Slightly dissapointing...

ellion

According to the new previews: cars are non customizable...

No way. Really. NFW. I dont know about you guys, but I enjoyed modifying cars in SA a lot. And actually hoped that R* would expand the tuning abilities in the new GTA. Dont get me wrong, I am not big fan of Saints Row either, you know. Just something inbetween. Whats the big deal? Just change the rims, tint the windows or something, thats it. I mean, it wouldnt hurt. But without tht option its kind of blank, if you know what I mean.

I know what you mean, but has this been officially clarified by R* that GTA4 wont have the car modify ability?

O Rei do Frango Assado

Personally, I couldn't care less. The way I see it, in GTA, cars are there for you to pick up, use them for whatever you may need them until they get destroyed and then you simply proceed to get another one.

I know what you mean, but has this been officially clarified by R* that GTA4 wont have the car modify ability?

Not really man. But it was mentioned in the review by Kikizo (((

The problem with the previews is:

1- R* could've easily removed or locked some game components so that preveiwers could not release them to us (which they have before)

2- R* could've easily asked previewers to not reveal certain information under any circumstances, or make them sign a form saying that they will release only what R* tells them to (which they have done before)

3- Too many of the previews contradict each other and claim to be "official news"

In conclusion, besides the fact that you can run over pedestrians and eat at Cluckin Bell, nothing is confirmed until April 29th....then, the planets align biggrin.gif

this is the reason i will not buy the game...and im sure this topic will be locked due to flamers....But im the 1 person that doesnt like doing missions or side missions..i like the freedom of matching my clothes and cars by color,mood,setting...

So now the game really has nothing that makes me want it..im stuck waiting for saints row2 and im def not a fan of the game...

I just dont see how you have all this "new" tech in the game,girlfriends,internet,ect...

And not give those who simply like to free play the option to mod cars...

This really crushed me...i mean the co-op hurt me 2...but i was cool with that as lon as i had my car mods...

So your not the only 1 i really am done with GTA and take 2....

Yes i will rent the game...but i will not buy it or support them...

user posted image

3D Vision

Xbox 360 Driving Wheel

sattizahn, I get your point man. This is actully what I hope R* had done. Otherwise, talking personally, theres less chance for me buying the game sad.gif(

Car customization was cool in SA- I mean it was R*'s impression of the West Coast which is renowned for its colorful and ingenuous customization of 60s and 70s era vehicles. It made sense. While DUB is huge in NY (and personally, I think it'd be cool if Niko were able to acquire and keep a DUB Escalade or Charger) since Niko is an illegal immigrant (I'm assuming, they don't say either way, do they?) and on hard times at that, customizing a car isn't something he'd do, IMHO.

If R* is intentionally holding this (and other info) back, I applaud them. If it truly is NOT in the game, that's fine by me as well. I'll be too busy doing other stuff to worry about customizing a car that may or may not be there when I return from whatever it is I'm doing.

Carmods- if you're not a fan, why are you here? I mean, you were/are waiting on GTA IV just for car customization? Why not get Midnight Club or some other racing title that has a deeper car customization routine than any GTA to date? Gran Turismo perhaps? As for dating, you could play the Sims which would give you an even deeper relationship-building experience.

me etier i wont buy the game , unless they fufill my list of wishes i sent to them last year

user posted image
i heard it on the radio

sattizahn, I get your point man. This is actully what I hope R* had done. Otherwise, talking personally, theres less chance for me buying the game sad.gif(

No R has told them str8 up no car mods...This is not somethin they would hide seeing as its not a new feature...So best know that there are no car mods....It has come from 3-5 sites that its not in game...Mark my words its only 2 months till the game...We are at the next stage which is multi player info...

As much as i wanted gta4 i now have no love or want for it...

It's like fable 2 they hype it to sound all good...but u'll still be on a lil path no free roam...Gaming is not fun anymore..and i for 1 will find a new hobby

user posted image

3D Vision

Xbox 360 Driving Wheel

me etier i wont buy the game , unless they fufill my list of wishes i sent to them last year

I like this guy. colgate.gif

The GTA series have always had a wide fan base, but some people are just hard to please. Admittedly, I was slightly disappointed when the lack of car customization was confirmed - I had spent hours on end pimping up rides in San Andreas.

