3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

2. Forum Support

3. Site Suggestions

David.

Official F1 Topic

H4milton
Hamilton wasnt aimin for kimi at all, its just one of those things that happened he had a lapse of concentration and he hit kimi cos he turned left tryin to miss both kimi and Kubica but unfortunatley he hit the back of kimi. As for the 10 place drop at france i see it as a bit harsh especially for Nico aswell as he didnt take anyone out of the race.

And how has Vettel survived without apenalty for cuttin the last 's bend' twice so he wold stay ahead!

Thats what I've been tryin to say, Hamilton did not do that for a purpose.It was an accident

Hodgey.
Hamilton wasnt aimin for kimi at all, its just one of those things that happened he had a lapse of concentration and he hit kimi cos he turned left tryin to miss both kimi and Kubica but unfortunatley he hit the back of kimi. As for the 10 place drop at france i see it as a bit harsh especially for Nico aswell as he didnt take anyone out of the race.

And how has Vettel survived without apenalty for cuttin the last 's bend' twice so he wold stay ahead!

Thats what I've been tryin to say, Hamilton did not do that for a purpose.It was an accident

Of course it was a accident if te race carried on as it was goin lets face it Hamilton would of won pretty easily. And extended the WC gap so why would he want to crash into Kimi and risk himself retiring and Kimi bein able to continue in the race.

!!GC!!

Stop trying to have the last word, both of you. You both agree with each other so leave it.

It was a good race, great outcome 'cos its good to get some new faces on the podium.

Just unfortunate about the accident.

Mark

Personally, the whole Safteycar+pitstop rule needs to be sorted out. Closing the pitlane, whilst I understand the meaning of it (to stop any cars infront of the safety car bolting into the pit to take their stop in a situation where the cars need to be controlled at a safe speed) it's penalising people randomly by forcing them to either run out of fuerl or have a penalty. Same goes for closing the pitlane exit when the saftey car train goes past...which is what caused the accident at Montreal in the 1st place. If that light wasn't there, there'd probably have been no accident at all. Whilst having cars at full pelt out the pits approaching a slow safety car train isn't ideal, they're all professional enough to sort themselves out surely? Have a cut-off line at the end of the pitlane exit, after that they have to fit into the train of cars at wherever they are by that point.

H4milton
Personally, the whole Safteycar+pitstop rule needs to be sorted out. Closing the pitlane, whilst I understand the meaning of it (to stop any cars infront of the safety car bolting into the pit to take their stop in a situation where the cars need to be controlled at a safe speed) it's penalising people randomly by forcing them to either run out of fuerl or have a penalty. Same goes for closing the pitlane exit when the saftey car train goes past...which is what caused the accident at Montreal in the 1st place. If that light wasn't there, there'd probably have been no accident at all. Whilst having cars at full pelt out the pits approaching a slow safety car train isn't ideal, they're all professional enough to sort themselves out surely? Have a cut-off line at the end of the pitlane exit, after that they have to fit into the train of cars at wherever they are by that point.

Thats IT, Somehow we need to Mail this to Max Mosely smile.gif

Hodgey.
Stop trying to have the last word, both of you. You both agree with each other so leave it.

It was a good race, great outcome 'cos its good to get some new faces on the podium.

Who said we were, we were just talkin about the race as this is a F1 topic and that is what its used for.

As for Max Mosely, Eeshan he wont have any power anymore soon after everythin he has done to the sport. Waste of money and space in the FIA.

H4milton

As for Max Mosely, Eeshan he wont have any power anymore soon after everythin he has done to the sport. Waste of money and space in the FIA.

And dont frgt the stupid rules too.

Mark

Damn f*cking vote of confidence. I think the Formula One Administration should break away from the FIA like ADAC did. Some idiotical bloke who's into nazi spanking fetishes should not be in charge of such a powerful organisation...mind you I never liked the guy before the whole allegations so I sure as hell don't now.

As a result, don't mail Max, he's not worth it, even if he is staying in charge for the mo.

