Text Options

T-Cipp

i've noticed a lot of people have their own 'text format' that they always use. like different colors, fonts or for me, bold. it sometimes can be annoying to add tags in all the time when i am posting. i was thinking if in the profile options or something a 'text format' could be added so that tags will appear automatically everytime you reply or post and stuff.

again, apologies if this has already been suggested.

smile.gif

biggrin.gif

You've got it backwards. We used to have that here; called a post wrapper - you could add both opening and closing tags in two separate profile fields. However, the feature got abused (see: SIP YEK NOD) and staff removed it in a relatively successful move, although there are some stubborn ones amongst us who have failed to let go.

Safe to say, we won't be implementing it again.

although there are some stubborn ones amongst us who have failed to let go.

Are you calling me stubborn? tounge.gif

I remember when we used to have the post wrappers a few years ago; I never really used them because it only really takes about 5 seconds to add the wrappers and about a half-second click to close them all.

I believe the actual (ha, sorry Justin) reason was due to the strain it was putting on the forums, however, someone may correct me if that's not that case, but I remember hearing that was the reason... unless my memory has failed me.

Do look up SIP YEK NOD as Justin said and you will see how some people abuse the post wrappers by picking the ugliest ones possible.

icon14.gif

clEsyRO.gif

I believe the actual (ha, sorry Justin) reason was due to the strain it was putting on the forums, however, someone may correct me if that's not that case, but I remember hearing that was the reason... unless my memory has failed me.

Yeah, I remember something like that. sh*tty server, and post wrappers running queries for each post using a wrapper.

Or somethin' like that...

user posted image

SWEETSAPRIK

Yeah, I remember something like that. sh*tty server, and post wrappers running queries for each post using a wrapper.

Or somethin' like that...

I remember reading that as well, but I think I also remember someone (Luke maybe?) saying that that was crap as any strain was negligible, that it was just an excuse for removing them, and that the real reason was that the majority of staff found them to be misused to make ugly or annoying posts.

Though I could be remembering incorrectly.