another black screen problem

kaktuz

hay, i have beated gta:vc over 50% and now im getting this black screen problem when i load a new game. i have tried this, but it doesn't help. it helps when i delete .set file from savegames for one load time, but black screen comes back when i load a new game again and i have to close vc and delete .set again. icon13.gif

im running on vista

I had this problem before. Have you modded the game? And I find Vista is mostly the problem, may be fixed for Sp1.

The way I fixed it was, I had to Reinstall the OS, But it still happened, so I downgraded to XP, And this problem no longer happened.

And I had tried for ages, tried fixes, etc, but still didn't work. So thats why I downgraded to XP icon14.gif

im not going to downgrade to xp for vice city :S

i reinstalled THE GAME, but it didn't help.

im not going to downgrade to xp for vice city :S

i reinstalled THE GAME, but it didn't help.

Then try reinstalling the OS. Thats all I know, also please post your specs? You do have 1gb of ram or more, and a 128mb video card or more. If you don't, then thats most likely the problem.

2gm ram and videocard has 512mb memory. im going to live with my problem if only way to fix this is to reinstall os :S

Do you have a nVidia Geforce 8500 GT? That may be the problem, I had that card, and I had the same problem as you.