4milton

At least Massa was able to see he had locked a tyre and avoided an impact with the wall. Well recovered, i'd say.

Thats what makes a Massa experienced, he is better than Kimi, and moreover I heard that Ferrari is trying to sell this guy and buy Kubica.

Hamilton has a great form in Monaco,

"He's a quality driver, very strong and only 16. If he keeps this up I'm sure he will reach F1. It's something special to see a kid of his age out on the circuit. He's clearly got the right racing mentality."

Michael Schumacher, speaking about Hamilton in 2001

Hamiltons monaco form:

in 2005 he finished 1st with Formula 3

in 2006 he finised 1st in GP2 series

in 2007 he finished 2nd in F1

in 2008 he finished 1st in F1

!!GC!!

Thats what makes a Massa experienced, he is better than Kimi, and moreover I heard that Ferrari is trying to sell this guy and buy Kubica.

Yes, Massa is experienced. Are you saying Ferrari want to sell Kimi, or Massa?

If it is Kimi, then i think that it would be very silly to sell the world champion for Kubica, who is rather good, i must say, but not near the quality of Kimi.

H4milton

Yes, Massa is experienced. Are you saying Ferrari want to sell Kimi, or Massa?

If it is Kimi, then i think that it would be very silly to sell the world champion for Kubica, who is rather good, i must say, but not near the quality of Kimi.

I dont know about your F1 Broadcasting channel, but in my channel(Star sports), Steve Slater(commentatro) mentioned that, Ferrari will sell Massa and buy Kubica, and I also heard that Alonso may go to BMW next year.

!!GC!!
I dont know about your F1 Broadcasting channel, but in my channel(Star sports), Steve Slater(commentatro) mentioned that, Ferrari will sell Massa and buy Kubica, and I also heard that Alonso may go to BMW next year.

That is what i was asking. Whether they were selling Massa or Raikkonen. sarcasm.gif

Now i know, i guess.

Stefan.

Then again, aren't they still rumours? I personally never really liked Raikonnen, but I have respected him as a bloody good driver. Kubica, in my opinion, will be a future world champion. You remember that. Although, I doubt it'll happen at BMW.

!!GC!!
Although, I doubt it'll happen at BMW.

Well, they are doing really well to keep up with the main two teams, so far this season.

Stefan.

True, but I just honestly don't see anything happening for them at the moment. As good as they are, it's pretty much decided that this year will be between McLaren and Ferrari.

!!GC!!
it's pretty much decided that this year will be between McLaren and Ferrari.

Yeah, as always. And it is going to be a great battle to watch this year too, especially with Alonso out of the picture.

H4milton

Yeah, as always. And it is going to be a great battle to watch this year too, especially with Alonso out of the picture.

Hey dont forget about BMW saubers Robert Kubica,

Does anyone think that BMW will win a race this year,

I think that they will win and Kubica fo' sure.

!!GC!!

Hey dont forget about BMW saubers Robert Kubica,

Does anyone think that BMW will win a race this year,

I think that they will win and Kubica fo' sure.

Read back on the last page Eashan. I was just saying that BMW were doing really well, as well as Kubi. And, yes, im sure that Robert will win once this year.

Stefan.

Eeshan, do you care to read the last page a bit? We were saying that for the title, it's pretty much between McLaren and Ferrari. We also said that despite how good BMW are, they're still no match for McLaren and Ferrari this year. confused.gif

Brad
Eeshan, do you care to read the last page a bit? We were saying that for the title, it's pretty much between McLaren and Ferrari. We also said that despite how good BMW are, they're still no match for McLaren and Ferrari this year. confused.gif

I am pretty sure he is ok to ask a question and he doesn't have to follow the conversation flow.

To answer Eeshan's question:

Yes, I think they could win a race this year. If they catch either a Mclaren or Ferrari on a bad day, they will be able to take some places. If it's like Fuji (a wet race) then they have a very good chance of taking a win. Rain is unpredictable and you'll see lower teams competeting for a top 10 finish.

Hodgey.

If the BMW's were win to win a race this year somethin probably would have to happen to at least Hamilton, Kimi and Massa. I think if any of those guys has pretty much a perfect race BMW wont come close. Yey there great in qualiy and everythin but when it comes to race pace one section of the race always seems to let them down at the moment.

H4milton

For the title, Yes I think that Ferrari & Mclaren are Untouchables but I am in doubt for the Drivers Championship.

Stefan.

Sorry, I worded that incorrectly, I'm saying that there's no doubt about either championship now. I think Nick and Rob have a higher chance than Heikki, but it's mainly between Kimi, Lewis and Felipe. The BMWs will need to rely on those 3 to majorly screw up in order to get wins/high number of points, and need to do this on a consistent basis, if they are to have any chance of winning a championship this year. Could that happen? I doubt it.

H4milton

Hey guys, just heard the latest news that, Mika Hakkinen's house in France has burnt down,

His wife manged to flee, but his dog isnt and his trophies were also burnt to ashes.

I feel sorry for his dog more than his trophies,

I hope that they are insured.

Hodgey.
Hey guys, just heard the latest news that, Mika Hakkinen's house in France has burnt down,

His wife manged to flee, but his dog isnt and his trophies were also burnt to ashes.

Itll be alright his trophies were replicas so he could just get some more made. But as for his dog errr yey you cant rebulid or make another one of them.

Mark

Itll be alright his trophies were replicas so he could just get some more made. But as for his dog errr yey you cant rebulid or make another one of them.

Clonings come a long way you know...bit of Dog DNA...a hair in the car? Winner!

Looks like Montreal could be a good race, Ferrari as predicted aren't looking super strong after Session 2 (Session 1 was mainly wet with few doing any laps so really it was a waste of time) so it should be pretty close Quali and Race...Massa unfortunately not setting any times at the end of the session due to a glitch causing him to park the car mid-way round the track (anyone see how f*cking thick the Marshalls were that moved his car afterwards? I hope they don't park their own cars like that). BMW are looking pretty strong from what I can see, so Q3 should be as exciting as Q2 usually is for deciding the mid-field.

Race? I'd love Lewis to do it, but I have a feeling the Ferrari's race pace is just too strong this year in total.

Could be a strong outcome for RBR too.