3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

1. GTANet 20th Anniversary
    2. Support

3. Suggestions

IPL Helper - Blue Edition

xmen

Deji, please do not change the topic direction, PM me or start new topic smile.gif

sorry... i wasn't sure i was... it was a post about your tool... and IPL (I think, that or main.scm)

* CLEO 4.3.22 - A?i?a?o?3D - UI SDK - Black Market Mod 1.0.1 - GInput 0.3 - Cheat Keyboard - Tactile Cheat Activation - Stream Ini Extender 0.7 - SuperVars - ScrDebug - Vigilante Justice: San Andreas *

blcamsr.gif

SCRambl: the SCR/GTA3script Assembler

GTAG Modding (NEW URL - RIP GTAGaming!) - Opcode Database
[table]

Twitter - YoutubeUpdated: 30th May (long live modding! And boycott TakeTwo)[/table]

Deji, please do not change the topic direction, PM me or start new topic smile.gif

sorry... i wasn't sure i was... it was a post about your tool... and IPL (I think, that or main.scm)

I suspect it confused things a little when Xmen posted the codes for a stripped main with save disk information, but eventually you'll learn to identify the difference between coding and IPL format. The custom plates are pretty much specific to mission coding. However, if you are skilled with a hex editor it is possible to edit the save so that a vehicle added to the save with a text IPL has custom plates. But a discussion of save editing would also be a bit off topic, so let's let that drop for now.

IPL vehicles are pretty full featured. You can't set the player owned flag, set custom plates, or hide a text IPL vehicle, but otherwise the vehicle generator record appears to be identical to vehicles added through mission coding.

But even this is a bit off topic as I didn't mention anything about the IPL Helper. Xmen will probably tolerate a few questions on IPL issues, but a general discussion on IPL may be better suited in it's own topic so Xmen doesn't get an alert every time someone posts a new response.

But even this is a bit off topic as I didn't mention anything about the IPL Helper

sarcasm...huh! i didnt meant that, i just said him to start a new topic or pm me to avoid changing direction, just think a little bit if you post your modding question in general discussion or any other nonrespective forum then why your topic get moved... just to keep all thing separate, i realised that i did a big mistake that i post mission coding here...i dunno why you ever confused sneaky2.gif

anyway back to the point i was tryna head to... There is absolutly no way to customize licence plates in IPL?

I only really want 1 or 2. And how would I delete some of the ones that are already in the game if I wanted more?

* CLEO 4.3.22 - A?i?a?o?3D - UI SDK - Black Market Mod 1.0.1 - GInput 0.3 - Cheat Keyboard - Tactile Cheat Activation - Stream Ini Extender 0.7 - SuperVars - ScrDebug - Vigilante Justice: San Andreas *

blcamsr.gif

[table]

Twitter - YoutubeUpdated: 30th May (long live modding! And boycott TakeTwo)[/table]

There is absolutly no way to customize licence plates in IPL?

perhaps not confused.gif

And how would I delete some of the ones that are already in the game if I wanted more?

try this, hope it will help smile.gif

and about your third last post, i really didnt noticed that you were asking something, lack of time whatsthat.gif

edited :

this post also have info about plates

Edited by xmen

Lol... Okay I tried to message you about something un-ipl related but your inbox seems to be full... Delete some messages!!! lol tounge2.gif

blcamsr.gif

[table]

hehe, i see someone sent pm me before you lol.gif try now

Never mind. You replied to the topic I posted. We can discuss it there: http://www.gtaforums.com/index.php?showtop...entry1057990946

I guess it is kinda IPL related...

blcamsr.gif

[table]

Hey x, I want to stop by to show support for your work. I like this tool and its interface is good too. I was pleased to see you support binary IPL, as there would be my main need for this. And the latest discussions in the topic with OrionSR and you look like they will lead to even more progress on your tool. Good work man, I like this a lot.

