3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

1. GTANet 20th Anniversary
    2. Support

3. Suggestions

IPL Helper - Blue Edition

xmen

I am unable to verify the reward as the line is too long and I cannot resize the window or scroll the display

yeah i know that, i tried but scroll bar isnt appearing, but i will try to solve this problem, right now, there are 3 methods to see the line fully,

1. increase the width of column

2. just hower mouse on that item, then a tooltip will apear that will have full line.

3. double click on that line, all the contents will appear in their respective fields

i have fixed this...will be available in Beta 2

I am frustrated by the inability to paste values with more than 2 decimal places

Options>Preference>No. Decimal Places

Does this tool have the ability to read in-game coordinates?

no, you should use 'Cords Compass'

The right-click pop-up for cut and paste doesn't work

ah...damn i forgot that.... sarcasm.gif

The tool produces integer values (1948 instead of 1948.0) which should work for text IPLs but the convention leads to errors down the line when converting to code formats. I am in the habit of always specifying a decimal of .0 for whole numbers to assure these values remain in the floating point format.

where?

The Jump Tool is producing a run time error if I load my jump IPL and double-click a jump that has an Endline comment (see example previously posted). I have been labeling my jumps and other IPL lines with Endline comments which really helps keep things organized. I used the "//" marker commonly used for coding comments

oh....will be fixed in beta 2

but I haven't tested if the # properly terminates the line when variables are omitted.

it wont read those stupid lines xD

The semi-transparent window is distracting. How can I disable the transparency?

you cant...as its looking great

Vehicle Placer is entering integer values in traditional 360 degree angles. Text IPLs require Radian Units. Vehicle Placer is marking UP as 180 degrees. I believe North is always 0.0 for text IPLs.

that doesnt matter, i have put around 30 vehicles and they works

Garage Tool has only 4 of 7 door types. Garage types are very limited, only 2 save garages and no impound or burglary garages. Bomb garages could use bomb type description.

damn... there are dropdown buttons with 'Add Line' button, add your own types... its too flexible... please search the entire tool then post

Type field allows adding bikes and cars more than once

so how can i get to know that you have added already through a number... that make sense man

I have some additional information but my results are inconsistent and unreported. However, we should be able to work out some basic flags well enough to make this more useful. Otherwise only experts will be able to get this working correctly and they will probably be working by hand and example.

ok

Enex Placer rotation is pointing down for 0. I would expect 0.0 to represent North and Up.

are you sure ?

currently im busy in other work, when i will get free time, i'll write a tutorial for it

Edited by xmen

All tools tested will omit the trailing .0 on floating point values. This probably won't mess with text IPLs but the tools will be less useful if they strip the decimal point required for coding formats.

This only came up for the garages without names. An Endline comment here will be interpreted as the garage name. I don't think using # will stop the program from reading the next string as the garage name.

-1694.78, 1033.15, 44.1937, -1681.59, 1033.15, -1694.78, 1038.16, 47.941, 1, 2,

If your utilities insist on reorganizing my comment lines I'm afraid I won't be able to use them.

Semi-transparent looks terrible. I am required to keep wiggling the windows around on the screen to stop things from showing through. Semi-transparent makes the utilities annoying to use.

Any vehicle placed with this utility did not have the proper rotation. This has been a major drawback to all IPL vehicle placers. The degree angle entered by the user should be divided by 180/pi() (~57.2958) by your utility to produce radian units on the IPL line. If I need to use a spreadsheet or calculator to convert my angles then what is the point of using this utility?

The Type field of the Enex Placer is too flexible. These are binary flags stored in a dword so only 16 possible flags can be set. The sum of all flags produces the correct value for the IPL field. Flags can only be added once, they are on, or off. Unfortunately, this is one of the major holes in the ENEX documentation. The flags need to be set properly or the connection will not function.