This is like the "Omfg, no planes? I'm not buying!"-phenomena over again. People need to start realizing that this isn't San Andreas. If you can't focus on all the new aspects that are being added to the game, because you're blinded by the fact that IV doesn't fit your expectations of it being a beefed up SA with more of everything, this game just isn't for you.

user posted image

And heres the 1st flamer.....I really dont see why people feel a need to say they dont care i think this thread is for us that do care so we can vent/feel sad..

Its not cool for people to say why they dont think its in game and sort of pick at us about...

So please people if you dont care its not in game then go post in another thread...

This is for us that CARE ok???????

user posted image

3D Vision

Xbox 360 Driving Wheel

Not really man. But it was mentioned in the review by Kikizo (((

Its called a preview. Its bugs me when people say review. We will see the reviews in a few weeks. That is all.

If you read my first post and actually think of what I wrote you will come to the conclusion that:

1) I am not a big fan of cusomizng cars by themself neither I am into racing

2) I have ejoyed that function in the previous GTA

So, basically, what I mean is: I loved the tuning option IN the GTA SA. Thats it. I loved the game and the customizing thing was a huge plus. Thats it, guys. Dont interpretate please.

SnoopyDoggy

And heres the 1st flamer.....I really dont see why people feel a need to say they dont care i think this thread is for us that do care so we can vent/feel sad..

Its not cool for people to say why they dont think its in game and sort of pick at us about...

So please people if you dont care its not in game then go post in another thread...

This is for us that CARE ok???????

actually i was the first one to make a fuss about how this feature was out, and how much disappointed i was....

this picture is just to make a point that this has been discussed a week ago in like 10 topics, and everyone who was disappointed, including me, got to let everyone else know about it....

but yea I'm pretty disappointed too

user posted image

You rock, pal.

Anyway, back on topic: Customizing cars became boring after four times. I did always add nitrous, but that's about it.

Doesn't bother me, really.

Yq5y51Y.png

Car customization was cool in SA- I mean it was R*'s impression of the West Coast which is renowned for its colorful and ingenuous customization of 60s and 70s era vehicles. It made sense. While DUB is huge in NY (and personally, I think it'd be cool if Niko were able to acquire and keep a DUB Escalade or Charger) since Niko is an illegal immigrant (I'm assuming, they don't say either way, do they?) and on hard times at that, customizing a car isn't something he'd do, IMHO.

If R* is intentionally holding this (and other info) back, I applaud them. If it truly is NOT in the game, that's fine by me as well. I'll be too busy doing other stuff to worry about customizing a car that may or may not be there when I return from whatever it is I'm doing.

Carmods- if you're not a fan, why are you here? I mean, you were/are waiting on GTA IV just for car customization? Why not get Midnight Club or some other racing title that has a deeper car customization routine than any GTA to date? Gran Turismo perhaps? As for dating, you could play the Sims which would give you an even deeper relationship-building experience.

Sigh....can you get out of the car on any of the games you said NOOOOO...

Dont tell me that my 65 isnt worth sh*t...its what makes a game CO able to make another game...

If you do a google on my net name Romeo615 you'll see ive been making gta mods for years now...But i do feel its stupid for a game to take away from features it had...

Why is gta even doing multi player to get more people to buy the game..they want more money more people buying it...

So no i dont wanna play another game i wanna do more then the past games...

It's lil things that add to a game and give it replay value...No im not a die hard fan that will take what ever throw at me...

ok i understand car mods wasnt in gta3 or VC..and thats why i dont play them anymore i moved on to better things...but i still play SA cause the car mods adds replay value to me personally...

It just seems in 08 its a standard for games...most CO wont make a game with no multi player...So it just seems like you add to a game not take away then replace with bullsh*t...i DONT want a girlfriend in gta i have a real life 1...

