packie mcreary

joe_bevis

whenever i try to tell somebody about characters in gta iv and i mention packie mcreary they always think i'm joking and being racist

and today i got overheard by a few people and well could have have resulted in me getting lynched by people from pakistan

why did'nt they call him paddy instead of packie or just patrick coz i don't won't to have to keep explaining to everybody. mad.gif

anybody else have the same problem

packie=pakistani

user posted image

PSN: joe_bevis

どぞよりしく

Why didn't you call him Patrick if it was going to be a problem. It's not like R* just decided to calls him Packie Mcreary. It's a nickname.

I highly doubt it. Stop hanging around people with peanuts for brains.

It's not like R* just decided to calls him Packie Mcreary.

They didn't? Who did, then? dontgetit.gif

I highly doubt it. Stop hanging around people with peanuts for brains.

In case you didn't know, paki is a racial slur in the UK. It's like me going to the Bronx and shouting the 'n-word'. Try going to Birmingham and saying paki just once. You won't come out alive.

That would be like saying that African-Americans should be mad at me for naming my dog "Browny."

No one's racist, except apparently you, as your unconscious outcries to project your own feelings are heard across the fathom that is the internet......

lol.gif

That would be like saying that African-Americans should be mad at me for naming my dog "Browny."

No one's racist, except apparently you, as your unconscious outcries to project your own feelings are heard across the fathom that is the internet......

lol.gif

You don't get it do you? Jesus Christ some people are morons, I swear to God bored.gif

SantiagoDomingo

Racism only exists because people get upset when someone is racist toward them. When someone calls me a ni**er I don't give a sh*t. If the KKK kept have rallies and cross burnings and no one cared or said anything do you think they would still do it? Probably. . . but still.

Racism only exists because people get upset when someone is racist toward them. When someone calls me a ni**er I don't give a sh*t. If the KKK kept have rallies and cross burnings and no one cared or said anything do you think they would still do it? Probably. . . but still.

Thankyou. It's not that someone themselves thinks it's racist to say, it's because it's perceived as being racist. You have to understand, the word paki might not mean much in your country but the 'n-word' means jack sh*t where I live.

lol.gif

i'm not a racist

and perhaps you named your dog browny coz its brown otherwise if its not brown that would'nt make sense!

user posted image

どぞよりしく

Since when has Paki been racist?

try asking that to a group of pakistani's icon14.gif

user posted image

どぞよりしく

it doesn't seem any different than calling a british guy a brit

yeah its a bad in liverpool i heard a lad buy some chips from the chippy and after he bought them he just went tar ye f*ckin paki and walked out the shop so maybe they shoulda just called him paddy

That's my thoughts, too.

Paki is one from Pakistan.

Brit is one from Britain.

I don't see the problem, personally.

That's my thoughts, too.

Paki is one from Pakistan.

Brit is one from Britain.

I don't see the problem, personally.

Yes, but the fact is most of them aren't Pakistanis. They're from other countries such as Iran, Syria, Iran, and even Asia, which is worrying when people call them pakis.

which is worrying when people call them pakis.

Just a case of misidentity, or ignorance; one or the other.

there was no need to start a new topic, You could have used my one because what your talking about is/was being discussed there

Snake Without a Tongue

Yeah, Packie is kinda as hot word. Just don't use it in the wrong company.

Packie is a real name, though. Probably not a case of racism by R*. Although they went heavy on the chicken joke in SA.

kietotheworld
yeah its a bad in liverpool i heard a lad buy some chips from the chippy and after he bought them he just went tar ye f*ckin paki and walked out the shop so maybe they shoulda just called him paddy

FFS, racism is so common in the nether regions of society. It is no wonder they turn into terrorists when they have filth like this attacking them.

For any Americans, "Paki" is definitely a racist term in Britain. Completely different to calling someone a Brit, as people use to refer to any Middle Easterns.

FFS, racism is so common in the nether regions of society. It is no wonder they turn into terrorists when they have filth like this attacking them.