Originally Posted by pdescobar with qualifiers that only the XX flags are definite

ENEX Marker FlagsBit Value Description or use in unmodified game--- ----- -------------------------------------00      1 ?? Only used for interior markers01      2 ?? Used mostly for interior markers; also Big Ear & LS Skyscraper02      4 ?? Used with almost all exterior markers that link to interiors03      8 ?? Used with unlockable non-mission interior markers04     16 -- Never used in standard game05     32 XX Marker transports cars06     64 XX Marker transports bikes/motorcycles07    128 -- Never used in standard game08    256 ?? Only used 3 times: Ganton Bar Ext, Vegas Club Ext, a Diner Int09    512 -- Never used in standard game10   1024 ?? Only used in some Burglary House Exterior markers11   2048 -- Never used in standard game12   4096 XX Marker only accessible on Burglar mission13   8192 -- Never used in standard game14  16384 -- Never used in standard game15  32768 -- Never used in standard game

Most of these are not terribly important, but flags 2 and 4 need to be set correctly to assure proper paring of the connections. The standard game examples are confusing and don't always yield predictable results (yellow door marker may or may not appear as expected). Sorry, I'll need to review my notes and probably run a few tests to make sure I remember how to flag these properly.

Enex Placer does not add the quote marks surrounding the text names for the connection. Enex Placer refuses to add lines without a text name even though this is a valid setting for a working connection with no link. See the SF Tower for examples of one-way links.

Enex Connections use 360 degree angles with 0 or multiples of 360 representing north on the map. The angles reported by San Andreas Control Center can be used without modification. Strange that Coords Compass doesn't report rotation considering the name includes the word "compass".

Default OFF hours for enex connections should be 24.

Ah, Add New Types is under Add Line. That's an unexpected place to find a place to make modifications. It looks like it will be more effective to edit the info vault directly. Strange that you would release this tool with incomplete information considering the time that must have been required to compile a complete vehicle list.

And you are going to have to put up with whatever I happen to report. If the interface is unclear then you are going to hear about it.

Edited by OrionSR

All tools tested will omit the trailing .0 on floating point values. This probably won't mess with text IPLs but the tools will be less useful if they strip the decimal point required for coding formats.

i dont understand where this error occuring, gimme an example

This only came up for the garages without names. An Endline comment here will be interpreted as the garage name. I don't think using # will stop the program from reading the next string as the garage name.

i wasnt told you that this will work (#), i have modified the ipl helper and removed all the bugs in your previous post

Semi-transparent looks terrible. I am required to keep wiggling the windows around on the screen to stop things from showing through. Semi-transparent makes the utilities annoying to use.

sorry i cant change it

Any vehicle placed with this utility did not have the proper rotation. This has been a major drawback to all IPL vehicle placers. The degree angle entered by the user should be divided by 180/pi() (~57.2958) by your utility to produce radian units on the IPL line

ok, i will try

Enex Placer does not add the quote marks surrounding the text names for the connection. Enex Placer refuses to add lines without a text name even though this is a valid setting for a working connection with no link. See the SF Tower for examples of one-way links.

fixed..for beta 2

Enex Connections use 360 degree angles with 0 or multiples of 360 representing north on the map

any example ???

Strange that you would release this tool with incomplete information considering the time that must have been required to compile a complete vehicle list.

how can you say that its incomplete information, i have added this feature just for customization, you can also add your new vehicles, and vehicle list is full and complete, so just think for a while before saying anything about tool mad.gif

Example of floating point to integer conversion using Weapon Placer - A Jetpack behind CJ's garage

X = 2504.0, Y= 1710.0, Z=13.5, Weapon=Jetpack

Produces

54, 2504, 1710, 13.5

The decimal point and trailing 0 have been stripped from the floating point value entered in the X and Y fields.

Again, I suspect this will work as the game is expecting a floating point value in this text IPL field and should record the value properly. However, if I translate this IPL weapon into coding format without replacing the .0 these values will be interpreted as integers and will not place the items where I expect. For this reason, I always record a decimal value for floating point fields, even if Rockstar doesn't alway follow this convention in their text IPL - angles for example.

I added 5 decimal places on the options but now I'm finding it difficult to manually edit the values. Changing the sign is practically impossible without starting over.

Copy and Paste popups are not functioning in the main IPL editor. Ctrl-V, etc. still work.

Example of IPL rotation value from countn2.ipl

-225.433, 1397.02, 69.0501, 0, 2, 2.2, 8, -224.733, 1395.82, 172.05, 194.3, 0, 0, "", 0, 2, 0, 24   // Big Ear Tower

The is a one-way link: enter at the 1st set of coordinates and teleport to the exit location without another link. The exit angle is 194.3. When CJ was teleported to the top of the platform he was aiming roughly south so I took a reading with SACC and it reported and angle of 194.7.