But i do like fixing up cars i will never have or cant afford...I am a person that matches my clothes to my car in real life..I am a person that if i can afford it i will add rims to my car,a system, so yes i want it in a gta game...

ok im done back to work for me!!!

user posted image

3D Vision

Xbox 360 Driving Wheel

No offense but if you only want a game for car customisation (which this game does not feature), then why the hell are you still here?

Are you seriously saying that because a game as highly anticipated as GTA IV has no car customisation you have just gone 180 on the game and decided it's not worth money? Well guess what, I fly planes in the real world. But R* don't have them in sad.gif Oh well, I might be able to live if I take things a day at a time.

beauedwards

I don't mind. I never used the customisation. And carmods, could you calm down with the ellipses please? Why not just use a full stop?

If you read my first post and actually think of what I wrote you will come to the conclusion that:

So, basically, what I mean is: I loved the tuning option IN the GTA SA. Thats it. I loved the game and the customizing thing was a huge plus. Thats it, guys. Dont interpretate please.

I read your first post; you liked the customization of SA and you think IV w/out it will be a blank. That's your opinion to which I heartily disagree. Hey, we're entitled, right?

What we are NOT entitled to, however, is the butchering of the English language. I'm not talking about slang, or misspelled words or bad grammar, that's rampant on any board you go to. No, I am talking about making up words that do not exist. For instance - irregardless. Sounds nice doesn't it? Not a word. Here's another - interpretate. Sounds nice doesn't it? Guess what? Not a word...at least, not in the English language, or its Latin ancestor. Interpret is the act, intepretation is the result; interpretate means nothing. Usage of words that do not exist solely for the purpose of advancing the collective opinion in favor of the poster only results in the opposite occurring.

Going back to interpreting your post, you also mentioned that the lack of customization would preclude your purchasing the game- which is fine, its your money, its your decision, but it also tells us you are not a true fan. That in itself means nothing; just an observation.

No offense but if you only want a game for car customisation (which this game does not feature), then why the hell are you still here?

Are you seriously saying that because a game as highly anticipated as GTA IV has no car customisation you have just gone 180 on the game and decided it's not worth money? Well guess what, I fly planes in the real world. But R* don't have them in sad.gif Oh well, I might be able to live if I take things a day at a time.

Ok i was looking forward to playing GTA co-op....but they didnt add it even after games like gears and crackdown...ok cool i can live with that...But if i dont like missions,running around and killing people for no reason,doing mini games whats left???

Yes i like the freedom of gta games...i always wished the npc on the street was smarter...I do like the option to have the npc react to what i do...

My 1 thing i hated about crackdown was the city felt dead..after you killed all the bosses it was just empty...

GTA did a good job by making the city feel alive...im a black man...my culture being poor and from the ghetto may be diff then urs..so im not all into the mob, i dont wanna see people die,im not into this gangster story sh*t...i see it everyday when i look outside...i play gta for fun...i like to do things in the game i cant in real life...

There is not certin way to play the game...Because i like to enjoy playing outside of the rules does that make me not worthy of playing a gta game...

I understand to some of you car mods is nothing cool...i dont go around here and say anything about it..I dont flame,and i dont have a need to tell people what i think about what they think...

All i can say is the 2 things i was looking forward in the game is not there so yes it kills the game for me...

I want the game not just for car mods...I wanted the game cause i live in NY and i wanted to just roll around my hood in a nice car i fixed up with co-op...so me and my girl can play at the same time...I wanted to play a gta game with good graphics...

I wont lie...you think i wanna play as some russian??? f*ck no im BLACK..but i was cool with it...

I like the fact i can just chill in the game...go get some food...Play out a movie i like...like boyz in the hood...When i play SA i just remake movie moments i like...Or i add to it... Like when they killed ricky...so i act like its right after that moment then i go look for the guys who killed him...I get something else out of the game i guess...

And i like the fact in gta you have a whole city to just have fun in...Yes im a nut cause i like to look good in the game and have nice clothes,nice cars,nice rings and bling...

So i ask myself whats left in gta for me??? hmmm lets see... well i can still free roam,buy clothes,go eat...but i cant just hang with my girl in game on co-op or fix my rides...So i guess im just sh*t out of luck....