It's mad that F1, being a top headlining sport, is still redefining it's rules all the time still, especially when you compare it to nearly every other sport which has had pre-set rules for years. Sure the cars change over time but for f*cks sake.

Stefan.

I nearly pissed myself when i heard about what happened with Max. What a f*cking knob. tounge.gif

!!GC!!

Who said we were

I did.

I like the rule set and the end of last season about having no traction control. It brings out the best in the drivers as they cannot rely on the TC to keep them from sliding everywhere.

When i heard about it, i couldn't wait for this season to start to see how they'd do.

Hodgey.

Who said we were

I did.

I like the rule set and the end of last season about having no traction control. It brings out the best in the drivers as they cannot rely on the TC to keep them from sliding everywhere.

When i heard about it, i couldn't wait for this season to start to see how they'd do.

Whats TC got to do with anythin?

Brad

Who said we were

I did.

Formula One? Cars?

Renault are gonna rely on these two races.

!!GC!!

Who said we were

I did.

Mark said something about redefining the rules so i continued on that point and stated my opinion about that.

And as Brad said, it has got to do with the Formula One cars, this is the Formula One topic after all.

H4milton

TC or Electronic Traction Control is a special ddriving aid for the F1 drivers, with TC enabled, drivers can fully throttle without spinning. If you play a sim racing game, turn off TC and if you press full throttle at once ur car will spin like ball. Likewise, the f1 driivers also dont uses MAX throttle at the end of a turn also not from the start of the race.

Thats what I think

Hodgey.

TC or Electronic Traction Control is a special ddriving aid for the F1 drivers, with TC enabled, drivers can fully throttle without spinning. If you play a sim racing game, turn off TC and if you press full throttle at once ur car will spin like ball. Likewise, the f1 driivers also dont uses MAX throttle at the end of a turn also not from the start of the race.

Thats what I think

I know what TC is Eeshan i was just wonderin why he brought the subject of TC up thats all. As for TC im glad they took it out i mean if you cant drive without TC in F1 you shouldnt of been there in the first place. But to the better drivers in F1 i cant really see that its effected them that much.

Mark

TCS was brought in cause it was natural progression. Most modern driver aids were originally created and testing in the F1 racing scene.

And to be fair, 760bhp+ and 600kg? I'd not like to try driving one of them on the limit, for fear of writing the car off.

H4milton

I know what TC is Eeshan i was just wonderin why he brought the subject of TC up thats all. As for TC im glad they took it out i mean if you cant drive without TC in F1 you shouldnt of been there in the first place. But to the better drivers in F1 i cant really see that its effected them that much.

I dont know exactly, but as the years are going on, the cars are more slower.

notice that, most of the track records were set in 2004.

Look, I updated my sig

user posted image

And hows the Screenshot, Its the Ferrari 2007 in rFactor

Edited by Eeshan

Hodgey.

I dont know exactly, but as the years are going on, the cars are more slower.

notice that, most of the track records were set in 2004.

Look, I updated my sig

user posted image

And hows the Screenshot, Its the Ferrari 2007 in rFactor

Yor forgettin though Eeshan that in 2004 they had V10's as well as TC, nowadays they only have V8 engines without TC so obviously no track records from 2004 are gonna be beaten.

Mark

Slower cars = Safer, (in theory) more chances of overtaking, and cheaper to produce. The latter point is vital to the sports survival.

Same with having customer cars...without it, most of the back of the field wouldn't exist. Bye bye Red Bull, Torro Rosso, Force India etc.

Hodgey.
Slower cars = Safer, (in theory) more chances of overtaking, and cheaper to produce. The latter point is vital to the sports survival.

Same with having customer cars...without it, most of the back of the field wouldn't exist. Bye bye Red Bull, Torro Rosso, Force India etc.

Yey i agree with you, but for customer cars i wouldnt mind seein them gone either. Not right away of course as we would lose some great teams but i think it would just make racin more fun and make a difference to some cars that run very similar. Obviously it would take years to change 5 at least but at least we get a wider range of cars.

!!GC!!

That's why there is A1GP, same cars, same engines, all down to driver skill and use of power boosts.