Example of over rotation - Airstrip Savehouse

423.985, 2536.49, 15.1903, 0, 2, 1.5, 8, 420.485, 2535.59, 9.02029, -684.98, 10, 4, "DESHOUS", 0, 2, 0, 24  // Abandoned AC tower (in)

For some reason they spin him around backwards (-684.98) when he exits the airstrip savehouse.

Example of Rockstar leaving out the decimal on floating point values in text IPLs - same file

# -594.874, 2018.21, 59.6792, 0, 2.8, 2.8, 8, -959.874, 1952, 8.04431, -143, 17, 0, "DAMIN", 1, 2, 0, 24  // Generator Room (in)

Come to think of it, I'm not sure this one aims CJ properly anyway. I'd better double check. A lot of the default rotations are all messed up and aim CJ in strange directions. Particularly the save houses.

Please don't take my comments as excessive criticism. I am very impressed by your IPL Helper and am anxious to put it to good use and test out the features. Many of my comments are intended as "first time impressions," that a new user may experience as they try out the utilities. I hope to offer more constructive information as I gain experience with the program. I am worried about how my comments may be interpreted so perhaps I am being to direct in my comments. Sorry. I'm sure you have worked very hard on your application - it's a very impressive suite.

As I'm planning methods to test the IPL Helper tools to accomplish familiar tasks, I am running into a few barriers to using the tools effectively. I've been using Coords Compass to accomplish many of these tasks, so in many cases you are competing against your own work. The customization options available make Coords Compass a very powerful tool, but the lack of available examples made it difficult to get started. I am suggesting that an effort be made to increase the available data presented by the utilities so they are more user friendly right after they are installed. I'll try to help whenever possible. Rounding out the garage door types shouldn't be difficult. The garage list isn't all that long either. I'm considering completing the list and offering the example codes for info vault, but there are other concerns with editing garages.

Notes on Editing Garages

I don't think it matters if the sequence of the garages are loaded in a different order. I don't think there are other programs that read or alter the properties of the garages in the save file. It would confuse me if I tried to edit a garage block in a save with garages in a different order, but I suspect I'd figure it out soon enough. Still, I would suggest that people try to maintain the original sequence of garages to reduce the posibility of unexpected results.

San Andreas is limited to 50 working garages, and they are all used by the unmodified game. New garages added to the game will not function under normal conditions. All of my garage edits have been to existing garages. I wanted to add a boat garage at Toreno's Ranch, but had to move a garage from an existing save garage for this purpose. There is one Pay'n'Spray in LV with a door that doesn't open. I moved it to a different location without a door. I changed the type of most existing type 1 garages into pay'n'sprays and bomb shops, but they usually get disabled after the mission that calls the name of that garage. Sometimes I can rename a garage so that the game can't turn it off after the mission, other times this crashes the mission. Renaming a save garage is a handy way to keep a garage open at the start of a new game. It will still function as the normal save garage if it has the same garage number.

I learned that the Mulholland Garage would save Sparrows on the roof, but I wanted to save larger aircraft too, so I lifted the back corner until the door would close for Mavericks as well. I made similar adjustments to the sizes of many of the save garages so they also could accommodate aircraft. The Doherty Garage can now save anything smaller than a Cargobob. More recently, the San Fierro Impound Garage has been giving me problems because it spawns impounded bikes in the ceiling, and it's difficult to keep from opening and closing the door when entering the impound lot so the impounded vehicle often get replaced by random car spawn, so I've been experimenting with adjustments to the size, and position of the garage zone hoping to find a good working combination.

If I wanted to use your tool to accomplish these common tasks, I might have trouble locating the garage I wanted to modify. The garages often have cryptic names and it can sometimes be difficult to locate the correct IPL. The Garage Editor has a very handy feature of clicking on the existing line to use as a template for modification - a very good feature. It should be easy to rename, or resize a garage with this tool. With a little more info in the garage type fields it should also be very easy to change some of the mission garages into a PnS or Bomb Shop, perhaps a temporary Impound, but that would get confusing in a hurry. Since there is a rather limited number of garages, perhaps it would be helpful to have direct links to each one with proper names and descriptions of use. Somehow I need to move the modified garage line into position and disable the existing line with a comment maker. Perhaps a Modify option (as opposed to edit or create) would automatically position and comment the lines as required.

