The tree of horror!

SinceYouPutItThatWay

SinceYouPutItThatWay

Please lock if allready posted. There are so many treads and I could not find anything relating to this pic.

Have a look at this tree:

user posted image

I dont really care much for graphics... gameplay, freedom and satirical humor is what GTA is all about, but still i think this pic deserves a discussion, considering the sheer ugliness of this tree. Still, they will probably fix it before the release.

It will be fun to compare the actual game with all these "glitches" in the preview pics. I bet we will be amazed, even though the game is all hyped up lol smile.gif

Let the flaming begin ph34r.gif

Cant see R* leavin that tree in especially when a cop can walk through it. I have no doubt that by time the game is released this will be sorted to some degree.

Shall I tell you why...?

It's because we are not seeing this scene in motion. Trust me. Watch this scene in full motion and you will see a big difference...

Has it ever occured to you that maybe Screenshots don't accurately show what Rockstar's new RAGE engine does for the trees...

E.X

I've got to admit, it looks sh*t man. I just hope that they will fix it before release like u said. biggrin.gif

A tree that grew in a police officer - ahaha, that's hilarious - the thought of it.

There is quite a bit of things wrong with that tree...

I know this game isnt about graphics, but if I ever came across something like that ingame I would stare and sigh. Than go on beating an old lady with a baseball bat.

Probably the xbox version LOLZZZZZZZZZZZ  sarcasm.gif

Hahaha.....I have an xbox, but remember which versions "behind" my friend

remember why its delayed?

I do

plus the tree is some crazy sh*t i hope its not final, prob in motion pic though

And it looks pretty certain that hairstyles are in because theres a hair dressers in the pic

Edited by tld
user posted image

What? Watching in motion? What do you think the tree would have to do to look good like this? dozingoff.gif The tree looks like a paper model. rolleyes.gif

Many of the shots with trees have this strange almost painted-look to them. It appears to be a graphical issue where the detailed version isn't loading when close up.

EDIT - This is what the LOD SHOULD be at: http://media.gtanet.com/images/4128_gta4_screenshot.jpg

Of course, last minute bugs are always little nagging things like this.

Edited by xenorevlis

Tonay_Montana
Shall I tell you why...?

It's because we are not seeing this scene in motion. Trust me. Watch this scene in full motion and you will see a big difference...

Has it ever occured to you that maybe Screenshots don't accurately show what Rockstar's new RAGE engine does for the trees...

hmm well does that mean that if you are standing still, not giving any motion to the screen, will it look better then? like if you pan the camera at the tree then just stop moving will it retain that sh*ttiness? if the glitchyness is indeed due to motion that is.

barf8bd.gif

Probably the xbox version LOLZZZZZZZZZZZ  sarcasm.gif

Hahaha.....I have an xbox, but remember which versions "behind" my friend

remember why its delayed?

I do

plus the tree is some crazy sh*t i hope its not final, prob in motion pic though

And it looks pretty certain that hairstyles are in because theres a hair dressers in the pic

Remember which system has the jaggies problem, har har. Reference the picture and get back to me wink.gif

I thinks at least this shot is an older build, based on the police uniform. The tops are a very light blue, where the "new" uniforms seem to be a darker color.

Lost of the videos and pictures have the police in the darker uniform tops, such as this.

I thinks at least this shot is an older build, based on the police uniform. The tops are a very light blue, where the "new" uniforms seem to be a darker color.

Lost of the videos and pictures have the police in the darker uniform tops, such as this.

The police in that screen are apparently based on New Jersey state police.

user posted image

user posted image

What could that woman have done to get arrested... and with a Great ass like that! cool.gifbiggrin.gif

E.X

user posted image

He's right because on the shop it says 'Alderney'.

user posted image

What could that woman have done to get arrested... and with a Great ass like that! cool.gifbiggrin.gif

That's what I was thinking happy.gif

user posted image

nice ass.

user posted image

nice ass.

Yeah, he must work out.

user posted image

nice ass.

Yeah, he must work out.

I try.

user posted image

Well I'm not from NY nor have I ever been there so maybe I'm confused. I can see where the uniforms match the NJ State Police, but they are driving LCPD cars, so doen't that mean they should look like LCPD "NYPD". Just seems like maybe they had that in the older builds and then changed it to the darker shirts.

On the other hand it would be really cool if they had different clothing styles for the different areas, as they did in the previous games.

Hes infront of the tree..not inside.Wait till the game comes out and watch the tree when its in a video...

Nikoforpresident

come to think of it, all the trees in GTA:IV screens look bad, but i don't care, everything else is solid, i can make peace with trees.

user posted image

CosmosTheMouse

You know i'm seriously disappointed in that as well.

Seeing as that specific tree plays an intricate part of the GTA experience, I just MAY cancel my preorder. It's a sad sad day.

I disagree that they all look bad, as I mentioned earlier...

user posted image

YOU ARE WORNG its final built and it will look like this so dont fool yourself

Edited by strimx