BETA 4 released...link posted on first post wink.gif

Umm.. that's the old one!? Link just takes me here: http://www.gtagarage.com/mods/show.php?id=1895

Where do I get it?

blcamsr.gif

[table]

Hey x, I want to stop by to show support for your work. I like this tool and its interface is good too. I was pleased to see you support binary IPL, as there would be my main need for this. And the latest discussions in the topic with OrionSR and you look like they will lead to even more progress on your tool. Good work man, I like this a lot.

glad to know smile.gif

@Deji : buddy, wait for a while, it will need to be approved wink.gif

@Deji : buddy, wait for a while, it will need to be approved wink.gif

lol.. ok... hmm, humm... moto_whistle.gif

blcamsr.gif

[table]

• 3 weeks later...

Mini-BUMP

its workin fine... can i have some sort of guide to the interior locations and what 'Heaven' they have to be in? Thanks.. smile.gif

blcamsr.gif

[table]

try this

cheers... now to spend ages reading the damned thing! yawn.gif

Ok... i got a bit confused with Binary IPL's for cars...

X, Y, Z, angle, car id, primary color, secondary color, bool?, alarm_probability, door_lock_probability, dword (radio?), dword (appearance delay?)

Maybe you could explain 'dword' and 'bool' notify.gif

Edited by Deji

blcamsr.gif

[table]

Maybe you could explain 'dword' and 'bool'  notify.gif

At the time, bool? was unknown. The Wiki at GTAModding.com is generally more up to date.

Item Placement - Cars

X, Y, Z, angle, car id, primary color, secondary color, force_spawn, alarm_probability, door_lock_probability, unknown (word), monetary value (word)

dword, short for double word. Describes the size (and type) of the variable, 4 bytes

* usually an integer, but may describe an unknown float (also 4 bytes)

word, two bytes, integer values 0 thru 255 (unsigned) or -128 thru 127 (signed) oops

bool, short for boolean. Variable is evaluated as either Off (zero), or On (non-zero).

bool? = unknown boolean. Now identified as Force Spawn.

Force Spawn: Vehicles with this flag are more likely to spawn. Use near hideouts or at high elevations.

Edited by OrionSR

At the time, bool? was unknown. The Wiki at GTAModding.com is generally more up to date.

Item Placement - Cars

X, Y, Z, angle, car id, primary color, secondary color, force_spawn, alarm_probability, door_lock_probability, unknown (word), monetary value (word)

dword, short for double word. Describes the size (and type) of the variable, 4 bytes

* usually an integer, but may describe an unknown float (also 4 bytes)

word, two bytes, integer values 0 thru 255 (unsigned) or -128 thru 127 (signed)

bool, short for boolean. Variable is evaluated as either Off (zero), or On (non-zero).

bool? = unknown boolean. Now identified as Force Spawn.

Force Spawn: Vehicles with this flag are more likely to spawn. Use near hideouts or at high elevations.

yeah.... i think i'll stick to normal IPL blush.gif

blcamsr.gif

[table]

hmmm... its wrong dude, word (2 bytes) value is from -32768 to 32767 (unsigned) and 65535 (signed)

the value from 0 to 255 (unsigned) or -128 to 127 (signed) is of a single byte wink.gif

hmmm... its wrong dude, word (2 bytes) value is from -32768 to 32767 (unsigned) and 65535 (signed)

the value from 0 to 255 (unsigned) or -128 to 127 (signed) is of a single byte wink.gif

Uh... yeah. Sorry. Brain fart, what can I say.

BTW, text IPL and Binary IPLs have the same format. The only difference I can identify is that the rotation is handled differently.

Edited by OrionSR

• 3 weeks later...

kk.. I need help deceiphering R*'s IPL lines...

744.527, 1431.31, 1101.74, 0, 3.42078, 3.17188, 8, 744.543, 1437.67, 1101.74, -0.834778, 6, 0, "BROTHEL", 1, 2, 0, 24

All I want to do is know which one is the 'Heaven' thing (Where you have to go to get to certain interiors) and that code seems to have missed some points and added some at the end! Is this binary ipl thing? and could you chop that code up and explain each part (Besides the coords) please? Thanks...