Weapon Placer vs Coods Compass: I'm afraid that Coords Compass will remain the more useful utility for this purpose. I have already created a custom configuration file with all of the working IPL pickups. Coords Compass's ability to write in-game coordinates in any format I specify is going to be difficult to beat. This feature would surely enhance the usability of IPL Helper. I hope you will consider this feature at some date in the future, but I would not suggest such a major revision to the current release. BTW, I very much appreciate the ability to use Coords Compass to copy and paste all three coordinates at the same time. I'm a little concerned about the requirement to copy and paste my coordinates from SACC or Coords Compass into the approprate fields one at a time. My current plan is to use Coords Compass to take readings and paste together a semi-working IPL line with the proper coordinates, and then try to use the tools to make the approprate adjustments and set all the flags and options.

Theres seams to be a lack of accuracy and general weirdness occuring

R* original line from steve Ms decompiled binary "countryw_stream5.ipl"

17150, dummy, 0, -643.12500, -2776.18750, 59.80469, 0.00000, 0.00000, 0.00000, 1.00000, 5

Your application decompiles the same file like so:

17150, Item 1, 0, -643.125, -2776.188, 59.80469, 0, 0, 0, 1, 5

Im pointing this out because theres a lot of bugged placements in the original game that i'd like to fix.

A transparency issue

user posted image

Edited by atfburner

@OrionSR

Example of floating point to integer conversion using Weapon Placer - A Jetpack behind CJ's garage

X = 2504.0, Y= 1710.0, Z=13.5, Weapon=Jetpack

i will fix this,

and do not write long messages, that seems horror to me...xD so please take care of my time, i m not a free person that always works on tools or mods of games, i have lots of other works... you should write the exact problem or what it should be, not a entire horror storie....xD turn.gif

Weapon Placer vs Coods Compass

you should not compare them, they are different however their work may same

Cords Compass will win against almost all subtool of IPL Helper

Comments function has been added... wait for beta 2

@atfburner

Theres seams to be a lack of accuracy and general weirdness occuring

R* original line from steve Ms decompiled binary "countryw_stream5.ipl"

17150, dummy, 0, -643.12500, -2776.18750, 59.80469, 0.00000, 0.00000, 0.00000, 1.00000, 5

Your application decompiles the same file like so:

17150, Item 1, 0, -643.125, -2776.188, 59.80469, 0, 0, 0, 1, 5

the name of model will not effetf your game, it can be give any....i checked the Binary-(De)Compiler and found that it isnt working properly... i still unable to convert ipl to bin ipl by that tool... try yourself you will get to know too

A transparency issue (just pointing this out)

image doesnt exists....check

Edited by xmen

Thanks for the name information smile.gif

Moving onto the next part highlighted.

It appears the Y cords are being rounded down? to 3 decimal places whilst

others have full 5 decimal places accurate, is that something you could

look into?

image again::

user posted image

Ocrams compiler never worked for me either and the BinIPL Manager

doesnt work with parked cars atm, your application is my best hope for

saving complete smile.gif

look into?

i have checked but didnt found any difference, i hope it will be fixed in Beta 2

and about transparency, it occurs sometimes when you use 'Visual Styles'

Edited :

look into?

this problem cannot be solved as it require float and a conversion from string to float is that the cause of problem

for examaple:

Ex1

String : 98.9824131

float : 98.9824142

Ex2

String : 98.9824139

float : 98.9824142

Ex3

String : 98.9824188

float : 98.98242

it is a hole in conversion

Edited by xmen

Nice tool tounge.gif

Hum for the car problem, I will work on it. the problem come from my TextIPL Parser ^^

Hum for the car problem, I will work on it. the problem come from my TextIPL Parser ^^

????????

atfburner said :

Ocrams compiler never worked for me either and the BinIPL Manager

doesnt work with parked cars atm,

I have the same crashing problem with Beta 2 that occurred with the release of Beta 1. Microsoft Popup reports no useful information, RuntimeError.log reports that the Framework version is not supported.

Example of unfixable transparency issue on Beta 1. Background borders that show through disappear when the window in used, but the background still shows through the borders of the active window. Could this be an issue with my video card or drivers?

user posted image

Sorry, I know this is a dead issue, but it came up while I was double checking something else:

Enex Placer has a hard coded value of 0.0 (or 0.00?) for the 4th field in the enex line. Rockstar's usually uses 0 without the decimal, but when they have non-zero values entered in this field they are floats to many places, so your hard coded value would seem more appropriate.

