Is there any freeware that would allow me to chang

boogernut

Is there any freeware that i could get that would allow me to change the default programs (for different file types) on my computer??? The thing windows already has kind of stinks, so i would like to fine a new software/freeware that would allow me to do that.....

Rocketkiller

What are you trying to do? Change the programs that come with a windows install? I think nLite can do that.

GTA3Freak-2001

Well most programs that handle certain files will set themselves up to be the default program to open the file types it deals with when they are installed but in cases where Windows insists for example to open .jpg's in its Picture and Fax Viewer when you want them to open with Photoshop you can overide that yourself. All you need to do is right click on a jpeg file and go to the properties. There you can choose what program to open it with, this goes for any filetype really provided you choose a program that is made to deal with the filetype.

Rocketkiller

Oh that's what he wants to do. Yea it's really simple, what I do is right click, "open with", select the program and check the always use this program checkbox under the list.

• 1 User Currently Viewing
    0 members, 0 Anonymous, 1 Guest

Important Information

By using GTAForums.com, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.