I'll check if what I wan't can be accessed via mission code as that is easier for me.

blcamsr.gif

[table]

Is this binary ipl thing?

binary ipls only have items and cars spawn locations

could you chop that code up and explain each part (Besides the coords) please? Thanks...

this will help wink.gif

no, the image is right but confusing when garage face towards north, west or east

the picture is same as game garage if garage face towards south, see this picture:

FACE = SOUTH

user posted image

but if face towards north than co-ordinates location will be same but just door location will change, see these pictures :

FACE = NORTH

user posted imageuser posted image

as it can be see in both garages have same co-ordinate locations that mean the format is same as face towards south, just change in door location.

Edited by xmen

For example "mds1SFS" it is different... (SFs.ipl)

Somehow all my garages are facing west.

Well... Maybe it doesn't matter how the coords are set, if we got 1 Point and 2 Vectors we can descripe a unrotated cuboid. Nothing else than a garage. Only rotateable in XY-plane, because on of our vector is a 2 dimensional one:

X, Y, Z, PVx, PVy, 3DVx, 3DVy, 3DVz

where XYZ are the origin coords, PVx/y is the planar Vector, descriping the bottom and 3DVx/y/z is the 3 dimensional Vector descriping the rest of the room.

For me every garage (doesn't matter where I put the coords) is facing west... I tried anything, but I don't know how to fix that.

The garage door is just open turning west when I set the door to swing_open, the camera is going to the west end of the garage and follows the player reotely, nothing is able to change that... I can't realy understand it!

now i have something interesting to explain because i have wasted my time in placing pointers to all 50 garages xD and then i reach to a decision that making a working garage is quite simple, because the coordinate locations can be vary (i was partially wrong in previous post). Here are some images

user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image

so when i know that i thought to waste my little more time xD so i made a garage and place a door face to EAST, here its screenshot, garage worked cool

Face towads EAST

user posted image

then i change the door location to south without changing anything in garage and it also worked.

Face towads SOUTH

user posted image

then i changed to rest directions and it worked without changing anything in garage line,

Face towads WEST

user posted image

Face towads NORTH

user posted image

hmm...that mean we just need to make box for garage and place the door wherever we want...(but at least one co-ordinate must match with door's) thats why i think making garage is simplest than making a unique jump.

after all i placed all four door and that time all four door worked...

Face towards NEWS

user posted image

but im scared and cannot place more than one door because i dont want someone steal my precious cars from back door xD lol.giflol.gif

So that means the pivot of the garage door must match with one of the coords... nice findings! I will try that out, but maybe you can add this to the image of your IPL Helper?!

Thanks anyway smile.gif

perhaps lol.gif

Edited : 7 june

hmmm.... i got another interesting thing that is we can change the garage door location after save(only door location with a condition that at least one co-ordinate must match with garage door's) so that mean the rotation in garage BLOCK in save file isnt related with door, so im quite sure its for setting up the Depth and Width in correct way Shifty41s_beerhatsmilie2.gif

Edited by xmen

Interesting news on the multiple door opening. I always wondered about that. It is my understanding that a door will work if it is within the garage zone (not sure on the tolerance, all, or part?) and the object has the appropriate flags to be an opening door. I remember reading that the Unused PnS in LV could be repaired by turning the door around and changing the flag, but I never looked into it further as it wouldn't work with a Save Mod only format - so I moved it to surround the LV Disco instead. But the basic rule is that garages are easy. Put the zone around a properly flagged door and the engine handles the rest.

I've moved a few garages and sometimes the sizes are quite large so I've noticed some weird effects. I'm fairly certain the Pull-away angle is determined by the restriction of the walls because the angle can be quite strange without them. The only time I notice rotation playing a roll in the garage operation is on the Impound Garages. Rotating the zone will change which direction the cars face when they spawn.

It is my understanding that a door will work if it is within the garage zone

yes you are right, i checked it must be in garagezone monocle.gif

Rotating the zone will change which direction the cars face when they spawn.

that mean car rotation(0x3C) depends on garage rotation dontgetit.gif ?