• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Jay

• Mark

• Redketman

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Look how happy he his with that pole...  

John Surtees just died, what a legend he was. Only person to become world champion in formula one and on bikes, big respect for that.

The new Red Bull RB11's dad has obviously mated with a zebra.    

Testarossa

Algarve is a phenomenal track, I hope it returns sometime in the future.

Edited by Testarossa
  • 1 month later...
Lonely-Martin

Wow! That from Grosjean was one hell of a scary crash. Glad he got out of that one! Completely tore the car in half and blew up like a bomb. Lucky man.

https://mobile.twitter.com/tancredipalmeri/status/1333053063117103105?ref_src=twsrc^google|twcamp^serp|twgr^tweet

Edited by Lonely-Martin
Added link.
  • Bruh 1
Halal Cyborg
3 hours ago, Lonely-Martin said:

Wow! That from Grosjean was one hell of a scary crash. Glad he got out of that one! Completely tore the car in half and blew up like a bomb. Lucky man.

https://mobile.twitter.com/tancredipalmeri/status/1333053063117103105?ref_src=twsrc^google|twcamp^serp|twgr^tweet

How did he survive that??? He even walked away...it’s crazy 

I guess it’s why they’re paid so much...still so dangerous 

apparently he burned his hands and ankles 

• Like 1

Horrifying, horrifying. I was almost shaking when I saw that live, especially F1 cutting away from the shot for a few minutes which normally isn't a good sign. The fact he was conscious and could get out of the car saved his live. Glad he is relatively okay. 

• Like 3
Halal Cyborg
1 minute ago, GTAJip said:

Horrifying, horrifying. I was almost shaking when I saw that live, especially F1 cutting away from the shot for a few minutes which normally isn't a good sign. The fact he was conscious and could get out of the car saved his live. Glad he is relatively okay. 

I’ve been trying to find out how he’s doing...like is this career ending I wonder?

• Like 1
Just now, Halal Cyborg said:

I’ve been trying to find out how he’s doing...like is this career ending I wonder?

Well he was probably retiring from F1 after this season anyway. Still don't know what his state is, he was having some burn marks and possibly broking ribs. He's in the hospital now, but such a heavy impact like that has to have some ramifications. 

• Like 1
Halal Cyborg
9 minutes ago, GTAJip said:

Well he was probably retiring from F1 after this season anyway. Still don't know what his state is, he was having some burn marks and possibly broking ribs. He's in the hospital now, but such a heavy impact like that has to have some ramifications. 

It was his last season with his current team but I didn’t know he was retiring? 🤔 

• Like 1
11 minutes ago, Halal Cyborg said:

It was his last season with his current team but I didn’t know he was retiring? 🤔 

Yeah very high chance, from F1 anyway. 

• Like 1
Lonely-Martin
1 hour ago, Halal Cyborg said:

How did he survive that??? He even walked away...it’s crazy 

I guess it’s why they’re paid so much...still so dangerous 

apparently he burned his hands and ankles 

41 minutes ago, GTAJip said:

When I saw the clip of how he escaped that I was just amazed, especially considering how tucked into those cars drivers are and the halo now which they were saying was a contribution to saving him too. Really looked like one of those awful one's from a past era.

Credit to the safety car guy getting straight in there too.

I heard them mention potential broken ribs and some burns, but if anything it's probably a mental thing now too. Does he want to get back into things after that? I know I'd be seriously thinking about things after that for sure.

• Like 2
2 hours ago, Lonely-Martin said:

When I saw the clip of how he escaped that I was just amazed, especially considering how tucked into those cars drivers are and the halo now which they were saying was a contribution to saving him too. Really looked like one of those awful one's from a past era.

Credit to the safety car guy getting straight in there too.

I heard them mention potential broken ribs and some burns, but if anything it's probably a mental thing now too. Does he want to get back into things after that? I know I'd be seriously thinking about things after that for sure.

He just put out a video from the hospital, he was smiling and had some bandage. Nothing broking or anything, so that is good news. Only one night for observation and then I think he is already good to go, amazing to see after you see how big that crash was. There already was a 5% chance he would've gotten a F1 seat next year if he wants to continue, but like you said, the man has 3 kids, he's going to call it a day after today. 

• Like 2
Lonely-Martin
36 minutes ago, GTAJip said:

He just put out a video from the hospital, he was smiling and had some bandage. Nothing broking or anything, so that is good news. Only one night for observation and then I think he is already good to go, amazing to see after you see how big that crash was. There already was a 5% chance he would've gotten a F1 seat next year if he wants to continue, but like you said, the man has 3 kids, he's going to call it a day after today. 

That really is great news indeed. Still can't believe how lucky he was to walk away from that.

• Like 1
marciorafaelop

It’s sad that this was probably his last race in F1. It’s incredible how the only injury he has are on the hands.

Glad he’s fine, can’t imagine the scary time his family had.

• Like 2
Testarossa

I was very shocked when I first saw it, was in a chat with a few friends and F1 TV is a few seconds behind, someone posted "FIRE" and I was confused until 2 seconds later when the car hit the barrier and exploded. I thought I had watched someone die, and the fact they didn't show the aftermath for a few minutes felt off, my heart was pretty much pounding all the time, it looked like it came out of the 1970s.

