Info

DCRJonez

I dunno why I got an e-mail from 9lives, since I dunno what it is, but links to an article about GTAIV... I'll link but I dont have time to be translating... So Dutchmen, Belgians please translate! I hope it has some new info in it, I've read it but I've been offline for too long to see what is new and whats not..

LINKY LINKY ph34r.gif

I wanna cookie if this has new info!!

Later! ph34r.gificon14.gif

CoBalT: Is the in-car camera already confirmed?

In contradiction of the rumors that recently circulated on the Internet, there is no in-car camera in GTA IV. Wel is er een camera op de motorkap en twee op verschillende afstanden achter de auto. There is a camera on the hood and two at various distances behind the car.

hmmm thats rather disapointing

dude....there's a lot of info in there! I like it!

A baker's dozen for you!!!

cookie.gifcookie.gifcookie.gifcookie.gifcookie.gifcookie.gifcookie.gifcookie.gifcookie.gifcookie.gifcookie.gifcookie.gifcookie.gif

The article also said that small children are in the game

no he compared his own intelligence to small children

And so it was history that the first thing a Belgian in GTA IV did

Does this mean Niko is Belgian?

user posted image

The article also said that small children are in the game

no he compared his own intelligence to small children

Yeah, I just caught that....

It just contradicted three things that R* already said.

Which makes me think it's fake.

By the way, the in-car camera wasn't a rumor. It was provided during the first wave of info from the third demo, IIRC.

... The small children thing is hard to believe, if not downright impossible to believe, considering R* said they didn't want to have children in their games.

rareairtone

that thing about the in-car view doesn't make any sense. I can't remember what preview it was, but I read from an official source that there was an in-car view, and they liked it

that thing about the in-car view doesn't make any sense. I can't remember what preview it was, but I read from an official source that there was an in-car view, and they liked it

yer im sure i heard somewhere there was a 'dashboard' camera view

yer im sure i heard somewhere there was a 'dashboard' camera view

Yea in the 2nd official trailer there is a in-car view where niko is getting his windshield shot at, unless that was a cutscene.

The preview says their are rowing boats in Central Park, which due to a little bug he couldn't use at that time.

He also says he stole a Hummer lookalike called Mammoth

It took 5 minutes to go from north to south by rubber boat.

You have to be outside the wanted circle for 15 seconds without being spotted before they stop searching you.

You can turn the GPS-voice off.

When going to a taxi you can choose to hijack it or, by holding Y longer, getting in the back seat. Then you choose between a few destinations and pay in front.

The playtime is "longer than SA".

Just like in SA you can have a go with a ho, and then kill her to get your cash back. Also, it will increase your health.

The in-car-camera is not in the game. There is a view from the hood, and 2 from behind the car. (and the cinematic)

There is no top-down view

He recognised lookalikes from Hummer H2, Dodge Viper SRT10, Volkswagen Golf V, Cadillac STS.

Those are the new things for me in that preview.

And so it was history that the first thing a Belgian in GTA IV did

Does this mean Niko is Belgian?

I wish. sleepy.gif

but recent discoveries on one of the new topics on this forum said he was serbian (with a dutch movie to confirm it)

Why I say hes the first Belgian to play it is because he seemed pretty proud of it in his article biggrin.gif (Belgium's a tiny country, give us a break tounge.gif )

Belgium: the land of the finest fries, beer, chocolates, sprouts (eww), and the homebase of NATO... Oh, and we smuggle alot of mary mary from Holland icon14.gif

Back on topic: I aint sure if this is real or not, as I said, I just got this in my mail, but as I check my mail I can see I had mails from 9lives before, not related to GTAIV but also other games, so it SEEMS reliable.

Dude IGN third online preview, the "hands on" confirms in car/dash cam.

"We also found ourselves using the in-car view with much more confidence than previous GTAs – whether it was the more realistic setting that inspired us to turn to this is debatable, but for the first time in the series it seemed a viable viewpoint. "

There you have it.

And for morons or debaters theres a big difference between in car and hood/bumper cam.

This camera will be the dashboard/ PGR3/4 style camera you are used to.

CoBalT: Is the in-car camera already confirmed?

In contradiction of the rumors that recently circulated on the Internet, there is no in-car camera in GTA IV. Wel is er een camera op de motorkap en twee op verschillende afstanden achter de auto. There is a camera on the hood and two at various distances behind the car.

hmmm thats rather disapointing

Yep sad.gif

I'd like to add that the rest of the preview is really good sounding. I wanna try out a rowing boat.

I think it makes total sense for it to be in Middle Park, and its sounds very true aswell.

I was wondering about this:

Sometimes there is a ready helmet on a motorbike you steals, other times you get him out of the pocket of your vest. There was apparently a little place between the bazooka and sniper rifle.

Finaly something to settle the "where does the helmet come from?" threads...

frenzypsycho

Lot's of interesting (new) info !! And, it has a Hummer h2 !!! I drive one and it'll be fun to 'cause mayhem with one in LC !!

I also read that : he shoots a guy on a roof, the guy falls down, grabs a raingutter , gets shot again and falls all the way down.

frenzy

belgium

Edited by frenzypsycho

stinomontana

Met de sportieve auto waarmee ik startte kon ik bijvoorbeeld mooi door de bocht glijden na een tikje op de handrem (RB), maar toen ik een Hummer – alias Mammoth – jackte, belandde ik in al mijn enthousiasme meer dan eens naast de baan. Zeker toen het begon te regenen…

theirs a hummer in the game ???

NICE biggrin.gif

Met de sportieve auto waarmee ik startte kon ik bijvoorbeeld mooi door de bocht glijden na een tikje op de handrem (RB), maar toen ik een Hummer – alias Mammoth – jackte, belandde ik in al mijn enthousiasme meer dan eens naast de baan. Zeker toen het begon te regenen…

theirs a hummer in the game ???

NICE biggrin.gif

GTA has pretty much always had hummer look-alikes (the 3d ones anyway...i dunno about the earlier ones) it was called the patriot.

stinomontana

yeah i know but in vc and sa it whas only the army hummer that whas in it

i hope the gta3 normal hummer returns

i actually posted this a week ago wink.gif

I was just going to say i remember reading about paddleboats

Just like in SA you can have a go with a ho, and then kill her to get your cash back. Also, it will increase your health.

We can't possibly keep floating health hearts in the game because it isn't in keeping with the more realistic nature of IV. But having sex with hooker is perfectly realistic way of improving your health and healing your wounds.

Sleeping with whores is a well known method of healing gunshot wounds.

orly.gif

Looks like some people already translated most of it icon14.gif now I wont have to do it tounge.gif

Going to read it now.....