Why is the one post locked/i have another question

boogernut

OK......

1. Why can't we unlock the PC Chat Thread above???? Yes, it has a lot of useful software, but it would be even better if we could still add to the list............ cause there is lots of other stuff out there/ being made/will be made...... I'm just wondering, because i would love to have a list like that going around.

2. My other thread ( http://www.gtaforums.com/index.php?showtopic=315186&hl= ) was locked...... and i am a little confused.... yes it mentions Warez...... but i do not IN ANY WAY SUPPORT WAREZ or anything of the sort...... i just had a question about the technology. If i am completely incorrect, and we really can't mention warez at all, then please just tell me and i won't ask the question again. Or if there is a way that i can change it to make it ok.... then please tell me and i will edit the post......... i'm not trying to be annoying, i was simply trying to understand the technology/how it relates to life now.... i did not want to download anything illegal or share anything illegal....

This is a question i wanted answered

"In my situation the software i was using had me automatically be a "seeder" and sharer while and after downloading........ i did not actually put up the torrents or any software or SHARE my own version of the file, but the software i think autmatically had me be a seeder/sharer.......

I'm just confused about what that means....... was i therefore doing something illegal? Or is it only the original sharer? What exactly is "seeding" and is that illegal? And how can the email from the Cable service not be legit? While it was from the Cable Service provider, it also mentioned Microsoft....... so therefore could it have been legit? How could i have defended myself with ISP?"

Thanks! And once again, i'm not trying to be annoying or do anything wrong, so if i am please just let me know and i'll stop, i just felt as if you misunderstood my last thread since i had no intention of promoting warez and such....

TY smile.gif

PS ... with the question i was also trying to learn just about the topic (not for illegal reasons) so that i can prevent myself from doing anything illegal in the future..... i'm just looking for help smile.gif

Did you take your Ritalin?

In all seriousness, go to Wikipedia..

And you can't download a torrent without seeding.. the higher your ratio the more priority you're given. If your ratio's constantly 0 then you'll barely get anything. And if you have a sucky ass American cable ISP, there's no hope.

"Did you take your Ritalin?"
Ha ha ha..... no, not funny.....

In all seriousness, go to Wikipedia..
.... Thanks i've already tried.....

And you can't download a torrent without seeding.. the higher your ratio the more priority you're given. If your ratio's constantly 0 then you'll barely get anything. And if you have a sucky ass American cable ISP, there's no hope.

I understand that.... but....

1. Does that therefore mean that by seeding you are doing something illegal (sharing)?

2. I have highspeed internet from a cable company..... is that really that bad? And does America (here... for me..) really have that bad of internet compared to other people? I thought our internet was in many cases better?

Thanks!

Edited by boogernut

GTA3Freak-2001

It doesn't matter since to download files with torrents you need to seed its how torrenting works, the illegal part comes from the content you are downloading. Downloading and/or sharing is the same thing if the content is illegal, not all torrents are illegal content it does have legit uses.

I put two Torrent apps on my laptop but I never figured out how to use them. For long videos as an example, it works great, or SHOULD haha

My friend Rob wasn't helpful to me and he actually turned me on to them! What a jerk, eh?? tounge2.gif

Edited by Slamman

• 1 User Currently Viewing
    0 members, 0 Anonymous, 1 Guest

Important Information

By using GTAForums.com, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.