MAD TV or SNL?

Slamman

I was just watching Mad Tv moments ago where they joked about SNL having to get off the air mimicing the reality shows we are bombarded with.. Survivor of course, being a parody in GTA as well and Big Brother.

Just prior to that closing of the show, a skit called Montel Chilliams where talk show host Montel lights up and can't help but start to groove.... anyway, I was laughing more then any SNL in recent memory... Good stuff!!

Don Garcia aka NjNakedSnake
Well, looking at the title of this topic, I'd have to go Mad TV but SNL is just so much better now, but only because Mad TV lost all it's veterans.

I have never liked MAD TV. And SNL has been on the decline for a while.

I prefer The Soup on E! for my weekly fix of comedy.

donsalvatore
I have never liked MAD TV. And SNL has been on the decline for a while.

I prefer The Soup on E! for my weekly fix of comedy.

I like The Soup and MadTV icon14.gif

TheDude5000

I love MadTV. It was at it's height from 1995-2000, and in 2003-2006 it was really good again, but lately I've heard it's gone back downhill. SNL in the 90's is great too, though now it's just ok I guess. Both are great shows.

user posted image

G MONEY $$$

MADtv used to be good. They really changed things up with this new season and I think it all sucks. Personally I think both shows have been garbage for years now. I mean there are some funny sketches for sure, but they're just not consistent enough to actually make the shows good. I did however think that tonight's SNL was one of the better ones in recent memory. It's really hit or miss though, everyone has a different sense of humour and I guess that's what it comes down to. These shows can't appeal to everyone all the time.

Guybrush Threepwood
I'll take Lazytown over both of those any time of day.
Goon_Sig.jpg

G MONEY $$$
I'll take Lazytown over both of those any time of day.

Only if you're really high.

Guybrush Threepwood

High on love for pink-haired girls singing songs with puppets.

If that bitch isn't whacked on ritalin, I'm calling it a sham.

Goon_Sig.jpg

With Montel Chilliams, they need to keep it going, there's so much topic there, and someone should parody Maury Povich show, that is about as bad as Jerry Springer ever was!

MadTV was the absolute best back from 1995-1998. SNL has won the hearts of most audiences tho. My dad still tells me times him and his buddies in College would turn it on at parties and they would be drunk off their ass laughing at it. SNL has had an amazing group of cast members that have come and gone, and most of them are very successful. But in all truth, I grew up with MadTV in my teenage years. and I loved it.
user posted image

I agree like most others when it comes to Mad TV, it was funny as sh*t back in the mid 90's to late 90's, but now like most shows, has turned to sh*t. SNL isn't even that great too, but was hilarious in the 80's and 90's, but I guess thats just how some things are. oh well...

Don Garcia aka NjNakedSnake

SNL has been going for damn near 20 more years than Mad TV has so it's almost unfair to compare their legacies. Look who they have...

SNL:

Chris Farley

Michael Myers

David Spade

Chris Rock

Dennis Miller

Phil Hartman

Will Ferrell

Dana Carvey

Adam Sandler

Bill Murray

Chevy Chase

Martin Short

Julia Louis-Dreyfuss

Kevin Nealon

Eddie Murphy

Rob Schneider

Tim Meadows

Molly Shannon

Norm MacDonald

Cheri Oteri

Darrel Hammond

Maya Rudolph

Tracy Morgan

Jimmy Fallon

Tina Fey

Amy Poehler

Will Forte

Andy Samberg

Bill Hader

Mad TV:

Michael McDonald

Will Sasso

Mo Collins

Nicole Sullivan

Artie Lange

Phil LaMarr

Aries Spears

Debra Wilson

Bobby Lee

Frank Caliendo

Ike Barinholtz

SNL just trumps Mad, TRUMPS I SAY! My favorite SNL period was the 90s, Myers, Farley, Spade, Rock, Miller, Sandler.

SNL in its glory days. Mad TV had a few good episodes. Back in the days of miss Swan. None of yall wouldn't have any of this tish, if it weren't for SCTV!

It's gotta be SNL for me still, I just wasn't comfortable with the changes MadTV made, but I do love me some Coach Hines. biggrin.gif

Mad TV was NEVER funny. They've had decent bits, but as a whole, completely unfunny. I'm surprised that it's still on. Comedy Central plays reruns all the f*cking time, and I hate it.

4XEtraA.jpg

Mad TV was NEVER funny. They've had decent bits, but as a whole, completely unfunny. I'm surprised that it's still on. Comedy Central plays reruns all the f*cking time, and I hate it.

I know! They took off old school SNL...for MadTV. WTF. I don't get it. I hope it's just because a contract ran out or something.

And like Moonshield said, MadTV had some decent bits, but wasn't ever, and still isn't that funny of a show. Ms. Swan? He looka like a man? That wasn't funny half way through the first skit, let alone the countless others they've made.

SNL, although going down and down.... and down with every new cast, it still better, which shows just how bad MadTV is, seeing as how the current SNL is good for a few chuckes here and there. Now the seasons with Sandler, Farley, Spade, Farrell, Meadows, Myers, sh*t even Sherry O'teri... those were the best. Ever. Period. I guess it's kind of hard to get a good show with out comedians as great as them though.

Picolini is now Pico

user posted image

I know! They took off old school SNL...for MadTV. WTF. I don't get it. I hope it's just because a contract ran out or something.

And like Moonshield said, MadTV had some decent bits, but wasn't ever, and still isn't that funny of a show. Ms. Swan? He looka like a man? That wasn't funny half way through the first skit, let alone the countless others they've made.

SNL, although going down and down.... and down with every new cast, it still better, which shows just how bad MadTV is, seeing as how the current SNL is good for a few chuckes here and there. Now the seasons with Sandler, Farley, Spade, Farrell, Meadows, Myers, sh*t even Sherry O'teri... those were the best. Ever. Period. I guess it's kind of hard to get a good show with out comedians as great as them though.

even way back in the 70's SNL was phenominal. Dan Akroid (sp?) chevy chase bill murray? now there's a cast! But the early-mid nintey's were amazing. As for mad TV, i've never been a big fan, but i don't really pin it on the actors. I think the writer's just suck horribly. Like picolini and moonshield have said they have had bits that were'nt horrible, but that type of humor just doesn't really appeal to me. I guess it's just geared toward a different audience. It's almost like SNL only lacking the intellectual humor.

Well, looking at the title of this topic, I'd have to go Mad TV but SNL is just so much better now, but only because Mad TV lost all it's veterans.

^^^^^

true. sort of. Although, SNL is always funny (weekend update wins all).

SNL ftw.

Napalm Jason

I was always a huge fan of Madtv and the way they just trash the popular culture in America. I always thought their ethnically diverse cast helped their sketches be a little more funny and less one-dimensional.

user posted image

DEATH. METAL.

donsalvatore

There aren't enough skits on SNL, but with MadTv it's all skits inlove.gif

There aren't enough skits on SNL, but with MadTv it's all skits inlove.gif

I kinda agree, especially nowadays. Who wants to see Carrie Underwood perform that stupid man-hating song of her's anyways?

SCTV ftw!

Also Fridays!

Gooood sheeeiiitt!!!!!!

Real early SNL still totally rules though.

"Little chocolate donuts"

R.I.P. Johnny B. cryani.gif

38773_s.gif

tuff_luv_capo

Jimmy Falon, Tina Fet, and that ugly Rachael thing?

Ew. Give me MadTV anyday.

Edited by Tuff Luv Capo

• 1 User Currently Viewing
    0 members, 0 Anonymous, 1 Guest

Important Information

By using GTAForums.com, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.