Tv/DVD watching?

GutterSharkz

GutterSharkz

It looks like the new History of Liberty City teaser is indicating you may be able to watch Tv and play DVD's in your DVD player which is also seen in the new Packie Video. Anyone have any ideas on this? Maybe thats a new feature that they were holding back on in the new previews when they went inside Niko's little apartment. I'm praying, because that would be so fun watching R* own take of American Tv. Maybe even a channel with news about local celebrities like in the Our-Own-Reality teaser.

Enkeixpress

Yeah that would be pretty sweet. That also brings up up the option of possible extra downloadable content for more channels...

It looks like the new History of Liberty City teaser is indicating you may be able to watch Tv and play DVD's in your DVD player which is also seen in the new Packie Video. Anyone have any ideas on this? Maybe thats a new feature that they were holding back on in the new previews when they went inside Niko's little apartment. I'm praying, because that would be so fun watching R* own take of American Tv. Maybe even a channel with news about local celebrities like in the Our-Own-Reality teaser.

I dont think it is indicating that, I think its just a funny spoof of those adverts.

Global warming,Police .

they are having hamour for everything.loving it.Cant wait to see more cool.gif

GutterSharkz

I dont think it is indicating that, I think its just a funny spoof of those adverts.

Thats what I thought from the beginning, but nothings confirmed yet. Just a cool idea.

I want little TVs in my car

user posted image

And maybe have a little TV screen in the bottom corner, when you are driving. biggrin.gif

PLEASE ROCKSTAR, make it happen. icon14.gif

user posted image

And maybe have a little TV screen in the bottom corner, when you are driving. biggrin.gif

user posted image

Only one is better.

user posted image

user posted image

Only one is better.

Yeah, I know I was just using that as an example.... You get the idea though?

Yeah, I know I was just using that as an example.... You get the idea though?

Yes, yes...

GENIUS!!!!!!!!! cookie.gifcookie.gifcookie.gifcookie.gifcookie.gif

How awesome would it be to see a LIVE news report about yourself speeding down the intersection, while you are actully doing it!!!!!

Enkeixpress
How awesome would it be to see a LIVE news report about yourself speeding down the intersection, while you are actully doing it!!!!!

Yea that would be awesome whether it's coming off of a TV screen or the Radio... and thats definately something I think Rockstar would implement into the game...

Just Imagine listening to Lazlo and then some woman comes on saying "BREAKING NEWS! A massive pursuit has just started on ...."

It would be Awesome to say the least happy.gif

Yeah, I figured that they would have in-games television and movie theaters (maybe you could sit-down and watch movies in, of course).

Fingers crossed, but I've been hoping ever since the R* representative said that, "We're taking media to a whole new level."

GutterSharkz

Yeah, I figured that they would have in-games television and movie theaters (maybe you could sit-down and watch movies in, of course).

Fingers crossed, but I've been hoping ever since the R* representative said that, "We're taking media to a whole new level."

Yeah, exactly! hah thats what I was thinking. Tv and Movies are definitely a huge part of media, so it has to be involved. Its almost a given. If not movies, then Tv.

Hmm, you're getting a bit carried away with this. One of the main concepts that, I think, Rockstar are trying to head towards is a refined, more credible game. With San Andreas, the series was starting to get a little too heavy on the mini-games, and I think they're cutting back on that a bit. Sure, it would be a nice and interesting feature, but I reckon it's a little too trivial and time consuming to create that sort of thing in a GTA game at the moment (maybe GTA:V?).

Like someone said before, the Liberty City box-set is just a poke at those overly pompous documentary series (eg. Rick Burns' New York: A Documentary Film). I doubt it's hinting at an in-game theatre or television feature. I think the fact that you can use an in-game Internet is impressive enough.

Edited by Destino

This reminds me of a post I made along time ago. It will be sweet if they have a media level with wezel news vans and choppers chasing you through Liberty city and when you get back to the safe house you can see your self on the evening news causing chaos and destruction.

GutterSharkz

This reminds me of a post I made along time ago. It will be sweet if they have a media level with wezel news vans and choppers chasing you through Liberty city and when you get back to the safe house you can see your self on the evening news causing chaos and destruction.

Yeah, I've made some posts about it awell besides this one. I said the same exact thing. It would definitely be awesome to see you on the evening news flying by some cops. Hell yeah.

I've just had an idea, which is totally feasible (well I say totally, I wouldn't know the ins and out in terms of making it happen). But in your safehouse, there could well be a TV, which may be used to play saved replays.

I've wanted replays for ages, so much funny stuff has happened when I've played in the past, being able to share these sorts of moments with others is a realtively common thing now, so what do you think?