Photography Contest Discussion.

Hell No..

There was some ideas and things posted in the voting topic, but they will just keep getting locked. Here, I would like to see what peoples views are, and any ideas for future contests they may have.

Here would be the winning trophey.

user posted image

And heres the sigs up until now.

user posted image

user posted image

Edited by Hell No..

Well, I think we should go along with what we discussed in the photgraphy contest #2 voting thread, and go with what I posted, a la the signature ideas I created, which were improvised on by Hell No...

The winner of each competition will have the privelege of wearing a signature, with a trophy on based on the idea of the subjest (e.g Hell No's sig). The winner will wear the signature until the next topic is created, and so on.

Then, at the end of the whole competitions, I think we should cap it all off by having an overrall best personal shot contest, in which contestants pick there favourite picture out and use it as there submission. And finally, all the previous best shots/winners from every competition get thrown into a final contest for GTAF's greatest shot. The overrall winner would earn the right to wear the golden camera award, created by Trows, for as long as they wish.

Just a few suggestions.

Edited by flicko

Sounds good to me. I like the idea of getting all the winners together for a big stand off competition. That would be great.

Not that we wouldn't be proud of it, but those award sigs are quite bulky and would knock out any other sig image you have most likely (says the guy with the tiny sig, lol). I think a nice thin one, say at the max 25-50 pixels wide and 100 pixels tall would work well. I'd shoop it up right now, but I'm at school, but I was thinking maybe using the oscar type award and slapping a camera on to replace the guys head lol.gif

Something... just my 2 cents.

Picolini is now Pico

user posted image

Jonny_Tightlips

If we don't like the current sig, can we just do what I did?

...besides that I ain't sayin nuthin.

If we don't like the current sig, can we just do what I did?

Doing something like you've just done, giving it a mention in your sig would probably be better than the original signature ideas. This weeks topic is reflection, and it may be pretty difficult to make a trophy based on refelection, aswell as time consuming, which could also happen for various other topics. Maybe giving it a mention in your signature, for more difficult subjects, e.g reflection would be better and easier?

Yep, I agree there guys. Especially if you win a few and want to put them all in. happy.gif

What font was that, Zak?

Edited by Hell No..

what is the contest #3 signature "coup"

Well, since reflection is a hard topic to create a trophy for, I suggest a basic trophy, with the reflection of the winning shot in the middle. Aswell as the text at the side reading- Visual arts photography contest winner, week three- Reflection. Sort of like this-

user posted image

But with the reflected image of the winning person's shot. What d'you think?

Or, alternatively, the winner can just do as discussed and mention it in there sig.

i was thinking about a golden camera with a reflection under it ..and the text next to it dozingoff.gif

Well I think the golden camera should be kept for reasons above.

@Flicko, its a good idea, but too big for a signature?

Well I think the golden camera should be kept for reasons above.

@Flicko, its a good idea, but too big for a signature?

The camera can be resized to fit in the signature, but the winning picture contained inside it would be a tad small. I don't know, it's all I can think of atm, as I've previously said, reflection's pretty difficult to do.

user posted image

The background could be removed and the writing can be added, which you can do with ease. smile.gif

Jonny_Tightlips

Ryan, it's Antigoni. Good font for small sizes.

...besides that I ain't sayin nuthin.

user posted image

How about something like this? I'm trying to give it a reflection look but it looks like shadow to me. confused.gif

Thats pretty damn good mate. Wouldnt of thought about that. I like it. Maybe a wavy effect of the reflection? Hmm.

Off topic from trophies, the topic of thumbnails in the voting topic came up in this weeks thread.

Basically, next time around I feel telling everyone to post click-able thumbnails for their entry (which is a better idea, as there'd be no 56K-killing, page stretchers) would work well. Then you (Hell No...) could just copy/quote the text and paste it in the the poll, instead of naming it one. If you can't use pictures there, then maybe take the first post or two (or three, depending on how many entries, as there's only room for 12 pictures per post, I believe). It'd make it easier to go through all the pictures if we could see a thumb before hand. If it's too much more work for you, then forget it, this is all about fun, but I think it'd help.

As for the award, I likes Zak's idea. Throw a small SLR type camera before/after/both of the text and change the number each week. More like a userbar that way, which most can slip in their sig.

Picolini is now Pico

user posted image

As far as I know, Photobucket doesn't give thumbnails. And I'd really like to use it, because I put 98% of my pics there. I don't want to Imageshack, because, if I want to view my pictures later, I won't find them, because they get old and deleted/moved/all the links I've posted are lost. But does Photobucket give any thumbnails? I haven't seen that feature. Which would be quite weird, because it's one of the biggest photo-host sites.

We will be the arms that lift you up oqKntbC.gifWe will be the hand that strike you down

My idea of us giving titles to our photos and then Hell No.. posting them in the poll with an "Username - Title" format, with links to the photos, would solve the limit of images per post. You'd know what the photo was like by the title, or even by the user who posted it, since we can only enter one photo anyway.

ANYTHING apart that numbers system would be better, really. I'm tired of having to open a thousand different tabs in FF with all the photos then having to match the link of the photo I chose with the link on the numbers... suicidal.gif

Well if we do it like that, with the names and stuff, the poster should post it as they want it, with the link and everything. It'd make setting up the voting topics much easier for Hell No....

Also, use Isarapix. You'd just be uploading one picture to another site, it wouldn't be that hard, would it?

Picolini is now Pico

user posted image

Good suggestion, I did a little test and it turns out to be a good source for thumbnails. Perhaps for future contest we should follow a guideline for posting our entries, something like this? To make it easier for Hell No to sort things out.

user posted image

Thumbnail:

[img=http://www.isarapix.com/pix55/sm/1205376365.jpg]

Image:

http://www.isarapix.com/pix55/1205376365.jpg

Here's the link to IsaraPIX as Picolini suggested.

http://www.isarapix.com/

Edited by WhoooMan

Since two photos are currently tied for 1st place I have a question- What happens if two people get the most votes? Do we have two joint winners? or have a final vote off?

A big congrats to Pic on that one. Very close indeed.

New one up soon.

Thank you, thank you. I didn't expect to get more votes, but they squeezed in there quick I guess.

I fear I won't win the next one though tounge.gif

Picolini is now Pico

user posted image

Im just waiting now for people who ive PM'd to edit their posts with the code. I dont think it should be up to me.

Im just waiting now for people who ive PM'd to edit their posts with the code. I dont think it should be up to me.

And if they don't edit their post, what then?

I think its just their fault for not reading properly? Just go ahead with it.

Maybe next time you could make big and bloody red texts for the part where they have to post a thumbnail and codes. If that doesn't get their attention, then I'd lose faith in humanity. tounge.gif

Well done to Mooney!

Im not sure whether to keep my Pig:

user posted image

Or use the Cows:

user posted image

???

lol.gif Definitely the cows!

I'm spoilt for choice as well, but it's between about 10, I'' narrow them down and post them up later, I just can't choose.

• 1 User Currently Viewing
    0 members, 0 Anonymous, 1 Guest

Important Information

By using GTAForums.com, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.