For any Americans, "Paki" is definitely a racist term in Britain. Completely different to calling someone a Brit, as people use to refer to any Middle Easterns.

No, they turn into terrorists because they're brainwashed by the many radical Muslim clerics that are about these days.

But technically, calling a Pakistani a Paki, is the same as calling a Briton a Brit.

But technically, calling a Pakistani a Paki, is the same as calling a Briton a Brit.

It's all about the intent with which it was said.

kietotheworld

No, they turn into terrorists because they're brainwashed by the many radical Muslim clerics that are about these days.

To some extent you're right. Although If there was no-one insulting them, calling them pakis, treating them as though they are inferior, they would have less reason to hate the West, and would be much harder to brainwash.

By the way, there aren't actually that many Radical Muslim Clerics, the ones that do exist get a lot of publicity from "news" papers like the Sun, Mirror, Mail, and radio stations like talksport, outlets which target the lower classes. If they publicise that there is an epidemic of evil muslim clerics, uneducated people will become angry about it and want to find out more, hence buy the newspaper or listen to the radio station more.

The term Paki is used in a derogatory way, it's like Scottish people being offended when they get called English, or Irish people getting offended when they're called English, except on a much wide scale, as it is used to deliberately insult.

To some extent you're right. Although If there was no-one insulting them, calling them pakis, treating them as though they are inferior, they would have less reason to hate the West, and would be much harder to brainwash.

By the way, there aren't actually that many Radical Muslim Clerics, the ones that do exist get a lot of publicity from "news" papers like the Sun, Mirror, Mail, and radio stations like talksport, outlets which target the lower classes. If they publicise that there is an epidemic of evil muslim clerics, uneducated people will become angry about it and want to find out more, hence buy the newspaper or listen to the radio station more.

The term Paki is used in a derogatory way, it's like Scottish people being offended when they get called English, or Irish people getting offended when they're called English, except on a much wide scale, as it is used to deliberately insult.

So how come there are so many people in the middle east being brain washed into becoming suicide bombers even though there are no westerners there to call them Paki's?

Although there supposedly aren't many, I'm willing to bet there are more than we think, dotted around many western countries.

Edited by Mad Tony

Maybe that's a part of rockstar sense of humor.

You know, there's a guy called "Bledar" it's a real word in french. It means someone from the bled, and it's commonly used to describe arabic people (have a look).

It's a clearly discrimination word, but it's also funny, there is nothing mad with that and i'm sure that every bledar from france will have a f*cking laugh while meeting the character lol.gif

I guess it's the same, maybe, for the "packie" word. Nothing mad and if you get offensed, it's really stupid.

kietotheworld

So how come there are so many people in the middle east being brain washed into becoming suicide bombers even though there are no westerners there to call them Paki's?

There are Westerners invading their countries, Israelis "occupying" Palestine. These things matter more to them than being called a Paki. The 7/7 Bombers, the 21/7 Bombers, the Sarin Gang, the Shoe Bomber, all born and raised in Britain.

Although there supposedly aren't many, I'm willing to bet there are more than we think, dotted around many western countries.

Do you have any evidence for that? The media want you to think that, it's their job to conjure the perception of a threat from very little.

International Terrorism is completely off-topic anyway, I think we'll agree that it's unlikely anyone's going to become a terrorist because of a GTA character called Packie. If you want to discuss this further, by all means start a thread in the Lounge.

Edited by kietotheworld

In theory, calling someone from Pakistan a Paki is the same as calling someone a Brit. But in reality the word is just considered an Racial slur. I've seen fights break out and people get the S**t beaten out of them because of it. I could understand why people from America or other places wouldn't see anything wrong with it, but you just can't get away with it England.

There are Westerners invading their countries, Israelis "occupying" Palestine. These things matter more to them than being called a Paki. The 7/7 Bombers, the 21/7 Bombers, the Sarin Gang, the Shoe Bomber, all born and raised in Britain.

Yeah, and you wanna know why?

Because They were sponsoring terrorism.