I wouldnt even waste my time replying on here if my feelings wasnt crushed by this...

I guess this is my only way to talk to other people about gta...all my friends dont take gaming serious...but i do so it feels good to be around other people that like it a lil more then the average person playing it....

f*ck if you look on my youtube page i even hacked my iphone and customized it...i just like fixing my sh*t to fit me...and not many black people I KNOW even give a sh*t about games or mods or tech type sh*t....

So yes im just venting in a way cause i cant change sh*t about the way RS makes the game...but i can say how i feel on a forum without putting down the next person cause i dont see it fit that they like something differnt then me....

RomeoProductionz on youtube..even my page is made custom...

user posted image

3D Vision

Xbox 360 Driving Wheel

I read your first post; you liked the customization of SA and you think IV w/out it will be a blank. That's your opinion to which I heartily disagree. Hey, we're entitled, right?

What we are NOT entitled to, however, is the butchering of the English language. I'm not talking about slang, or misspelled words or bad grammar, that's rampant on any board you go to. No, I am talking about making up words that do not exist. For instance - irregardless. Sounds nice doesn't it? Not a word. Here's another - interpretate. Sounds nice doesn't it? Guess what? Not a word...at least, not in the English language, or its Latin ancestor. Interpret is the act, intepretation is the result; interpretate means nothing. Usage of words that do not exist solely for the purpose of advancing the collective opinion in favor of the poster only results in the opposite occurring.

Going back to interpreting your post, you also mentioned that the lack of customization would preclude your purchasing the game- which is fine, its your money, its your decision, but it also tells us you are not a true fan. That in itself means nothing; just an observation.

wow you get a kick out of being a asshole....i guess thats why your here huh? im not gonna turn this into a flame war but my god man you def need some help..

I would love to see what you are in real life..you got a youtube with vids of you on it??

Are you some lil kid? or a fat nerd? or a i dont know but why do you have so much playa hater in ur blood cuz??

Wow.....

And as for me im just some dumb black guy,no education,came from a poor fam,just trying to make it in life...check my youtube...

user posted image

3D Vision

Xbox 360 Driving Wheel

wow... aren't you a pompous little nerd...

maybe you're not entitled to butchering languages because your fat mom will get mad... but I AM... in fact, I've butchered more languages than you could probably name off the top of your head and I've butchered them in ways that would blow your mind.

Did you ever consider that a lot of people here don't have english as a first language? So... the fact they speak (AT LEAST) two languages, makes them twice as smart as you? No, you didn't, and that's why I like talking to americans... cause when it comes to the rest of the world, you're like pre-schoolers and can be made to believe anything. But that aside...

So, and this goes to the entire board, if you people could stop being so goddamn autistic and nitpicky about everything we could get some useful discussion going. Let people have their opinions, cause they're entitled to them, just like I am entitled to butcher your native language and you are entitled to disregard my postings.

@carmods: if that was what you pictured, I can understand you're disappointed.. consider yourself lucky you live in new york, cause there's bound to be a game that lets you drive a customized car around your neighbourhood.. some day (mine will never be made, that's for sure) . Still, you being here tells me that you will buy the game, take it home and love it.

To me, the graphics are disapointing. Not the way they're drawn, but I expected more from the technical side... you know, sharper edges and textures. And i'm disapointed that again they didn't fix the draw distance. Or rather, that they reduced it for performance. But oh well....

If you guys want to customize the game to your taste, wait for the PC version to come out so you can mod it.

meh... pc gaming is dead (to me).. I got sick of upgrading my system all the time (once you've bought a top-of-the-line pc twice, you're done), then having to wait for it to install a game from 15cd's, then having to tweak it for a few weeks to get it to run properly. And these days copy protection is making it worse.

Also I use my pc for more serious things than gaming and I can't have the risk of my system being ruined by some crap programming on some mod... it just ain't for me.

