True Crime: new york city map VS liberty city map

lefantome

HOw much is big TC NYC's map?

I need it to think about the scale of GTAIV's map

TC: NYC had a street-accurate map of Manhattan. Squaremile-size...? Dunno, I'll do some research.

EDIT:

The game also does not depict all five of New York City's boroughs, opting instead for the 24 square miles (62 km²) of Manhattan. In comparison, True Crime: Streets of L.A. depicts 240 square miles (620 km²) of Los Angeles. New York City has a total land area of 303.3 square miles (785.5 km²). However, New York City's skyscrapers and overall density would have taken high demands from the consoles available at the time of the game's release, evident by the choppy frame rates with the finished product's Manhattan.

I dunno how big IV's map is, but True Crime NYC has a 24 square mile-map.

Edited by Gronf

Yq5y51Y.png

Well, if the LC map really is 75% of the SA map then GTA IV will be about 10.425 square miles in size (give or take).

That makes the GTA IV a little under half the size of the True Crime map...but if you've played True Crime then you know what a hassle the map size really was driving from one end of the island to the other so half of that seems like a fairly good size to me.

Matriculated

I've never played TC: NY but I do own the original True Crime. It must be one of the blandest and generic settings for a sandbox game ever. Yes it was big but who gives **** when it's so dull?

FelipeVinhao

If you want the TCNYC's map, just go to Google Maps/Earth and you'll find it there, once it's a replica of Manhattan. But if you want GTA4's map, unfortunately we don't have yet...

Does exist a comparison of games's maps?

Nope, for several reasons.

The biggest being that we really haven't seen more then an outline drawing of the new Lib erty City so we don't have any sort of official scale to it. Plus it's going to be giving us more then just Manhattan so in terms like that it's going for a bigger feel then True Crime did.

But like I said in actual size True Crime: NYC is 24 square miles and GTA IV will be about 10.425 square miles...so we're looking at a little under half the size.

The biggest being that we really haven't seen more then an outline drawing of the new Lib erty City so we don't have any sort of official scale to it. Plus it's going to be giving us more then just Manhattan so in terms like that it's going for a bigger feel then True Crime did.

But like I said in actual size True Crime: NYC is 24 square miles and GTA IV will be about 10.425 square miles...so we're looking at a little under half the size.

But even that can be somewhat misleading; TCNYC was GPS accurate so it had EVERY street mapped in Manhattan. Given the scope of LC, I have no doubt that you won't have nearly as many streets in Algonquin...but maybe in LC as a whole it will be more. This does not mean that GTA IV will be half the size of TCNYC...at least, I hope it does not.

The True Crime NY map was too big I had to keep getting taxis which was annoying because if you drove it would take about 10 mins at top speed to get across the map

but it was a good game i recomend it to people who are looking for a free roam game to pass the time, its much better than the previous game

user posted image

My personal indication is its gonna be 16.875 miles square approximately, rather than 10.425 miles that Optimum reports.

How do I know my calculations are correct. 0.75 x (36,000,000meters / 1609 meters) gives out 16.875- this is 100% accurate from two confirmed facts.

-GTAIV is confirmed to be approx 75% of GTA SA

-GTA SA is confirmed to be 36,000,000 meters square.

Its all in the numbers. PS i dont doubt your arithmetic either Optimum just dunno where you got the numbers?

But even that can be somewhat misleading; TCNYC was GPS accurate so it had EVERY street mapped in Manhattan. Given the scope of LC, I have no doubt that you won't have nearly as many streets in Algonquin...but maybe in LC as a whole it will be more. This does not mean that GTA IV will be half the size of TCNYC...at least, I hope it does not.

Well, I'm just making an educated guess based on the information we have.

We know that San Andreas' map is 13.9 square miles. It is commonly believed that Liberty City will be 75% of the size of San Andreas so that give us 10.425 square miles.