I'm glad Romain only managed to get minor burn injuries, if it were not for the halo I don't think he would have lived. Huge respects to the medical team as well for acting quickly on the situation.

• Like 2
Testarossa

Ocon isn't in the Merc programme anymore, Russell is likely but Williams might still need him, Vandoorne is travelling to Bahrain after completing the FE pre-season tests, Hulkenberg could be an option.

Who knows, it's definitely something to think about. Hope Lewis gets well soon.

Testarossa

George Russell to replace Hamilton at Mercedes for Sakhir Grand Prix | Formula 1®

Mick Schumacher to race for Haas in 2021 as famous surname returns to F1 grid | Formula 1®

YES GEORGE

Incredibly excited he gets the opportunity to drive a much faster car this weekend, I'm guessing Mercedes are also happy to get more data on him if he's their long term goal.

Also glad to see the Schumacher name back on the grid, Mick is a really talented driver from what I can tell by his performance in F2. I bet his dad would be proud.

Haven't posted here in a while.

What a load of emotions. George DEFINITELY deserved the victory. He had it. TWO times. Lost once by his team failing, and secondly by sheer bad luck with the puncture. My dad was gutted, he really wanted him to win. It would have been epic. Going from the worst car to the best and nailing a victory at the very first chance. It would have shown that Mercedes doesn't necessarily rely on Hamilton, but now I see why people boast the #blessed. Either way, Checo really needed this. Wonder whatever BS excuse Red Bull will use if they still feel Albon is worthy of their second seat. Bottas is a f*cking disaster, got crushed by a kid who barely knows the car. Still more bad luck for Verstappen, fifth DNF of the season. Ferrari keeps f*cking with Seb.

And I want to say it now because I didn't post last week, but I am so glad Romain is ok. I will never forget last week's race, and that crash. I just didn't feel calm until that race was over. Had goosebumps even when watching it a second time on YouTube. That was wild.

Edited by Nico
  • Like 2
Testarossa

lots of mixed emotions, extremely gutted for George but incredibly happy for Checo getting a win after all these years. what a race. wow.

• Like 1
Edmachine

Had such high hopes for Russell (and 10 EUR on his victory). As the man himself said, absolutely gutted. Couldn't believe the horrific luck Mercedes had this race. Of course, very happy for Checo, well deserved victory. It's always nice to see how the first time victors take their time on the podium to take it all in and reflect, like Gasly in Monza, for example. Shame Perez had to celebrate with Sprite or rosewater, though, haha.

I think this has been the most exciting (and roller-coaster-y) race this season. The overtakes from Russell, Perez's climb from P18 to P1, VER and LEC out in turn 4 (that was kinda disappointing, though), Merc's "colossal f*ck-up", to quote Toto on live TV... Crazy!

• Like 1
Testarossa

This season overall has been crazy, it doesn't feel real. If you would've told me 10 months ago that the season would start in July, race on classic tracks, have three drivers fall ill due to a deadly virus, have unlikely race winners, etc. I would've assumed you were mad. There's so much stuff to talk about when looking back at this year. 

• Like 2
Edmachine

Haha, it's the first time I've spotted a vandalised Wiki page before it's been fixed! Link

During a late safety car period Mercedes decided to completely shift Russell on not only his first win, but his first points finish as well by bringing him for a pit stop even though everybody behind was on older tires and Russell was much faster. As a consequence of their late call the team fitted tires belonging to his teammate, Russell had to pit again to receive his correct tires dropping him from 1st to 5th. After the safety car period he worked his way back up to 2nd and was catching Perez before Mercedes activated the self destruct button on his tires causing a puncture to the right rear as they could not have the substitute driver beating Hamilton's wingman on his debut race.

• KEKW 1
éX-Driver

It frustrates me how both fans and the FIA have gone out of their way to punish Racing Point for their ingenious strategy for this year’s car. The spirit of F1 is doing what it takes to succeed, and do so as efficiently as possible. RP did so stunningly. Punishing them and forbidding their actions is the antithesis of the sport. Had we applied the “cannot copy rival designs” logic in the past, cars would still be trellis frame front-engined roadsters with wire wheels and no wings. And before anyone says “well RP just traced the design, that’s unprecedented”, I point you to the Williams FW07. By Frank’s own admission it was simply a 1:1 copy of a Lotus 79, and with it his team dominated both championships in 1980 and won the constructor’s in 1981. Indeed, look at the McLaren M23 which was for all intents and purposes a Lotus 72 evolution. The M23 itself swept 3 championships. There were no complaints then, because there’s nothing wrong with following the rules in a way any other rival could’ve and winning. And there was nothing wrong this year when RP followed the spirit of their kindred customer-team ancestors.

I fear unilaterally banning ‘traced designs’ sets a dangerous precedent where every car will be picked over with a fine-toothed comb by rival teams to try and find some similarity they can complain to the FIA about and potentially get a rival punished. It will cause teams to be far more cautious in designing their cars, and will in effect lock in advantageous innovations because rival teams are forbidden from copying it to close ground.

Edited by éX-Driver