Still, I am curious at what these mod guys can cook up in RAGE.. could be very interesting with the addition of euphoria.

meh... pc gaming is dead (to me).. I got sick of upgrading my system all the time (once you've bought a top-of-the-line pc twice, you're done), then having to wait for it to install a game from 15cd's, then having to tweak it for a few weeks to get it to run properly. And these days copy protection is making it worse.

Also I use my pc for more serious things than gaming and I can't have the risk of my system being ruined by some crap programming on some mod... it just ain't for me.

Still, I am curious at what these mod guys can cook up in RAGE.. could be very interesting with the addition of euphoria.

time will tell but who knows when the pc version will hit...and i doubt i will buy a new mac to play gta with mods...i threw away my window based pc long ago...

im just working with a g4 mac laptop..

user posted image

3D Vision

Xbox 360 Driving Wheel

wow you get a kick out of being a asshole....i guess thats why your here huh? im not gonna turn this into a flame war but my god man you def need some help..

I would love to see what you are in real life..you got a youtube with vids of you on it??

Are you some lil kid? or a fat nerd? or a i dont know but why do you have so much playa hater in ur blood cuz??

Wow.....

And as for me im just some dumb black guy,no education,came from a poor fam,just trying to make it in life...check my youtube...

A youtube with videos on it? What am I, 17? Nope. I'm older than that; and I actually do get off on being an asshole sometimes, some of you make it hard not to be. As for that comment, you being a black MAN should never come out your mouth with bullsh*t- 'as for me, i'm just some dumb black guy, no education, came from a poor fam' - WTF man where is your pride in yourself?

If you were THAT dumb, I doubt you would've figured out how to use youtube, much less create a video and post on it. I know dumb people, they're useless to society and not worth the effort it took to get to know them. So yea, I hate from time to time just like EVERYONE else on here...its a way to pass the time. Like this next cat I'm about to address.

DLX, hey man, would it surprise you to know I don't give a flyin f*ck how many languages you've butchered? What, you think that makes you seem smart because you can speak unintelligently in more than one language? Good for you; I'm sure you do your family proud...but what does my mother's size or weight have to do with the discussion at hand? I get it, you're just a dumb kid. If English is not your first language and you come on a message board that is CLEARLY in English and the majority of the posters on here have a decent command of the language, is it unrealistic to expect it to remain that way? I wouldn't think so. If you want to butcher a language and make it so no one understands you, why not just type gibberish and save it as a Word document so you admire your handiwork on your own time and not clutter up sh*t that everyone has to share? How about that?

i def feel you D...but i never expected a gta game to be on par with other games when it comes graphics...and dont mind dude he told us hes a forum troll...keep ya head up...i def not gonna buy the game i'll rent it...and if i like it that much then i will buy it..but im tired of buying games that dont let you play em like you want to..

I dont know man...this just killed my gaming year...

like how the new star wars game is gonna be a button masher...i mean why cant you control the saber in real time? why dont they have real time damage on the bodies?

why dont fps have real time damage from gun shots?

Its like im tired of giving game devs money when half way through production they add fluff to sell the game instead of just making a good game..

and to the asshole..i didnt put myself down i just insulted myself so you couldnt..

i dont mind calling sh*t like it is...im not all that..hell, i cant even spell good..i wish my life was better but i make due with what i have...but im not some guy that is scared to show who he is...and i think you would be... that said def find a better way to make ur self feel better, other then putting people down... mabey some things in ur life you wish were better, might be if you put out good energy..

So instead of me assuming about you..give me a lil info about who you are...

i like to know how and why things work...im not here to put you down...

im here cause im sad about gta letting me down and pushing the date back on the game..this game was to last me for the next year till i find a mmo worth playing..

(lvl 70 in wow with nothing to do....)

so my work day is almost over and im going to smoke me some purp and enjoy the weekend...guess im stuck playing SA..just hate the dated graphics....

much love to all the gta fans that will buy the game...i hope it tides you over till the next must have game comes...

and srry to the forum for my ranting about car mods...just hurts deep down to have a gta with new graphics and euphoria and no cool looking rims for my cars..

user posted image

3D Vision

Xbox 360 Driving Wheel