Technical Note: Enex field 4 is documented as ROT???, and unknown rotation. Judging by the values entered in the standard IPL files field 4 is most likely using radian angles.

Edited by OrionSR

Example of unfixable transparency issue on Beta 1. Background borders that show through disappear when the window in used, but the background still shows through the borders of the active window. Could this be an issue with my video card or drivers?

this is known bug, it occurs sometimes but i dunno why sad.gif

I was double checking

is Beta 2 working on your pc ???

Judging by the values entered in the standard IPL files field 4 is most likely using radian angles

radian angles...confusing, the max radian is 360 / 57.2958 = 6.283183 rad

and i found 7+ values for rotation in enexes

so how can you say that its radian ??? dontgetit.gif

Edited by xmen

No. Beta 2 will not start. I get the same Framework error as I did for the initial release of Beta 1.

The reason I suspect that (unknown rotation) field 4 are radian angles is that I am somewhat familiar with these angles and recognized several in the IPL I was examining.

-229.028, 1401.23, 26.7698, 3.14159, 1.4, 2, 8, -227.028, 1401.23, 26.7698, -48, 18, 0, "UFOBAR", 1, 4, 0, 24777.231, 1871.47, 3.97687, 1.5708, 1.5, 1.4, 8, 778.927, 1874.33, 3.97687, 300.994, 0, 4, "AMMUN3", 0, 2, 0, 24-369.456, 1169.14, 19.3978, 0.785398, 1.69177, 1.71509, 8, -366.422, 1166.54, 18.8978, 923.224, 0, 4, "SVC*NT", 0, 2, 0, 24 

3.14159 rad = 180 degrees, south

1.5708 rad = 90 degrees, west

0.785398 rad = 45 degrees, northwest

There is no maximum rotation on a circle, it just spins around again. There are many examples of Rockstar over rotating their degree angles, so I would not be surprised to find radian angles that are also larger than necessary.

Edited by OrionSR

Sorry, again we seem to be mis-communicating.

I was double checking something I noticed on beta 1. I was waiting for Beta 2 before making any more observations. When I tried Beta 2 it didn't work, but I already had my files open so I looked at Enex field 4 in my IPLs using Beta 1.

Beta 1 Enex placer does not allow the user to control IPL field 4. When I use the Enex Placer and double-click on an exex with and endline comment it causes an exception error (known issue, should be resolved in beta 2). When I double-click on the AMMUN3 example quoted above from countn2.ipl it will strip (the unknown radian rotation in) field 4; Add Line provides a value of 0.00 instead of 1.5708.

This is a problem. Since field 4 is undocumented, encoding control in the Enex Placer would be awkward. I would expect the program to read and copy the information if it is available, or provide 0 (like Rockstar) or 0.0 (since it's a float) for new lines created with Enex Placer. If someone wants to edit this field they can manually change it in the main editor. Or, you could use a routine similar to the one used for the vehicle placer to always convert to and from radian and degree angles. This would be a nice feature but would probably lead to confusion because as far as I can tell, field 4 doesn't do anything.

again we seem to be mis-communicating.

hehe

Beta 1 Enex placer does not allow the user to control IPL field 4.

Add Line provides a value of 0.00 instead of 1.5708.

because i dont what is this

as far as I can tell, field 4 doesn't do anything.

so we should leave it ?? dozingoff.gif

DOWNLOAD BETA 2

A bug found in Weapon Placer (double click on list isnt working)

but its fixed for next release

Edited by xmen

Warning - Wall of Text (sorry, it can't be fixed)

IPL Helper Beta 2 with embedded DNF is up and running.

Vehicle Placer

New comment option is working. I probably should have suggested # to mark comments instead of //. # is the proper standard for text IPL comments, // is used in coding, but I didn't know the difference when I started. Sorry. Still, the feature is working nicely.

Update: Endline Comments marked with # instead of // are confusing the program. I would suggest replacing // with # as the comment marker. Perhaps you can read // or # as an endline comment; even if the tool always writes # as the proper marker. Next time I update my IPLs I'll start using the other format. Sorry again for the improper example.

Vehicle rotation properly shows Up Arrow for north.

Vehicle rotation is encoding Degree Angles instead of the Radian Angles required by text IPLs. Degree Angle entered by user should be converted to Radian Angles when the IPL line is added.