Hodgey.

That's why there is A1GP, same cars, same engines, all down to driver skill and use of power boosts.

A1GP isnt all that good in my opion its pretty borin. Sprint Rce and normal race WTF? Just have one race guys, then the power boost button, please this aint a video game.

H4milton

What same cars and same engines, No no no, Game cheetah

I heard on a TV, that, they use a boost button to increase the RPM (maybe), that interview was on China, a man said(engineer or mechanical head or something i dont know) Formula 1 has massive budgets, comparing with them, In China A1GP can do about 280 pr 290KM and F1 Can easily do 330-340KM

Jay

Go Webrar!

I'm being facetious, but I'd <3 to see that happen before Webrar slinks away into F1 obscurity in the next few years.

!!GC!!

I heard on a TV, that, they use a boost button to increase the RPM (maybe), that interview was on China, a man said(engineer or mechanical head or something i dont know) Formula 1 has massive budgets, comparing with them, In China A1GP can do about 280 pr 290KM and F1 Can easily do 330-340KM

I never said A1GP had faster cars than F1, of course F1 would smash them, im not denying that, but someone said that slower cars = safer cars and Hodgey said that he would like to see cars with equal speeds cos it'll be more exciting, then he said that A1 is annoying and boring. sh*t, i cant win with you guys aye.

Why did you say, 'same cars, same engines, no no no'?

They do have the same engines, they are allowed to make modifications to body kit but nothing to the engine so they have the same speeds.

And its CH33TA, not cheetah, thanks.

Hodgey.

I never said A1GP had faster cars than F1, of course F1 would smash them, im not denying that, but someone said that slower cars = safer cars and Hodgey said that he would like to see cars with equal speeds cos it'll be more exciting, then he said that A1 is annoying and boring. sh*t, i cant win with you guys aye.

Why did you say, 'same cars, same engines, no no no'?

They do have the same engines, they are allowed to make modifications to body kit but nothing to the engine so they have the same speeds.

And its CH33TA, not cheetah, thanks.

Im not tryin to be a dick, but i dont want each car to have the same speed and same engines and chasis like A1GP, i just said i wanted them to be more competive (I perhaps shouldnt of used the word SIMILAR my bad). As then we wouldnt know whos gonna win from week to week. We all know its either Mclaren or Ferrari, perhaps BMW every now and again cos from thos three teams downwards there is a pretty big gap.

H4milton

Oh. NOOO

Lewis received a 10 Place penalty, for backstabbing Raikkonen.

One thing still buggers me, that is, why didnt Raikknonen received the penalty, when he bumped to Sutil in Monaco..

Man, 10 Place is harssh

Go Webrar!

I'm being facetious, but I'd <3 to see that happen before Webrar slinks away into F1 obscurity in the next few years.

I dont get this. mercie_blink.gifmercie_blink.gifdontgetit.gifdontgetit.gif

Edited by Eeshan

Stefan.
Go Webrar!

I dont get this. mercie_blink.gifmercie_blink.gifdontgetit.gifdontgetit.gif

He's talking about Mark Webber. Also, if you don't understand anything, why quote it? There's nothing wrong with what he said, you just need to be more literate.

Oh, and by the way, they decided to give him the 10 place penalty the day after the race, so it's not new news (mind the pun).

!!GC!!
One thing still buggers me, that is, why didnt Raikknonen received the penalty, when he bumped to Sutil in Monaco..

Probabaly because Hamiltons was a little more avoidable. Sure, he swerved, but he shouldn't have been going that fast.

Kimi was obviously trying to slow down and get his car under control but it is dangerous to slam on your brakes while fish tailing like that. He did well IMO, unfortunate that Hamilton got the penalty though.

Hodgey.
Oh. NOOO

Lewis received a 10 Place penalty, for backstabbing Raikkonen.

Man, 10 Place is harssh

Have you only just heard about this they confirmed it a couple of days after the Canadian GP, Rosberg has a ten place penalty aswell for shuntin Hamilton. Which seems harser to me as Rosberg didnt take anyoneout of the race.