Now we also know that True Crime's map is 24 square miles so that sets us at a little under half of the size of True Crime (minus about 2 square miles). Right or wrong that what I can figure up. confused.gif

We know that San Andreas' map is 13.9 square miles. It is commonly believed that Liberty City will be 75% of the size of San Andreas so that give us 10.425 square miles.

Now we also know that True Crime's map is 24 square miles so that sets us at a little under half of the size of True Crime (minus about 2 square miles). Right or wrong that what I can figure up. confused.gif

Cool I have my 36,000,000 from an article published around the time of release of GTA SA on the Gamespot website.

36,000,000 is 22.785 miles- 0.75 of that is 16.785.

So to sum up, its probs between the two values, hopefully nearer the 16. But we'll see.

Cool I have my 36,000,000 from an article published around the time of release of GTA SA on the Gamespot website.

36,000,000 is 22.785 miles- 0.75 of that is 16.785.

So to sum up, its probs between the two values, hopefully nearer the 16. But we'll see.

To be honest I'd rather you be right instead of me. turn.gif

how much are big oblivion,just cause,saint's rowas dn other sandbox games's maps?

GoldenGlovez
how much are big oblivion,just cause,saint's rowas dn other sandbox games's maps?

(Slo-Mo) Whhhaaat?

Oblivion was just too f*cking big. I love the game, but dear god that map was f*ckin huge

(Slo-Mo) Whhhaaat?

Oh wich balls speak in english! lol.gif

I try to translate better:

does exista a comparison of the surface of the maps of videogames?

Like a comparison between hd resolution XD

i have played most of the GTA and TC NYC and TC had the map of new york but its not exciting or you do the same stuff over and over again and all the streets look almost the same but it was an alright game but anyways map of gta is going to take 1HR to get from on side to the other (i think) and it took 20 mins in TC so you decide but GTA wouldnt be a replica of ny like TC was.

defibrillator

non c'e un paragone per quelle mappe. True Crime e esattamente come New York ma IV no va stare esattamente, piu come un approssimazione

Well Cyrodiil in Oblivion is 16 square miles and Stilwater in Saints Row is 9 square miles.

Where is it confirmed that GTAIV is 75% the size of San Andreas?

I'm pretty sure I heard roughly the same or almost the same size as San Andreas. That sounds more like 85%ish. Either way, just wondering where you heard the 75.

ChillyPhilly

Just Cause's San Esperito was about 1025 square kilometres in area. But the down side to this massive playground was that there was very little to do.

Initially Just Cause 2 was going to ditch 1025 sq km of jungle islands in favour of maybe 1000 sq km of city area.

However, this opinion has been changed and there is a new tropical paradise, an island off of the coast of Southeast Asia called Panau.

EDIT: Here is a screen of JC 2.

user posted image

And another.

user posted image

Further edit: http://www.xbox365.com/news.cgi?id=GudGidLLdL01300818

Edited by ChillyPhilly

Another game would be driver: parallel lines im pretty sure its based on ny or at least most of it

I'm pretty sure I heard roughly the same or almost the same size as San Andreas. That sounds more like 85%ish. Either way, just wondering where you heard the 75.

Everyone has heard that. I have read it on one of the big sites, however its very rough. I reckon its over 75. But if you go with 75 its gonna be 16.785 and thats 100% true arithmetic.

Oblivion is 11sq Kilometres. which is about 4miles sq.

Hmmm...

11sq km = 6.8sq miles icon14.gif

I'm pretty sure I heard roughly the same or almost the same size as San Andreas. That sounds more like 85%ish.  Either way, just wondering where you heard the 75.

Everyone has heard that. I have read it on one of the big sites, however its very rough. I reckon its over 75. But if you go with 75 its gonna be 16.785 and thats 100% true arithmetic.

Cyrodiil in Oblivion is confirmed to be around 16 square miles (41 square km).

• 5 years later...

True Crime Streets of L.A map is 240-square-mile.

It's just not going to happen that GTA V is that big.