Double clicking on an existing vehicle with a radian angle strips the decimal value (3.14 becomes 3.00). Radian Angle should be converted to Degree Angles for arrow display and modification by the user (3.14 converts to ~180, arrow points south). Existing values should be copied without modification.

Helper Tools reorganize comment lines. Comment lines are not mixed in sequence with working IPL lines. The example below shows how the comments are used, and how the Helper tool disrupts this organization practice.

Garage Section Before shows the original line followed by the modifications.

grge# 715.806, -462.403, 14.9635, 724.293, -462.403, 715.806, -447.29, 21.4398, 1, 5, CEspray // Dillimore Pay’n’Spray715.806, -462.403, 14.9635, 724.293, -462.403, 715.806, -447.29, 26.5, 1, 5, CEspray      // ^taller for helicopters# 2227.6, 168.649, 26.4635, 2234.93, 168.649, 2227.6, 176.333, 29.4635, 1, 29, burbdoo    // Palomino Creek Garage2227.6, 168.649, 26.4635, 2234.93, 168.649, 2227.6, 186.333, 45.4635, 5, 29, burbdoo      // ^enlarge for helicopters# 783.155, -492.75, 16.3361, 789.029, -492.75, 783.155, -485.118, 19.3361, 1, 26, burbdo2 // Dillimore Garage# 783.155, -492.75, 16.3361, 789.029, -492.75, 783.155, -485.118, 26.3361, 5, 26, burbdo2 // ^taller for helicopters783.155, -492.75, 16.3361, 789.029, -492.75, 783.155, -482.0, 26.3361, 5, 26, burbdo2     // ^longer for helicoptersend

Garage Section After. It's difficult to compare the modification with the original.

grge715.806, -462.403, 14.9635, 724.293, -462.403, 715.806, -447.29, 26.5, 1, 5, CEspray      // ^taller for helicopters2227.6, 168.649, 26.4635, 2234.93, 168.649, 2227.6, 186.333, 45.4635, 5, 29, burbdoo      // ^enlarge for helicopters 783.155, -492.75, 16.3361, 789.029, -492.75, 783.155, -482.0, 26.3361, 5, 26, burbdo2     // ^longer for helicopters# 715.806, -462.403, 14.9635, 724.293, -462.403, 715.806, -447.29, 21.4398, 1, 5, CEspray // Dillimore PaynSpray# 2227.6, 168.649, 26.4635, 2234.93, 168.649, 2227.6, 176.333, 29.4635, 1, 29, burbdoo    // Palomino Creek Garage# 783.155, -492.75, 16.3361, 789.029, -492.75, 783.155, -485.118, 19.3361, 1, 26, burbdo2 // Dillimore Garage# 783.155, -492.75, 16.3361, 789.029, -492.75, 783.155, -485.118, 26.3361, 5, 26, burbdo2 // ^taller for helicopters end

Click and Drag and Right-Click options now appear in main editing window. (Clear Colors?)

Garage Placer: (I didn't intend to test this tool yet but the garage section was a good example of comment lines.)

Extensive Garage Type and Garage Door Type available from the Garage Placer menu. Nice work. Perhaps reword the descriptions of the Save Garages to read "Ganton Save Garage", instead of "Save Garage (Ganton)" because all that is displayed in the little window is "Save Garage (".

Regarding Enex Field 4: I would suggest that a double-click should copy the information exactly, but offer no control to the user. New lines Added with the Enex Helper should supply a value of 0 or 0.0. Lines copied with Enex Placer should use a copy of the original value.

Edited by OrionSR

Jump Placer

Double-clicking existing line does not read the reward value.

Corners for start_min, start_max, etc. are incorrect; just like in Beta 1. (startZmin is above startZmax).

Example of jump copied but not edited with Jump Placer

jump2415.856, 1205.986, 8.3841, 2420.256, 1216.014, 16.3441, 2468.854, 1196, 8.0, 2502.854, 1226, 22.0, 2462.172, 1183.709, 21.17483, 1000 // Disco PnS2415.86, 1205.99, 8.38, 2420.26, 1216.01, 16.34, 2468.85, 1196.00, 8.00, 2502.85, 1226.00, 22.00, 2462.17, 1183.71, 21.17, 0 //Disco PnSend

Jump Placer correctly added missing decimal points to some values, but rounded or expanded other values to fit the 2 decimal place format. I suspect that this is just how the program and features work, and it will be difficult to change. I'm sorry, I'm not sure how to express my frustration: It bothers me that the program changes the numbers when I don't click or edit something to change it. Perhaps fields can be retained in the original format until the user clicks in the associated box.

