Should I get a Xbox 360?

nhan026

YourNeighborhoodKiller

You're more willing to get better answers if you posted it here.

As for your question, I don't believe you'll get it as long as you take care of it. And I also believe 360s that are on sale now are equipped with a tool which prevents you from getting RROD.

New account: Gezim

The RRoD is fixed now, get the premium model and you won't have a problem, enjoy your 360, it will be awesome. icon14.gif

Blackadder.

To both of you saying the RRoD is fixed, it's not, merely the percentage of 360's RRoD'ing has dropped, hell, even you're not guarenteed a Falcon Motherboard, as their are some older ones still selling.

You can reduce the chance of getting the RRoD by increasing airflow around the console, generally keeping it cool.

user posted image

So basically, don't place it vertically on a thick woolly carpet on the floor, next to your cat's litter box. And yes, people do tend to do that.

If you want to send it in every once in a while and wait 8 weeks each time sure. tounge.gif

There were a couple rrod consoles at gdc, so its not fixed.

If you want to send it in every once in a while and wait 8 weeks each time sure. tounge.gif

Stop with the un needed fanboyism. Idiot!

Yes you should get a 360 great console and get live so you can play people around the world.

Quadropheniac90

It does not need 8 weeks to fix either, I got mine back in 1,5 week. It's a great console, I certainly love mine. I also use TVersity with it which makes it even cooler. icon14.gif

user posted image

The Unvirginiser

You will need it for GTA4

Stop with the un needed fanboyism. Idiot!

Yes you should get a 360 great console and get live so you can play people around the world.

He may have a wrong opinion but that doesnt make him a fan boy otherwise he would have said something like HAHAHA PS3 PWNS 360! 360 IS CRAP ITS A WASTE OF MONEY HAHAHAHLOLOLOLOLO!!!!11!!!1!!1!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1 so no need to insult him.

I have a 360, and I got it after they had the flood or RRoD problems. Touch wood, I've never had one. I think the newer systems have fixed the issue to an extent.

oldschoolsigs49.png

Basically the way the 360 gets the RROD is when it heats up and when it cools down fastly again the motherboard bends because of the crappy bracket, when it bends the solder to the gpu is broken.

Basically the way the 360 gets the RROD is when it heats up and when it cools down fastly again the motherboard bends because of the crappy bracket, when it bends the solder to the gpu is broken.

Is that the only reason?

If you plan to go online, and assuming your computer isn't right next to the console, it might cost you as much as a PS3, or around there. You've got XBL to pay for (which you have to keep paying for), one of those wireless router things, but those are all the cons I could come up with, unless you count the RRoD, but that's not so bad. Other than that, at the moment, it's a great console to have.

Here's a few games you should pick up:

Bioshock

Mass Effect

Halo 3

Call of Duty 4

The Orange Box

YourNeighborhoodKiller
Sweet,I got the Xbox Elite,but not the cooling equipment,kinda low on cash...

I was about to say you should get the Elite. Since it's the best offer in my opinion. smile.gif

Just think about this. Those "100s of games" that they advertise - most of them are old games that you're never going to buy.

PS3 is sounding good now.

Ronmar The Only
Just think about this. Those "100s of games" that they advertise - most of them are old games that you're never going to buy.

With what, two games that might make it a system seller. One being MGS 4, the other maybe Uncharted.

Personally, I might eventually buy one just because of MGS 4 and blue-ray, but that is a while away.

Also, if you get a 360: get the elite or wait to see if these 60 gb rumors are true.

With what, two games that might make it a system seller. One being MGS 4, the other maybe Uncharted.

Personally, I might eventually buy one just because of MGS 4 and blue-ray, but that is a while away.

Also, if you get a 360: get the elite or wait to see if these 60 gb rumors are true.

uhoh i smell a fanboy war................

uhoh i smell a fanboy war................

why is there a fanboy war? all i said was the 360 says it has 100s of games, most of which are years old.

YourNeighborhoodKiller

HEllo,I'm blush.gif a new Xbox 360 owner.

Sweet,I got the Xbox Elite,but not the cooling equipment,kinda low on cash...

These came from nhan026.

He got his Xbox. Now shut up.

IMO, no, you shouldn't. IMHO you'd be better off getting a PS3 since you're buying this late.

I got the Xbox Elite

Damn, I was too late. I'm sorry dude, I failed you. confused.gif

LUCK FOR A BUCK!!!!! f*ck Yea!

GTAF's Most Annoying Unbanned Member.

user posted image

bai. -jllr