Quantcast
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!   (84,655 visits to this link)

2. News

1. GTA Online

1. Find Lobbies & Players
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Vehicles
      4. Content Creator
      5. Help & Support
    2. Crews

1. Events
      2. Recruitment
    1. Grand Theft Auto Series

2. GTA Next

3. GTA V

1. PC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    4. GTA IV

1. Episodes from Liberty City
      2. Multiplayer
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
      5. GTA Mods
    5. GTA Chinatown Wars

6. GTA Vice City Stories

7. GTA Liberty City Stories

8. GTA San Andreas

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    9. GTA Vice City

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    10. GTA III

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    11. Top Down Games

1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    12. Wiki

1. Merchandising
    1. GTA Modding

1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Mod Showroom

1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    3. Featured Mods

1. DYOM
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

2. Red Dead Redemption

3. Rockstar Games

1. Off-Topic

1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Programming
      5. Movies & TV
      6. Music
      7. Sports
      8. Vehicles
    2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

David.

Official F1 Topic

Tchuck

I can see that, but I wonder if they coudn't have blended it into the overall design of the car better... I've seen some more interesting designs around, like for example:

A7hnnzE.jpg

Or

Q8TSQjB.jpg

QmUpWU2.jpg

elfoam

That secret rear diffuser on the Ferrari works like a boss :0

Triple Vacuum Seal

ffs Haas can't catch a break for sh*t.

Eutyphro

At least they had some serious pace while they were still going. Possibly 4# team in the longer run this season.

elfoam

At least they had some serious pace while they were still going. Possibly 4# team in the longer run this season.

I honestly can't see any difference between it and the 2017 Ferrari so it will be good for the first half a season but other than engine power it wont get any upgrades through the year. It will be behind Mclaren and Renault if not more before the seasons end.

GTA_CAT

Do you think Fernando Alonso is cursed since few years ago? Damn it was my favourite pilot but I stopped watching F1 after Grosjean made him probably lose the 2012 championship. Since that he has been so unlucky...

Eutyphro

I honestly can't see any difference between it and the 2017 Ferrari so it will be good for the first half a season but other than engine power it wont get any upgrades through the year. It will be behind Mclaren and Renault if not more before the seasons end.

From what I've read Mclaren and Renault are pretty pissed off currently due to how Haas went from an incredible sh*t car to a pretty pacy one, and even want an investigation into it. They're pretty bad losers imho.

Crokey

The thing is with Haas, they did the same sort of thing in American Moonshine Circle Racing (aka NASCAR), they started out fairly average, and now have a good team and set up that wins things. Due to that, they've got a bit of a headstart on setting up a racing team, so I wouldn't be surprised if they develop quite quickly.

FukNRekd

The thing is with Haas, they did the same sort of thing in American Moonshine Circle Racing (aka NASCAR), they started out fairly average, and now have a good team and set up that wins things. Due to that, they've got a bit of a headstart on setting up a racing team, so I wouldn't be surprised if they develop quite quickly.

Gene Haas has always been like that. He never has liked playing catch up.

I remember back in the mid 80's when HAAS' first came out. Fadal fanbois all LOLed at them. Withing a couple of years they made a huge cut into Fadals customer base.

They're leaders in the industry for their class. They're not Moris or Mazaks but they do almost the same work for less than half the price.

I was so excited when they started F1. Hope they can compete this year.

Nico
Posted (edited)

I f*cking hate how the FIA and Liberty Media are so unwilling to control Mercedes. This "party mode" situation is so f*cking stupid. Ferrari and Red Bull had to constantly avoid the stones that were thrown by the FIA in their paths when they were ahead of everyone, yet Mercedes is free to do whatever they want. They must be really frightened by the fact that Mercedes could leave F1 in the next years, otherwise I don't see why they would give them such a big free pass for everything.

They aren't fooling anyone, in qualy they were nearly 1 second faster than Seb. They only lost the race because of the Haas debacle and the subsequent SC, and also because Albert Park is a fairly narrow track. Call me a joy killer but I don't really see a fight for the championship this year despite Ferrari's victory. Bottas will keep f*cking things up and further proving that Nico wasn't precisely Lewis' bitch as many people pointed out prior to 2016.

Edited by Nico

Triple Vacuum Seal
Posted (edited)

Bottas takes a lot of sh*t for his performance. He's certainly no Rosberg or Hamilton. But if Hamilton had anyone better, then it would be even more unfair.

Though I'm not very optimistic about them finishing in the top 5 this year, their pace has certainly improved a lot. I guess it's too early to call. A 4th 5th finish last week would have been critical for the points.

Edited by Triple Vacuum Seal

elfoam
Posted (edited)

I f*cking hate how the FIA and Liberty Media are so unwilling to control Mercedes. This "party mode" situation is so f*cking stupid. Ferrari and Red Bull had to constantly avoid the stones that were thrown by the FIA in their paths when they were ahead of everyone, yet Mercedes is free to do whatever they want. They must be really frightened by the fact that Mercedes could leave F1 in the next years, otherwise I don't see why they would give them such a big free pass for everything.

They aren't fooling anyone, in qualy they were nearly 1 second faster than Seb. They only lost the race because of the Haas debacle and the subsequent SC, and also because Albert Park is a fairly narrow track. Call me a joy killer but I don't really see a fight for the championship this year despite Ferrari's victory. Bottas will keep f*cking things up and further proving that Nico wasn't precisely Lewis' bitch as many people pointed out prior to 2016.

The thing about "party mode" is that's just running the engine in a full state of tune. If you were racing in a normal car racing series where you can rebuilt the engine every race you run it at optimal spark advance all the time. In F1 because they engines have to last ... I dunno but it's well over 1000km at 1000hp you have to run them turned down quite a bit and the better your engine is the more you can turn it down and still stay in front. The is all Merc do, the problem for everyone else is when they turn it up.. being the best engine it's a lot faster. That Merc is a very complex car right now and I doubt it has much improvement left in it over the course of the year, the Ferrari is much more simplistic and has much more development left in it so Ferarri SHOULD be able to gain on Merc quite quickly even if they have to copy parts from the Merc (like Merc and especially Red Bull did last year), the Red Bull was almost a 2017 Ferrari by the end of last season :p Getting the first win was a good break for Ferrari because now they have until after China to make some speed on the car without it bothering the championship. Plus Bottas is down a gearbox already so chances are he's taking a big penalty before the year is out so that's a plus for the manufacturers championship Ferrari's way (they have a real chance of that this year imho).

As for Hass I think they will finish behind McLaren and Renault buy the end of the year but that will still be a good effort.

Edited by elfoam

Inttelix

I love Lewis I dont care about you haters. He is a very good driver and Ferrari had a decent lifespan with many victories for years, Schumacher dismantled any chance Mika Hakkinen had with a mercedes engine or anyone who came after that. So Ferrari had its good share of victories, as with Williams and McLaren who are now decadent. Let Mercedes win now. Enough red cars in the grid those who watched every single win of schumacher know what I am talking about.