On the positive side, the formating changes have made entering numbers less awkward. It is easier to select, modify, and enter the numbers manually, and decimal values that are larger than the option setting can be entered or pasted and are not subject to rounding until editing is complete. So far it's a big improvement but I haven't turned up the decimal places.

Warning - Wall of Text (sorry, it can't be fixed)

????

New comment option is working. I probably should have suggested # to mark comments instead of //. # is the proper standard for text IPL comments, // is used in coding, but I didn't know the difference when I started. Sorry. Still, the feature is working nicely.

Update: Endline Comments marked with # instead of // are confusing the program. I would suggest replacing // with # as the comment marker. Perhaps you can read // or # as an endline comment; even if the tool always writes # as the proper marker. Next time I update my IPLs I'll start using the other format. Sorry again for the improper example.

if // working so why you want # too??? mercie_blink.gif

Vehicle rotation is encoding Degree Angles instead of the Radian Angles required by text IPLs. Degree Angle entered by user should be converted to Radian Angles when the IPL line is added.

Double clicking on an existing vehicle with a radian angle strips the decimal value (3.14 becomes 3.00). Radian Angle should be converted to Degree Angles for arrow display and modification by the user (3.14 converts to ~180, arrow points south). Existing values should be copied without modification.

ok i will try to fix it

Garage Section After. It's difficult to compare the modification with the original.

this is difficult to keep the line sequence if you have # in the starting of line

(Clear Colors?)

when an error found in checking IPL, then the errored line colored in red, to remove that color this is a way smile.gif

Perhaps reword the descriptions of the Save Garages to read "Ganton Save Garage", instead of "Save Garage (Ganton)" because all that is displayed in the little window is "Save Garage (".

user posted image

where is the problem??? if its not appearing properly, just increase the DropDownWidth of Garage type from Preference

Regarding Enex Field 4: I would suggest that a double-click should copy the information exactly, but offer no control to the user. New lines Added with the Enex Helper should supply a value of 0 or 0.0. Lines copied with Enex Placer should use a copy of the original value.

Double-clicking existing line does not read the reward value.

startZmin is above startZmax

ok it will be fixed

Jump Placer correctly added missing decimal points to some values, but rounded or expanded other values to fit the 2 decimal place format. I suspect that this is just how the program and features work, and it will be difficult to change. I'm sorry, I'm not sure how to express my frustration: It bothers me that the program changes the numbers when I don't click or edit something to change it. Perhaps fields can be retained in the original format until the user clicks in the associated box.

On the positive side, the formating changes have made entering numbers less awkward. It is easier to select, modify, and enter the numbers manually, and decimal values that are larger than the option setting can be entered or pasted and are not subject to rounding until editing is complete. So far it's a big improvement but I haven't turned up the decimal places.

i will read this later

It's not a problem, it's just that one format provides a little more information than the other.

user posted imageuser posted image

It's not a problem, it's just that one format provides a little more information than the other.

user posted imageuser posted image

oh, i will change the format

I'm not getting, what you wanna say whatsthat.gif

Edited by xmen

Everything works biggrin.gif !!! until i get to the bit where i actually want to find my vehicle/pickup in the game cry.gif ... how do i insert the cars into the game? do i save the ipl to a certain location? do i keep ipl helper running? or do i paste the code into a file?

how do i insert the cars into the game?

1. create a new ipl, add its path in gta.dat

2. open that ipl in ipl helper, open vehicle placer

3. fill all required fields, close and save

4. start new game, and you will find your car

bored.gifbored.gifbored.gif

do i keep ipl helper running? or do i paste the code into a file?

no smile.gif

how do i insert the cars into the game?

1. create a new ipl, add its path in gta.dat

2. open that ipl in ipl helper, open vehicle placer

3. fill all required fields, close and save

4. start new game, and you will find your car

ok thanks but if its a .dat file will i have to use IMG tool?[/SIZE] EDIT: i think i've figured it...

BTW the beta 3 seems to be workin great. i have noticed that it crashes if you have a trainer running (gtasa console or something) but thats no problem

Edited by Deji

Spider-Vice

No. You have to convert it to .ipl.

No. You have to convert it to .ipl.

no conversion neccesary... it saves as an ipl.